Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do (668 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / 10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by Annwrites: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
So I am less busy right now and decided to drop this.

I am a lady and I have mixed with different ladies in the past and present. But I have always wondered why can't they do this or that.

Well, I must confess my upbringing is quite different from theirs and boarding school didn't help matters too. But, there are still some skills I picked along the way independent of my upbringing.

Albeit, here is my personal list of things I believe every lady should know how to do.

1. Stitch: Every lady I believe should be able to fix a torn cloth or a button. I mean a really neat stitch. It will cost you nothing to learn how to stitch better but it comes with a lot of benefits once you get it right.

Imagine the outfit you plan wearing out has a missing button or your child's school uniform need a small stitch. That will be you saving the day in no time.

2. Maintain Whites: Hmmm, it's no longer news many ladies can't maintain whites be it cloth or even home tiles. If you got it in white, then white it should remain. Many ladies will shy away from getting white undergarment. Why? It will become brown before a second wear. That's not too good

3. Lay a Bed: I guess taking a course relating to hospitality helped me here. I learned to make beds swiftly while ensuring they look beautiful or better put, enticing afterward.

It's not so important, but I still feel every lady should know how to lay a bed. It cost you nothing.

4. Set a Table: Setting a table is not so hard, you could learn how to online. That skill can come handy sometimes, you never can say when.

But, imagine having an important guest in your home and after preparing a delicious meal, you have on the table the wrong utensils and tableware. My lecturer will say, presentation matters a lot.

5. Match Colours: It is believed ladies generally are good with colors and it does help when we have to decorate our own home or space.

Also, for dressing, if you can't match colors properly you definitely will be looking all tacky and unattractive. Orange lipstick, red shoe, green bag, yellow top and a blue skirt. Does it get any better? Such could easily pass for a man but not a lady.

6. Give First Aid Treatment: First aid and disaster management skill is a must for all ladies. My mum treated the majority of my wounds while growing up, we had a standby first aid box to take care of all situations.

And I have grown to do same for myself and others around. It's essential. Take a course on first aid or better still join the Nigerian Red Cross. Thank me later.

7. Improvise: Be it a missing ingredient for a meal or an object for a task, I believe all ladies should be able to improvise. Take time, think and come up with something.

You cannot always have all at your disposal, however, your ability to improvise will save you time.

8. Manage: Many ladies waste a lot. I am equally guilty of this. I didn't realize how much I waste until I started catering for guest as tests in hospitality management course. The little I feel cannot amount to anything is like a meal for my guest. Waoh, little drops of water make a mighty ocean.

Be it food or anything, try to avoid waste at all cost. Even paper, plastics, clothes, money. According to my lecturer, ladies are home managers. So let's act it.

9. Plan a Party: Be it a small party or a large one, I believe ladies should be able to do that. From inviting your guest to planning the menu, to welcoming them and all...you should be able to do day.

You one day will have to, your experience will ensure its flawless.

10. Wash Toilet: I don't have much to say here o. But if you are one of those ladies who shy away from washing toilet. You definitely will be served with embarrassment sooner than you think.

Imagine a toilet your guest cannot use??

That's all...

There is still so much i want to mention but I hate to type for too long.

You can add yours too...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by 360great(m): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
11. Must know how to cook, that was how I met one fine bae that year @ service,invited her for weekend. only for her to help me prepare egusi soup, she prepared poison for me.... soup ended up in the bin

12. Must know how to knack grin grin
Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by DaniDani(m): 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
That number 7 makes so much sense.
Ladies of nowadays are lacking in all aspects of home keeping, may God help us.
Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by HARDDON: 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
Insightful list just Not this indomie and eggs generation
Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by HARDDON: 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
360great:
11. Must know how to cook, that was how I met one fine bae that year @ service,invited her for weekend. only for her to help me prepare egusi soup, she prepared poison for me.... soup ended up in the bin

12. Must know how to knack grin grin

Knack what? Is she a sledgehammer? cheesy
Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by ImaIma1(f): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
If a domestic staff is in the picture, she doesn't need to do some of those things.
Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by czarina(f): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
Plan a party? I don't even want people around!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by preshdiva(f): 7:19am On Aug 07, 2018
I concur. A lady should also know how to make simple snacks for the home too e.g chin chin, cake, and healthy drinks like zobo, kunu and smoothies. Most importantly, a lady should learn how to handle men wink These men are really babies, learn to pamper them.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Every Lady Should Know How To Do by Annwrites: 8:24am On Aug 07, 2018
preshdiva:
I concur. A lady should also know how to make simple snacks for the home too e.g chin chin, cake, and healthy drinks like zobo, kunu and smoothies. Most importantly, a lady should learn how to handle men wink These men are really babies, learn to pamper them.

I dislike cooking sha. But you do have a point.

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Has A Behavior Disorder But She Calls It Feminism! / Professional Ironing Work In Lagos / The Flyer Distributor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.