Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 (4547 Views)

Poll: How do you see this match ending

Spain Win: 95% (19 votes)
Honduras Win: 0% (0 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Portugal - U20 World Cup (2 - 3) On 21st June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Artlove(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
Lemme add:

Hleb
Flamini
Adebayor, for what? abeg forget them jol,
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
Debo

stop wanking over Bendtner . . .he cant dust VILLA's boots !
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by 9jafreak: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2010
Torres is Spain's biggest problem

No Team can OUTPLAY Spain

But Torres needs to be back to his best --DOUBT IT!

Start PEDRO (with Villa)

and Spain may just win the Cup as expected.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Sauron1: 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
jalether:

You must be high on paraga mixed with red bull. according to your assessment, the greatest striker of all time (ronaldo) is only 3% better than D.villa

He is. . . . .

Ronaldo always played in the best teams.
PSV, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and BRAZIL.

When you have Romario, Rivaldo, Dunga, Roberto Carlos, etc as team mates for the National Team, then your job becomes easier.
Don't get me wrong. . . . .I am taking nothing away from Ronaldo de Lima but David Villa's stats for club/country is nothing short of amazing.
In the whole of Europe as we speak, David Villa is the number 1 out n out striker.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by jalether(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
~Sauron~:

He is. . . . .

Ronaldo always played in the best teams.
PSV, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and BRAZIL.

When you have Romario, Rivaldo, Dunga, Roberto Carlos, etc as team mates for the National Team, then your job becomes easier.
Don't get me wrong. . . . .I am taking nothing away from Ronaldo de Lima but David Villa's stats for club/country is nothing short of amazing.
In the whole of Europe as we speak, David Villa is the number 1 out n out striker.

Don't be ridiculous. D.villa is not even amongst the top 5 best stikers of this decade

Raul Gonzalez
Shevchenko
Henry
Eto'o
Ruud Van Nistelroy

Villa doesn't measure up to any of the listed strikers in their prime.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by landtraza(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2010
9jafreak:

Torres is Spain's biggest problem

No Team can OUTPLAY Spain

But Torres needs to be back to his best --DOUBT IT!

Start PEDRO (with Villa)

and Spain may just win the Cup as expected.

THEY ARE HAPPY CAUSE GAS IS BACK AND FIT, HONDURAS COULD HAVE CAUSE ANOTHER UPSET. cheesy
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by mamagee3(f): 12:49am On Jun 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Debo

stop wanking over Bendtner . . .he cant dust VILLA's boots !
Is Bendtner the same blonde punk looking Dutch player? grin grin

Dude looks like a swimmer. grin

jalether:

You must be high on paraga mixed with red bull. according to your assessment, the greatest striker of all time (ronaldo) is only 3% better than D.villa

You're so ignorant. . .

Go watch some videos on Youtube. . .Just type in "Ronaldo-Soccer God" and see what pops up.

And who the heck is Villa. . .Please couldn't you come up with World Famous and renowned players like Messi, Fabregas and Fernando Torres instead of an unknown?
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 1:33am On Jun 22, 2010
Sauron

Imagine what VILLA could do in d EPL ?
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by mamagee3(f): 1:35am On Jun 22, 2010
^^Who the heck is Villa?

Could you state his full name and his team? undecided
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Mariory(m): 1:44am On Jun 22, 2010
jalether:

Don't be ridiculous. D.villa is not even amongst the top 5 best stikers of this decade

Raul Gonzalez
Shevchenko
Henry
Eto'o
Ruud Van Nistelroy

Villa doesn't measure up to any of the listed strikers in their prime.

Err remove Ruud Van Nistelroy and replace with Alessandro Del Piero then your list would be cool.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Mariory(m): 1:46am On Jun 22, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Who the heck is Villa?

David Villa. Spanish, formely of Valencia but, now with Barcelona.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 2:11am On Jun 22, 2010
Jalether and Mariory dont be ridiculous.

How can you bring Villa a 25yr old into comparison with players in their mid 30's that means they are like 10yrs older than him

Those those players you listed except Etoo all were finished by 2005 and preparing for retirement when Villa was just starting at 2006
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by davidif: 4:28am On Jun 22, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Who the heck is Villa?

