Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience (20804 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / 2 MOUAU Students Found Dead In Their Room In Abia / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
Some Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) students today, went on a protest against the management of the school in what many of them termed 'playing with their future'. 

It was gathered that some students of the school who graduated 2 years ago, are yet to be deployed for their service year. Here is a Facebook post written by one of the MOUAU students, on why they opted for a protest; 

I deliberately refuse to dive into debates concerning Nigeria and her challenges... This
time around I'm now compelled by the current abysmal situation that has affected many
departments with more than 5,000 students, in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,
Umudike, Abia State, which is precipitated by lack of concern by those who are supposed to nip this protracted problem in the bud. Some departments in the aforementioned tertiary institution graduated a good number of students in 2016. These sets of students mobilized, were issued statements of result n had their convocation the following year.
These department include
1. Chemical Engineering Department
2. EMT
3. Library and Information Science Department
etc.
Alas, it's quite excruciating that today these students who have mobilized n are due for a
compulsory one year NYSC are yet to serve. To compound the problem, the school seem Tepid in their approach to resolving this issue. When approached by some affected students they claimed they have zero knowledge of issue of such magnitude. Is so applauding that these departments have also graduated another set of students in 2017, n are at the verge of graduating another set this year.If this problem is not address, the Nigeria students who have graduated from these departments will continue to be affected. Therefore we call on all lovers of education, NGOs, Educational pundits, Media, NUC and every concerned body to look into this issue and save the dreams of many Nigerian students..
# Today # we #say # enough # is #enough

https://lailasnews.com/mouau-students-protest-graduates-of-2-years-yet-to-undergo-nysc-experience/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Babyforever(f): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
They should find something productive to do with their time because NYSC it's a waste of time

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by xamuel17(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
That's the same problem some depts is facing in my school {imsu}.... It's quite unfortunate that we live in a country we're the voice of the masses are never heard

The ministry of education needs to revisit this Nysc mobilization process how can somebody graduate and spend 2 yrs before going for service because of Backlog.

If we try to keep our minds busy with laptop now them go dey complain, abeg who una don empower? angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Dareal90s(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
You need a quality website? U knw how to get me.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
FRUSTRATING.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by JoyBB: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Guys leave school , come let's make money with Sabisale app.

Everyweek alert.. Sabisales too much.
Earn #5000 instantly on Sabisale AppShare daily cash rewards trending now, join to make 5k instantly with sabisale appshare rewards,use this link and claim your #5000 now!

Download app here http://Sabisalecom.ref-r.com/c/i/19321/14354454?r=wa
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by doctore212(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
I need an Afonja sex doll for my birthday tomorrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Cant they go and learn a trade or something while waiting for the NYSC lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by bunmioguns(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
It's well

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by tayo200(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
what nonsense...
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by bunmioguns(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
doctore212:

Clap for yourself

. You have gotten the attention you needed

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by czarina(f): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
This isn't the first time, my graduating set stayed home two years before we went for NYSC

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by KendrickAyomide: 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
doctore212:
what you need is a brain

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by ladyF(f): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
shocked
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by joshmee4real(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
sotallcomputers:
What kinda acronym is MOUAU?
grin grin
I was even trying to pronounce it, I jz sounded like a cow

11 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by gustav25: 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
xamuel17:
That's the same problem some depts is facing in my school {imsu}.... It's quite unfortunate that we live in a country we're the voice of the masses are never heard
sorry to ask but which departments?
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by brexit: 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
THE VC HAS A LOT OF ISSUES AROUND HIM THAT HE DOES KNOW WHAT TO DO

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Fuadeiza(m): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Imagine.... angry angry
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by beebi5(f): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:
They should find something productive to do with their time because NYSC it's a waste of time
The thing is companies request for it before conducting test or interview,so they still need it. This school no try o.

7 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by isaaczik: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
That university is good.

I don't know why the new management is giving it a bad image.

Please let him rise up to his office.

I wish them immediate attention.

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Thickcok01: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
Great umudike........get me the list of those greatmen let me fast track their service sharply.

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
Imagine.....and the said students are protesting.....

What has they achieved within this 2yrs.....

Is a question they need to answer.....

U can't use nysc as an xcuse for been unproductive....
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by isaaczik: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
bunmioguns:
It's well

That university is good.

I don't know why the new management is giving it a bad image.

Please let him rise up to his office.

I wish them immediate attention.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by sammychimex(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2018
If you don't serve extra year in mouau. Thank your God. I believe that 95% of those awaiting nysc had extra years. If u go umudike u know what am saying

2 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2018
[b][/b]Is so applauding that these departments have also graduated another set of students in 2017, n are at the verge of graduating another set this year.

Appalling you mean?

3 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by olukaytboy: 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Cant they go and learn a trade or something while waiting for the NYSC lipsrsealed
I'm so sure u didn't go to school at all cos if u do, u won't utter such nonsense words of urs. So they should wait till eternity abi didirin omo

7 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:

your moniker says it all, you're a baby forever, adult with milk brain.

4 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
olukaytboy:
I'm so sure u didn't go to school at all cos if u do, u won't utter such nonsense words of urs. So they should wait till eternity abi didirin omo
I have a bachelors in marine engineering and I have still not served and don't care to. There's no job in this country so why should I even bother undecided

2 Likes

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by notoriousbabe: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
sotallcomputers:
What kinda acronym is MOUAU?

grin grin
only in Igbo land will you find such acronym grin grin

1 Like

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Franklyspeakin: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
instead of the v.c prof francis ogbonaya otunta to focus on running the school he is there playing useless politics in the university. the university lost accreditations in several depts since his assumption, sallaries are being owed, the only new development was rebuilding an already existing fence then buying himself an official car worth 45million. he got a student in accounting dept pregnant then bought her a car and later flew her abroad. he sacked 854 people then started a quiet employment which included his wife and several kinsmen. Efcc is after him, Auditor general of the Federation says moneys are not being remited, Senate after an inquiry ordered the reinstatement of the 854 sacked staff and termed their removal illegal. SGF said the sacked staff salaries are still coming so where are they going too?? The university has now been relegated to a mockery of its old self. lectures are now getting students pregnant and no disciplinary action is taken (e.g prof osadeke a national exco of ASUU). a major federal government intervention is needed to revive that institution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by kasim155: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
doctore212:

Ur stupidity is of a higher grade. so clap for ursef/ur stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of All NECO Offices Address In Nigeria / Hijab: Aisha AbdulAleem Drags Ogun Government To Court, Demands N1m / 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.