Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating (2627 Views)

Poll: Rate the world cup Referees' performances so far:

Above Average: 0% (0 votes)
Average: 50% (2 votes)
Below Average: 50% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup / Africa World Cup Qualifying Format: Is It Right? / What Was Your South Africa World Cup Best And Worst Moment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by sholasys: 8:34am On Jun 21, 2010
I have observed that there are many flaws and errors committed by the Referees officiating the matches in this South African world cup. Some undeserved red/yellow card have been branded to players.

Look at the issue of Cahill, Yesterday Cote D'Ivoire. deserve a penalty kick and so many others that don't come to my mind now.  Guys, what is your feel?  This is my opinion o.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by geniuscity: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2010
SCARRY[size=8pt][/size]
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by sayso: 11:22am On Jun 21, 2010
human error make football what it is today.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Acidosis(m): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2010
That's why they call it football, mistakes are bound to happen as long as it's not officiated by robots.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by rickie4us(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2010
Acidosis:

That's why they call it football, mistakes are bound to happen as long as it's not officiated by robots.

Who programs the robots? is it not human beings?
I think they should adopt a new approach like a replay being watched before the referee makes a crucial decision
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Kgdavid(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2010
its been dreadful. apart from the inconsistencies in their decision making, has anyone else notice how poor the positioning of referees is? they are constantly getting into the wrong spaces, choking up room meant for passes, and blocking off players sometimes.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Tweety121(f): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kaka should NOT have been sent off in the Brazil v Ivory Coast game. That Keita that fell down holding his face as if he had been shot when Kaka only lightly elbowed him in the chest should be banned from the last match, and afterwards begin a career in Hollywood. Eeedeeiot.

And the referee didn't even see the event before he was so quick to hand out a red card, I hope he feels foolish when he sees the replay and should apologise for ruining the first game at the world cup that I was actually enjoying watching. Nonsense.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by truly: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2010
Tweety121:

Kaka should NOT have been sent off in the Brazil v Ivory Coast game. That Keita that fell down holding his face as if he had been shot when Kaka only lightly elbowed him in the chest should be banned from the last match, and afterwards begin a career in Hollywood. Eeedeeiot.

And the referee didn't even see the event before he was so quick to hand out a red card, I hope he feels foolish when he sees the replay and should apologise for ruining the first game at the world cup that I was actually enjoying watching. Nonsense.
Then we should all apologise to Kaita
who got sent off for one incident and he immediately showed remorse
As I see it, Kaka got sent off based on TWO yellow cards
And did he he show any remorse?
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Tweety121(f): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2010
truly:

Then we should all apologise to Kaita
who got sent off for one incident and he immediately showed remorse
As I see it, Kaka got sent off based on TWO yellow cards
And did he he show any remorse?

So if Kaka had shown remorse he will look better in your eyes? The guy was probably shocked at the decision and could only smile, same as when one guy scored an own goal and was there smiling in shock. Nigeria's Kaita put his shirt over his head because he realised his stupidity and felt like a fool, Kaka walked off almost smiling because he couldn't believe the decision. But who cares how they react? The issue here is wrongful dissmisal not their yeye reaction afterwards.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Emperoh(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2010
The goal against Nigeria. . . . The USA goal that was disallowed!
Kaka shouldn't have been sent off. . . . Fabiano's handball leading to the 2nd goal!!
The Penalty to Italy yesterday was way way way way too soft!!

When will these dude introduce technology in footie?
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2010
Fabiano's handball leading to the 2nd goal!!

in the reply the referee went to meet him and tell him is hand ball and the ref was smiling
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
ActiveMan:

Fabiano's handball leading to the 2nd goal!!

in the reply the referee went to meet him and tell him is hand ball and the ref was smiling

that referee should be castrated
i dunno why my grand-mum quit refereeing, even in her 80s she can do better than these lot
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Youngichou(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2010
Am not pleased with it either especially after yesterday's match
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by PurestBoy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
Referees are human like us and they are not perfect. There is no single ref in the history of football who has not been blamed for one error or the order.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by afiamanu(f): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2010
I must say I do not like the way most of these referees are handling these matches. Of course referees are prone to make errors in judgment but the errors most of these referees are making are game changing goals - like khunes red card, the usa goal being disallowed and brazil's handball etc.- and not simple mistakes like a foul or free kick or something like that. As football fans watching the game it kind of just ruins the entire game for you when you see these useless stupid calls being made!
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by davidif: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
afiamanu:

I must say I do not like the way most of these referees are handling these matches. Of course referees are prone to make errors in judgment but the errors most of these referees are making are game changing goals - like khunes red card, the usa goal being disallowed and brazil's handball etc.- and not simple mistakes like a foul or free kick or something like that. As football fans watching the game it kind of just ruins the entire game for you when you see these useless silly calls being made!

