Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Stiff Steering - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stiff Steering (1697 Views)

Stiff Steering Of Sienna 05 / Lexus GS350 Stiff Steering Wheel / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stiff Steering by cmoney22222: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
My Power steering for Camry 2009 muscle now requires lite force to round or its partially stiff , like it isnt sharp like normal. Pls what can be the possible solution to fix this. Can this be a faulty power steering pump? There isnt any leak and the steering oil is at MAX.This started 2 days ago.

Cc: gazzuz
CC: Honomusa
cc:radautoworks
CC;autologic
CC: kingreign
CC:ZIMDRILL
CC:mayor2013
CC: Readonee35L
Re: Stiff Steering by ironheart(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Whats your rpm at idle? Does it get soft when you rev the car? Do you hear any whining noise?
Re: Stiff Steering by radautoworks: 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
cmoney22222:
My Power steering for Camry 2009 muscle now requires lite force to round or its partially stiff , like it isnt sharp like normal. Pls what can be the possible solution to fix this. Can this be a faulty power steering pump? There isnt any leak and the steering oil is at MAX.This started 2 days ago.

CC;autologic

8 out of 10 times, the power steering pump is the problem. Sometimes rack and pinion but power steering usually goes first. Did anyone recently top off and possibly put wrong fluid.
Re: Stiff Steering by cmoney22222: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
fliud is still intact

radautoworks:

8 out of 10 times, the power steering pump is the problem. Sometimes rack and pinion but power steering usually goes first. Did anyone recently top off and possibly put wrong fluid.

Re: Stiff Steering by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
cmoney22222:

CC;autologic

such a problem needs physical inspection than to diagnose the problem over the internet

i once had renault that had problem with power steering, i changed the pump and no joy then by luck we managed to find the problem it was the steering grommet cover that would turn along with steering therefore it would became stiff when it reached the last twist turn of the grommet

1 Like

Re: Stiff Steering by sultaan(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2018
Who worked on it in the last 2 weeks and what did they do. If your car has electric steering find the location of fuse/ relay online or manual and check if it is intact.

Someone worked on your car and hooked you up. In case your car still uses belt, start the car open the bonnet and have someone turn the steering all the way to the right slowly then left , listen in case belt is slipping or missing. YouTube is your friend

1 Like

Re: Stiff Steering by radautoworks: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
Agree with taking it in for actual diagnostic. Best guess from what I heard is the pump but needs verification.

If it is the pump, do not pay more than:
Cardone reman power steering pump N72,635 1 year warranty
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PSC&partNumber=21-5498

Labor 1.8 hours= N9,000

Remember to also change the inline filter and use OE fluid to flush the system.

1 Like

Re: Stiff Steering by cmoney22222: 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
thanks sir will check this as instructed.
sultaan:
Who worked on it in the last 2 weeks and what did they do. If your car has electric steering find the location of fuse/ relay online or manual and check if it is intact.

Someone worked on your car and hooked you up. In case your car still uses belt, start the car open the bonnet and have someone turn the steering all the way to the right slowly then left , listen in case belt is slipping or missing. YouTube is your friend

Re: Stiff Steering by cmoney22222: 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
following
Re: Stiff Steering by skywalker240(m): 6:20am On Jul 23, 2022
radautoworks:

please sir how much will it take me to change the steering pump of my 2001 honda civic am at benin city

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Vs Lexus / Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? / Cost Of Clearing Camry 2007 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.