Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style (32382 Views)

List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy / List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / Thousands Of Cars Including Rolls-Royce & Lambo Rot In Supercar Graveyard In UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Automotive1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
What are the types of the cars available on the market?
From the elegant and comfortable Sedans to the off-roading abilities of the SUVs ,this compilation of cars according to their usages and body-style will help you in choosing your next ride .

1) SUVs

Sports utility vehicle (wrongly called a Jeep in Nigeria) is normal car built on a body-on-frame chassis.They have increased ground clearance and off-roading capabilities.
Examples of off-roader SUVs
includes Land Rover Discovery Sport and Jeep Wrangler JL

Examples of soft-roader SUVs includes Honda CR-V

2) Crossover

This car type has an SUV and a hatchback characteristics but with limited off-road capabilities.Unlike suvs that has body-on-frame platform,a Crossover use a unibody construction just like a sedan.
Popular crossovers include Toyota RAV4

3) Sport car

Sports car is a light weight 2-door car with a powerful drivetrain for enhanced performance and sharp steering for great handling.
They are further divided into a Grand tourer and a Supercar
Typical examples are the
Bugatti Chiron and Lamborghini Huracán

4) Convertible

A Convertible a.k.a. a cabriolet is a 2 to 4 doors passenger car that can be driven with or without a roof in place. It has either a retractable hardtop roof or soft folding top to allow open air driving experience.
Examples includes Mercedes-AMG SLC 43, Audi A3 Cabriolet

5) Landaulet or Landaulette

A landaulet is a car body style where the rear passengers are covered by a convertible top. In a limousine, the driver is separated from the rear passengers with a partition.

6) Limousine

A car body type with a partition and a lengthened wheelbase .They are mostly luxurious and driven by a chauffeur.

7) Roadster

A roadster a.k.a spider or spyder is a 2-seat convertible or topless (without a weather protection like top or side glass) sport car.
Examples includes Lamborghini Huracán Performante Spyder and Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Roadster

cool Multi Purpise Vehicle

A multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) or minivan(US) has two or three rows of seating and large doors. The third row seats can be reconfigured while the rear doors have sliding capabilities.
Typical examples are Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna  

9) Saloon

Also known as sedan ,it is the most popular body type and comes with 4 doors,a bonnet and a boot for luggages. They are classified as mid-size, full size, executive, luxury and sports sedans.
Example is the Toyota Camry

10) Pickup

This type of body-style known as Pickup in Nigeria and a truck in US has 2 to 4 doors and an open or closed cargo space at the back.It also has a towing and off-road driving capabilities.
Toyota Hilux and Tacoma are common examples

11) Stationwagon

Also known as shooting brake, estate or wagon, a Stationwagon is basically an extended hatchback with a larger cargo space. They have one or more rows of folding or removable seats behind the driver .

Example includes the iconic peugeot 504 station wagon and Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate

12) Hatchback

is a small car with a hatch-type rear door that opens upwards.It has a smaller cargo area when compared to a station wagon.
Typical examples are Volkswagen Golf and Peugeot 308

13) Coupe

Coupe is a two-door and 2-seater or 4-seater car with limited space at the background seat.
Examples are Honda Civic Coupe and Audi TTS Coupe

Which is your favourite body-style and why?

https://autojosh.com/types-of-cars-according-to-their-body-style/

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by vertueptime: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
Open body
Cricket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by nadalion: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Really hilarious...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by buygala(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by buygala(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
I just booked space before realising I have nothing to say sad

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by NigerianBae: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
SUV for me cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by ct2: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
good
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by dustar: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
Just gimme an SUV please...i want de intimidate area boys cool

1 Like

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by HoodBillionaire: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
suv with sedan ok
coupe .e go cast
ppl will af to keep gettin down for u to psss through cos na 2door like say na bus wit conductor.. 5junc b4 crossing.abeg i wan come down o
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Teeboi56: 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nice car
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by uuzba(m): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
Seen!
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Suko110(m): 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
My favourite
Provided it runs fine, is efficient and has style . Any one will do . But my love for that jeep in d 2nd pic is ... any time i see d jeep i dey be like ....

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Blackfire(m): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
I can't see my choice there...
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Mayor555(m): 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
And what category of body type does Venza, crosstour, matrix and the likes, belong to among the mentioned body types?

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
I still don’t get the difference between 1 and 2
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by lx3as(m): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
C-rv and Rav4 are in the same group, Crossovers; under SUV.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Jenomtwist(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Coupe.skrrt skrrt
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Naijacost22: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hatchback and station-wagon are the same thing bro.
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Octaves(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
@autojosh. what about classification based on size i.e city car, subcompact cars, compact cars, midsized cars and full sized cars
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Octaves(m): 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Naijacost22:
the difference between them is very clear

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Bjornson01(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
Naijacost22:
nope

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by KingRabota: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
I thought Sienna a Odyssey were minivans?
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by mezarddinny: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
na dead body we dey use station wagon carry for naija
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by obafemee80(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
KingRabota:
I thought Sienna a Odyssey were minivans?
Yes,they are called Minivans or MVP grin
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by 22General(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Miroslavklose: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
SUV is what Nigerians call Jeep, forgetting Jeep is the name of a car manufacturer.

Its like calling a Toyota saloon car GM, whereas GM is also a car manufacturer

1 Like

Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by Jaymaestro(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
Saved for Ref.
Re: Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style by ikorodureporta: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ok....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Badge Acronyms You Probably Never Knew The Meaning Of / 25 Cool Bikers Pictures Taken In Nigeria By 09bikersmc / Dangote Truck That Fell Along The Lekki-Epe Expressway (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.