There was nothing wrong with Khune's red card, it was well deserved, don't be fooled by his reaction.

poster,
Of course there are always going to be errors, that's part of being human. The officiating in the first round of games especially the first couple of days were absolutely incredible but as the games wore on, mistakes started being made.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by tblacker(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2010
There are lot of irregularity in the officiating. But come to think of it,the game get more popularity each day,would it gain more of that if technology is introduced. In my opinion, i'd say let the game continue like that after all anybody can be a victim and at the same time be in favor.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by bawomolo(m): 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
how exactly would instant replay hurt the popularity of the game?
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by comechop(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
They have been beyond abysmal. 90% of the red cards have been uncalled for - it seems like they're going on power trips or something. Its ridiculous. So far there have just been 3 or 4 excellent refs in the entire game so far. That is poor.

Edit: Berami just sent off now for nothing - these refs are useless.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by soarrogant(m): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
Any referee who has not cashed in enough for retirement during this world-cup is certainly behind the times! this is just hilarious, it is fete', I wasted my time studying difficult things in class,I should have been a referee!
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by mamagee3(f): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2010

Duh!

They are called mistakes, that's why the referees are human beings. . .

But the mistakes that hurt more are those that cost the opposing team their victory.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by eros(m): 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2010
The worst officiating ever in any football event. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by marutimon: 7:36pm On Jun 21, 2010
Yesterday's handgoal was not an accident. At best it was the ref giving Brasil the benefit of the doubt because they are Brasil. At worst it was a corrupt decision.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by uchenageme(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
marutimon:

Yesterday's handgoal was not an accident. At best it was the ref giving Brasil the benefit of the doubt because they are Brasil. At worst it was a corrupt decision.

I think there is a conspiracy to favour some teams afterall what was the referee discussing wit Fabiano yesterday after allowing the handball gaol. I saw somthing like;

Referee: I saw u handle the ball but I just let it go

Fabiano: Wow! thanks bro
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by canuck(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
One word: Archaic
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by canuck(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
uchenageme:

I think there is a conspiracy to favour some teams afterall what was the referee discussing wit Fabiano yesterday after allowing the handball gaol. I saw somthing like;

As an 'expert' lip-reader and a proficient body-language 'professional' (trained by CSI Miami, Lie to Me and Law & Order), I can confirm the above conversation as authentic. Sad, yes, but authentic!  cheesy
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by kobikwelu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2010
totally horrendous angry angry angry angry angry

poor positioning, trigger happy refs
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 22, 2010
AFRICAN TEAMS have been repeatedly shafted by corrupt, compromised FIFA refs in this tournament.

Argentina's ''goal'' against Nigeria involved a clear foul. Argie player pulled and held Obasi who tried to block the scorer.

Australia's ''goal'' against Ghana involved an exact replica of the foul in the Nigeria v Argie game.

Brazil's 2nd goal against the Ivory Coast, in which Fabiano handled the ball TWICE before scoring. The referee saw the incident, but allowed the goal to stand, after joking and laughing with the Brazilian cheat.

African nations should BOYCOTT the so called ''world'' cup until FIFA establishes Instant Video Replay to protect the African teams from their corrupt, racist, compromised ''arrangee'' matches and criminals masquerading as referees.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by Krayola(m): 5:23am On Jun 22, 2010
These refs are kaitaing the whole world cup. Shame on them all!!
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by mystikal(m): 7:06am On Jun 22, 2010
The officiating though hasn't been the best, is not terrible jor. We've seen worse.
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by praxx(m): 9:54am On Jun 22, 2010
ROSSIKE:

AFRICAN TEAMS have been repeatedly shafted by corrupt, compromised FIFA refs in this tournament.

Argentina's ''goal'' against Nigeria involved a clear foul. Argie player pulled and held Obasi who tried to block the scorer.

Australia's ''goal'' against Ghana involved an exact replica of the foul in the Nigeria v Argie game.

Brazil's 2nd goal against the Ivory Coast, in which Fabiano handled the ball TWICE before scoring. The referee saw the incident, but allowed the goal to stand, after joking and laughing with the Brazilian cheat.

African nations should BOYCOTT the so called ''world'' cup until FIFA establishes Instant Video Replay to protect the African teams from their corrupt, racist, compromised ''arrangee'' matches and criminals masquerading as referees.

what about the usa goal that was disallowed by a malian referee?
Re: South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating by favouredjb(f): 9:57am On Jun 22, 2010
uchenageme:

my guy u try grin grin

@post,they are humans right,but the mistakes are getting too much,its as if some mistakes are even deliberate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogbemudia Stadium Gets New Turf! Good One For Insurance Of Benin / Photos- Asamoah Gyan’s $3m “la Basilica De Baby Jet” Mansion / Week 35: Matches That Cannot Draw! 11/03/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.