Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually (78586 Views)

How To Know What Works For You When Learning Programming / 13 Years Old Tanmay Bakshi World's Youngest IBM Watson Programmer In AI / [updated] Kpntunnel VPN Works For MTN Mpulse Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Quadrillionaire(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
That is a teenager with a giant's mind...

They say skills and talents are learned, but genius is born...

However i say "Genius is bred..."

Hardwork is the bedrock of genius... simple truth !

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2018
angry

when I saw this post, I just knew the boy wouldn't be a Nigerian ..
I no understand Nigerians
Wetin we dey use head do sef
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by RevenGeMission: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
Eleyii Deep gaan !!!

Same here, It was kerosene in old 7Up bottle

There's stories to tell when we eventually make it , So we Will MAKE IT
HungerBAD:
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) at Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in families,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

At 13 my only dream was to have a bicycle,and some pocket money for Asaro(Porridge) in school. This N450 Million would have helped me a lot.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by luckyogor(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
cool,naija boys say na scam dem wan do with their talent.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by iswallker(m): 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2018
lonelydora:
Wow, 14?

At 14, i was still rolling tyres with sticks on the streets of Enugu. At 14, i was still chasing lizards on the fence with catapult. At 14, i was still going to wait for one Ngozi (a girl i was infatuated with) under a mango tree near our school. At 14, i was still jumping Papa Ugo's 404 pickup back from school. At 14, i was still acting 'police and thieves' film with toy gun with other children in the compound.

He even earn more than StanbicIBTC CEO.

Life is not fair shaa!

Let me look for him on Instagram shaa

How can u be rolling tyre at 14 when ure in ss1..

U must be slow..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by showafrica(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
yusufu16:
Mod: Please do the needful. Lets encourage our Nigerian kids too

Encourage the kids wey dey bet9ja shop or do we now have another kids
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by 21Bandit: 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
At 14 i have already disvirgin two girls
Had sex countless times
Wrote my first four songs
Always wanted to go to MIT
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
Op am waiting to see my His nigerian age mates..
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Volcano12(f): 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:

True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.
Buhari why why why?
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by PrettyMae1: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Tanmay is not working for Google rather he is partnering with IBM Waston, according to CNBM 'he is technically not Working because he is not being paid. He also said something similiar on His facebook page that He is not working for Google... Get Your Fact Right
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by monerozi5590: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
lonelydora:
Wow, 14?

At 14, i was still rolling tyres with sticks on the streets of Enugu. At 14, i was still chasing lizards on the fence with catapult. At 14, i was still going to wait for one Ngozi (a girl i was infatuated with) under a mango tree near our school. At 14, i was still jumping Papa Ugo's 404 pickup back from school. At 14, i was still acting 'police and thieves' film with toy gun with other children in the compound.

He even earn more than StanbicIBTC CEO.

Life is not fair shaa!

Let me look for him on Instagram shaa

Lol
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Evince(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
the ones that mothers and teachers only teach how to pray?
yusufu16:
Mod: Please do the needful. Lets encourage our Nigerian kids too
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by afroxyz: 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
sparkle6:

What? Indian tech can never be compared to niaja o. those guys have high standard in education. They focus more on math for comp. scientist. India has one of the best programmers o.

Of course I agree. But India also has a high piverty rate and many of it's cistuzens praying at visa temples to emigrate to the west
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Kellyrichp: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
At 13, 450m?

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Smartjob1(f): 1:11am On Aug 12, 2018
Hahahahaha
sparkle6:
Men! and am 17 and cant even get my inventory management system up and runing. Damn! this baby programmer just gave me the competition of a lifetime. Where is that stupid laptop? This thing is too much. No! i don vex.
NEPA will be like.. what is wrong with this one? Come code make i see u. lol.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by laitsy: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2018
That is commendable boy!
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Ugosample(m): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
HungerBAD:
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) at Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in families,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

At 13 my only dream was to have a bicycle,and some pocket money for Asaro(Porridge) in school. This N450 Million would have helped me a lot.

sorry bro
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by KenModi(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2018
Humchi:

that is it.

I think as time goes on, our mentality will evolve.

Alot of people has seen things clearly now. And next generation will exprience a little privilege.

I honestly pray you are right.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2018
Look people will say I'm jealous but lets look at things reasonably

450mil naira translates to 1.2mil dollars

A senior software engineer at IBM earns about $160k(you can Google it) so its highly improbable for them to be paying someone who although is very talented and has a bright future that type money.

Its 10X the pay of an average senior dev there
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Moukandjo: 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
vedaxcool:
grin Yet some nairalanders have vowed that they will become wealthy by collecting N30 per post from Corrupt PDP politicians, please have a rethink.
I swear, you funny die! grin
I guess you already know why you won't have much likes! How dare you insult the party of the many IPIGs here? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by mechanics(m): 5:08am On Aug 14, 2018
Babyforever:
That's a huge amount of money......please someone help me with his contact.....His aunty wants to tell him something kiss
hmmmmm.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by vedaxcool(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2018
Moukandjo:

I swear, you funny die! grin
I guess you already know why you won't have much likes! How dare you insult the party of the many IPIGs here? grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Babyforever(f): 8:20am On Aug 14, 2018
mechanics:
hmmmmm.
Are you the boy
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by mechanics(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
Babyforever:
Are you the boy
hahahahaha, so you want to claim a nephew sharp sharp abi?
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Babyforever(f): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
mechanics:
hahahahaha, so you want to claim a nephew sharp sharp abi?
What can a young girl do cool
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by mechanics(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
Babyforever:
What can a young girl do cool
hmmmm, alot.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Babyforever(f): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
mechanics:
hmmmm, alot.
Like ?
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Ikformula: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2018
Please do your research well, he's neither working with Google not IBM and doesn't earn said amount as annual salary, yet. He only partners with IBM on AI projects and they give him all the resource he needs for that.

He's talented though, his parents too are very supportive. His father taught him how to program at 5. He had a youtube channel with at least 200k subscribers where he teaches programming.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ikformula:
Please do your research well, he's neither working with Google not IBM and doesn't earn said amount as annual salary, yet. He only partners with IBM on AI projects and they give him all the resource he needs for that.

He's talented though, his parents too are very supportive. His father taught him how to program at 5. He had a youtube channel with at least 200k subscribers where he teaches programming.
Exactly what I was trying to say!
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Glink2018(m): 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
seguno2:

If you are DOING nothing to fix the problem you are just as weird.
Running to another person’s country where he and his parents have developed will only make you an inferior second class citizen.
Why would someone who is not weird want to do that
Life is a mata of choice. As you lay your bed you lie on it.
Chief awolowo, mko, and the likes spent their money, time, intelligent, wisdom, and energy to trying to fix the country , how do the country pay them. Talkless of you that you that are not in the radar at all.
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Vsammi1: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2020
Do you need any of Udacity's nanodegree videos?

Chat 0802_798_9375 on whatsApp to get it for a token.

**WhatsApp only please

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by AlphaSoul: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
yusufu16:
Tanmay Bakshi, a software programming whiz who is only 14 years old. He is also among the youngest developers building applications around Watson, IBM’s artificial intelligence platform. Tanmay is now working for Google with a Salary of 1.25 Million! annually. We are keen to see what amazing thing Mr Bakshi develops over the next few years!

I must say this boy is super intelligent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXzB9VLdu8
14 as of 2018 and now 17 in
2021. Mad cool!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.