Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

"It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian (14810 Views)

Why Are Headed Goals More Difficult To Save In Football? / Moses Simon: It Was Difficult Adjusting To Life In Europe / Messi Breaks Goalless Record Against Chelsea To Equalise After Willian’s Opener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by damickey(m): 8:34am On Aug 07, 2018

Willian has admitted that former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte was a difficult man to work with. The Italian was dismissed few days into pre-season and replaced by Sarri.

The Brazilian has high hopes for Sarri’s reign at the club but disclosed that there were times he struggled to understand Conte’s decisions.

Willian appeared to not be Conte’s preferred choice as he spent the majority of the 2017/18 season coming on as a substitute.

In a chat with ESPN Brazil, Willian said:

‘I hope he (Sarri) is not like Conte,’

‘No, I’m kidding. For me, Conte was a manager who was very difficult to work with. His philosophy, his way of dealing with things is very complicated.

‘There were a few games, Sometimes we just don’t understand. You’re playing very well, then you get substituted. I do not understand.

‘There were two times when I got substituted and I went straight to the locker room. It was hard to work with him.

‘The important thing now is to talk about Sarri. From what I heard, I am sure he is a great manager, who does a great job with the team. I have high expectations for working with him.’

Willian returned late to pre-season and played under Sarri for the first time in the Community Shield game against Man City.

It was a game that Sarri would hope to forget quickly as the debut ended in a 2 nil loss to Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

SOURCE:-https://savechelsea.net/willian-it-was-difficult-to-work-with-conte/
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by jeffoe(m): 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Make una sha win the trophy
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Abatemtem(m): 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Make we dey look am nau...

1 Like

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by dyadeleye(m): 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Come to United oga ade... We are patiently waiting

10 Likes

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Papvz: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
Nothing for Chelsea abeg. Zero level
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by sabenabeauty(f): 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Sirmi24: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
Fake story, no footballer would ever say that

3 Likes

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by DumaEmpire(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
And this made fp? Smh
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by dominique(f): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2018

8 Likes

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by eseveli(m): 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2018
we Nigerians is difficult to work with buhari

2 Likes

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by estyvino(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
Oke oh

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by alphaconde(m): 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
why didnt u say this while he was still your coach
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by hi3: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2018
Olodo...you are not just good enough. Pedro will always bench your ass. Selfish thing
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Anfieldster(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Wish u all d best in Europa
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by ceeceeco: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
dyadeleye:
Hmmm! If willian goes to Man Utd, it will be a very fine combination. Pogba, Willian, Fred, and Matic.

1 Like

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by sammhi(m): 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
damickey:

Willian has admitted that former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte was a difficult man to work with. The Italian was dismissed few days into pre-season and replaced by Sarri.

The Brazilian has high hopes for Sarri’s reign at the club but disclosed that there were times he struggled to understand Conte’s decisions.

Willian appeared to not be Conte’s preferred choice as he spent the majority of the 2017/18 season coming on as a substitute.

In a chat with ESPN Brazil, Willian said:

‘I hope he (Sarri) is not like Conte,’

‘No, I’m kidding. For me, Conte was a manager who was very difficult to work with. His philosophy, his way of dealing with things is very complicated.

‘There were a few games, Sometimes we just don’t understand. You’re playing very well, then you get substituted. I do not understand.

‘There were two times when I got substituted and I went straight to the locker room. It was hard to work with him.

‘The important thing now is to talk about Sarri. From what I heard, I am sure he is a great manager, who does a great job with the team. I have high expectations for working with him.’

Willian returned late to pre-season and played under Sarri for the first time in the Community Shield game against Man City.

It was a game that Sarri would hope to forget quickly as the debut ended in a 2 nil loss to Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

SOURCE:-https://savechelsea.net/willian-it-was-difficult-to-work-with-conte/
Pls Chelsea should just sell this guy . His mind if off Chelsea already . He is just good nothing spectacular about him ... complaining players can’t hive 100 per cent
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by okpaire(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
we haven't got a replacement for neymar yet so pls come to barca
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by hustla(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hmm
Dunno if I'll like to see him at United

Would have loved Mahrez but the he goat has gone go City
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by sevo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
dyadeleye:

Keep on waiting mate!! Afta d guy talk sai him wan stay for Chelsea.

Oga Willian, collect five for dia jor

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2018
Willian is better than Neymar.

Neymar is over hyped

1 Like

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by PECON1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2018
my bet9ja transfer game is still running. better stay.

1 Like

Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by sunnyblue26: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
Sharap William, your game has dropped, playing without passion, in fact you should get out of our dear club
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by IAmAmbrose(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
This is not my problem is before morata will score goal and dedicate to his twins.. They will be in primary school
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by belloahmad: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
hmmm
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by moorevic(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
In nigeria we work for but over there you work with. God please change my nationality to England ooo biko nu
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by Triniti(m): 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Sacked a title winning manager for one that has never won anything in the last 20 years. Las las dem no go win anything this season
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by possibleprince: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
hi3:
Olodo...you are not just good enough. Pedro will always bench your ass. Selfish thing
e da pain u sorry we no da sell am for una(man u)
Re: "It Was Difficult To Work With Conte" - Willian by bcube01(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2018
Triniti:
Sacked a title winning manager for one that has never won anything in the last 20 years. Las las dem no go win anything this season

Na wa for u o. Chelsea isn't the first club that will sack a title winning coach and go for another that hasn't. Zidane went thru that raod and we can all see how good he came out even Barca did same to Luiz Enrique.

(1) (Reply)

1.5 Odds Partial Rollover Investment / Cameroon Withdraws Joel Tagueu From AFCON Over Life-threatening Heart Defect / Tennis: Wimbledon 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.