THIS IS WHY I SAY WOMEN SHOULD STICK TO AFFAIRS OF THE KITCHEN AND LEAVE FOOTBALL TO THE MEN.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 22, 2010
davidif:

THIS IS WHY I SAY WOMEN SHOULD STICK TO AFFAIRS OF THE KITCHEN AND LEAVE FOOTBALL TO THE MEN.
Ruhbbeach
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by bawomolo(m): 4:55am On Jun 22, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Who the heck is Villa?

u like to be ridiculed? dont u?
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by CarlosVent(m): 4:56am On Jun 22, 2010
spain are geting themselves back bt dey need to beat chile to qualify cos Switzerland must ensure dat dey beat honduras.

dis wil be another Armageddon war
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by mbulela: 5:06am On Jun 22, 2010
Vicente Del Bosque saw plenty of room for improvement from his Spain side as they gained their first World Cup points with a 2-0 win over Honduras.

David Villa scored a goal in each half and missed a penalty in the second period as the European champions recovered from a 1-0 defeat to Switzerland in their opening Group H match.

Del Bosque welcomed the points but did not believe his side were anywhere near their best.

"We certainly paved the way for the third group match against Chile, but this.hasn't been a great match, we had glorious opportunities, many opportunities, we should have won the game by more goals so I'm not entirely satisfied," he said.

Villa struck the crossbar early on before putting Spain in front in the 17th minute as he cut in from the left, beating three men and firing an unstoppable shot past Honduras goalkeeper Noel Valladares.

His second owed much to good movement when he dropped to the edge of the area as Jesus Navas raced down the right, and when the cutback came he was well placed to drill in a second with the aid of a deflection off Osman Chavez.

Del Bosque was impressed with how Honduras had approached the match and said: "They were daring, not terribly defensive, although we did expect that after the match against Chile. They have come right up to our goal. I know this team very well, they have great players like Wilson Palacios, Amado Guevara, Valladares - the spine of this team is very good.

Fernando Torres, who started for the first time in the finals, also drew words of praise from his coach.

"Fernando is a great player, he really knows how to play on the limits of offside. He has just recovered from an injury but he looks on top form physically. Let's hope in the next match he can do some more sterling work for our side,"
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 5:24am On Jun 22, 2010
All night long, I listened the SuperSport crew of analysts speak as if Spain are already thru to the next round & it appears to be the perception unconsciously adopted by most of the WC public is that Spain will beat Chile. . . . .
Personally, I don't think the Spanish will qualify from this group - I'm putting my smart money on Hitzfeld's Swiss side to beat Honduras; Spain v Chile might well end in a draw. We'll see, but am ready to stick my neck out that its curtains for Spain!
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by AjanleKoko: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2010
Spain were excellent, except they should have ended the match in 20 minutes.
Too many spurned chances.
Against Chile and Bielsa, they may meet their doom. The problem with the Spanish national side is, they are not iron, but plastic.
They had better find a way to motivate themselves enough to win on Friday. If they can't win on Friday, they don't deserve to go through.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Koolstan(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2010
Its likely Spain will finish second to play Brazil. I can't wait to see the samba boys get down with la furoja, though it would have been better in the lateq stages of the competition.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by obinna5000(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2010
The Spanish guys missed a lot of chances in the match. I wasn't too impressed with them.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Olaolufred(m): 11:10am On Jun 22, 2010
I decided to support Spain in W/C. because of their style of footy which i enjoy more than any other.
But, I want them to know that the game of footy has gone beyond passing ball into the opposing net.
A good team must be able to score goals. Particularly through shootings from or outside 18 Yard Box.
Spain wastes soo many chances than any other team in this tourney.
I was a bit still dissapointed despite their 3 points over Honduras.
They may still be out of second round. because their destiny is not 100% in their own hands.
Torres is not fully fit, and their star studded teams seems to be full of players who are selfish.
Who believes in trying to score themselve even when another player is in better position.
Spain should stop living below par in every W/C.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by sayso: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2010
not too good for tournament favourites
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by AjanleKoko: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2010
Well, let's see what they do with Chile. I suspect they will go through.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by Mariory(m): 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Jalether and Mariory dont be ridiculous.

How can you bring Villa a 25yr old into comparison with players in their mid 30's that means they are like 10yrs older than him

Those those players you listed except Etoo all were finished by 2005 and preparing for retirement when Villa was just starting at 2006

I'm not comparing Villa to anyone. I just thought his list wasn't accurate in my opinion. And D. Villa is 28 not 25.
Re: Spain Vs Honduras Live (2 - 0) On 21st June 2010 by mamagee3(f): 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2010
davidif:

Do you mind if I state that you might just be a sexist? undecided

bawomolo:

u like to be ridiculed? dont u?
Nah!

I love ridiculing clowns like you. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Mikel Score's A Goal This Season What Would You Do / Machester City Vs Chelsea 4pm today / Baltimore Ravens Win 2013 Super Bowl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.