Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience (20824 Views)

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan / 2 MOUAU Students Found Dead In Their Room In Abia / NASU Strike: MOUAU Students Charge Phones In Large Number (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by chimatruth(m): 8:30am On Aug 07, 2018
STUDENTS CRIES...
WHAT'S OUR CRIME?
WHY DESTROY WHAT WE SPENT YEARS TO BUILD?
The management of Michael okpara university of agriculture Umudike under the leadership of prof. Otunta is bent on destroying our five (four for LIS) years of diligent hardwork to acquire a degree in chemical engineering. We were admitted by the school, fulfilled all obligations and requirements leading to the award of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, (B.sc for EMT and LIS) and yet, they won't allow us go for NYSC.
Here is the simple solution available to the school authority, (1) PAY A FINE AND THE STUDENTS WILL PROCEED FOR NYSC OR (2) MOBILIZED THEM UNDER ANOTHER DEPARTMENT AND THEY WILL PROCEED FOR NYSC OR (3) KEEP YOUR STUDENTS FRUSTRATED TILL 2021. Behold, our VC is going for the THIRD option, who will believe this? Chemical engineering, library and Information science, environmental management and toxicology, with a combined students of over 1000 will have their efforts smashed just like that?? Students that committed no crime, they didn't create the problem, they are holding certificates of a Department accredited by NUC.
Do Prof. Otunta knows the trauma, depression, heartache, delayed progress, pressure and above all Destinies he is butchering all because of pride/Ego. Life is not about your policies all the time Sir, two wrongs can never make a Right, Pls, we have no hands in the tussles u have with the past administration which you are trying to show supremacy and victory over. Save our careers, show the heart of Christ in you.
Now friend's, if you have any option or help to render to help us save this situation, feel free to talk to us, over a thousand Students are under this agony that I won't even wish an enemy. We are bittered, crushed but I know we will overcome because Jesus still seats on the throne.
# Helpus
# CHEMICALENGINEERING
# LIBRARYANDINFORMATIONSCIENCE
# ENVIRONMENTALMA
NAGEMENTANDTOXICOLOGY
# NANS
# NGOS
# HUMANRIGHTGROUPS
# MEDIAHOUSES
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by eaglez(m): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2018
Franklyspeakin:
instead of the v.c prof francis ogbonaya otunta to focus on running the school he is there playing useless politics in the university. the university lost accreditations in several depts since his assumption, sallaries are being owed, the only new development was rebuilding an already existing fence then buying himself an official car worth 45million. he got a student in accounting dept pregnant then bought her a car and later flew her abroad. he sacked 854 people then started a quiet employment which included his wife and several kinsmen. Efcc is after him, Auditor general of the Federation says moneys are not being remited, Senate after an inquiry ordered the reinstatement of the 854 sacked staff and termed their removal illegal. SGF said the sacked staff salaries are still coming so where are they going too?? The university has now been relegated to a mockery of its old self. lectures are now getting students pregnant and no disciplinary action is taken (e.g prof osadeke a national exco of ASUU). a major federal government intervention is needed to revive that institution.
When I remembered the blunder made by Prof Anya in praising this so called first class maths Prof from uniben and rector of one afikpo polytechnic I just feel saddened,Otunta just messed up the vision and aspirations of the citadel of learning,even Prof Anya had to tell the press that the in house professors of the school are not fit for the job,a good administrative structure involves continuity,though Edouga may not be described as a complete saint but in all he did his very best in transforming MOUAU. Went for an interview at the Senate chamber for the proposed school of medicine,after much drilling from the panel including edoga himself,came out successful but till date this man Sat on it even after receiving a call as one of the candidates shortlisted as a senior technologist in the proposed school of medicine from the school, I just hope he does not destroy MOUAU before his tenure ends,black men mentality all for the gain of their pockets.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by DeraIgwe: 9:37am On Aug 07, 2018
you people are what have they achieved in two years, SMH, majority of them would be doing something already, even have skills to work with. but nowadays in most firms and companies even some retail stores, you need an NYSC discharge certificate to be employed, so I can understand what they are going... I'm staying at home currently, meant to have gone for service since last year, but due to some officials in my school having beef with other officials in other departments we have been delayed, due to laziness to complete a work you are being paid to do, we have been delayed, we are just praying to God while we are carrying on with our side jobs... it's just very frustrating.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by xploiter(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2018
That's so sad. Take heart bro.

DeraIgwe:
you people are what have they achieved in two years, SMH, majority of them would be doing something already, even have skills to work with. but nowadays in most firms and companies even some retail stores, you need an NYSC discharge certificate to be employed, so I can understand what they are going... I'm staying at home currently, meant to have gone for service since last year, but due to some officials in my school having beef with other officials in other departments we have been delayed, due to laziness to complete a work you are being paid to do, we have been delayed, we are just praying to God while we are carrying on with our side jobs... it's just very frustrating.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by isyourboy(m): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2018
xamuel17:
That's the same problem some depts is facing in my school {imsu}.... It's quite unfortunate that we live in a country we're the voice of the masses are never heard

The ministry of education needs to revisit this Nysc mobilization process how can somebody graduate and spend 2 yrs before going for service because of Backlog.

If we try to keep our minds busy with laptop now them go dey complain, abeg who una don empower? angry

Lols.... Bad guy,
To get more educational stuffs like this visit www.akahinews.com
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by fergie001: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2018
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by DAramis: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2021
Sima04:

guy I dey tell u no be lie...I can tell u authoritatively dat d former v.c edeoga had only a Prado jeep and a hilux as security but dis one has a cull navigator plus one little but mighty Benz(s class) d u can wish to be inside not even own...den has a huge tundra as security vehicle but yet lecturers and oda staff keep complaining dat dey are not paid 100% salary month in month out....I know cos dats ma school and I saw na felloe Nigeria students as they were protesting.
Bro, do you know anyone in this school that is still a student?
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by DAramis: 8:36am On Jan 09, 2021
MissNicole01:
This should be as a result of non accreditation of these departments by the NUC. MOUAU... my alma mater.
Hello, can you be able to connect me with any current student of this school if you know any?
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by DAramis: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2021
dlectura:
Greatest Umudyke... Una do well oh... Well sha MOUAU no be beans, if you know you know.
Hello bro, do you know any current student of this school? could you connect me with any one?
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Sima04: 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
DAramis:
Bro, do you know anyone in this school that is still a student?

boss I'm still a student, finals
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by DAramis: 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sima04:

boss I'm still a student, finals
Okay, can I send you a pm? I will need your help for something.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Sima04: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
DAramis:
Okay, can I send you a pm? I will need your help for something.

if its something I can. Then I will
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by DAramis: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sima04:

if its something I can.
Then I will
Okay, check your email. I will send you a message on WhatsApp later.
Re: MOUAU Students Protest, Graduates Of 2 Years Yet To Undergo NYSC Experience by Sima04: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
DAramis:
Okay, check your email. I will send you a message on WhatsApp later.
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaian School Competition Uses Nigeria As A Reference For Fraud. See Reactions / Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law / Which Is Correct; Eat Orange Or Drink Orange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.