Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (802643 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 3:20pm On May 13, 2019
fairheart:
Ah! What happened?
They said he provided a fake bank statement, but that's in accurate. His bank statement his real, his personal Dad bank statement. How can he appeal this or prove to them? It's obvious they made a mistake about his application. What can be done pls anybody?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2019
You wrote about this same case in April or so. Is this still the same student or another person? Or this happened to you? I am just wondering. Let us understand what happened, and we may be able to recommend next step to take.
Gent009:
Hi guys a friend received this refusal this at Abuja embassy. Does it me he has been banned?

It's says 212(a)(6)(c)(i) - for fraud or misinterpretation of a material fact

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Austinbani(m): 3:23pm On May 13, 2019
Thank you.

Austinbani:
Pls does that mean aside the $220 for ECA i will pay $85 for courier delivery? I thought they were meant to send to IRCC and then send me a soft copy?
Pls your response will be highly appreciated.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:23pm On May 13, 2019
In this case, tell him to reapply and see. Time2Win just shared someone's experience similar to this same case you presented here. He should reapply. Maybe miracle can happen for him too.
Gent009:

They said he provided a fake bank statement, but that's in accurate. His bank statement his real, his personal Dad bank statement. How can he appeal this or prove to them? It's obvious they made a mistake about his application. What can be done pls anybody?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 3:35pm On May 13, 2019
fairheart:
You wrote about this same case in April or so. Is this still the same student or another person? Or this happened to you? I am just wondering. Let us understand what happened, and we may be able to recommend next step to take.

Not me am already in the US. It happened to the same student. He was approved last month pending verification of his bank statement, but he was later denied. He went for his interview again this morning and after explaining to them that he has already been approved last month that he had no idea for his denial again.

Then new VO then crosscheckd his application and said he provided a fake bank statement and she can't approve him, that had his bank statement is real he would have gotten the visa. So she handed over the note I sent here

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2019
Oh! Can you have her talk with me ? I would like to see the pages of the statement if you don't mind. And like I suggested last month, I hope there was no large deposit of funds in the acct towards this visa? This could also be taken as misrepresentation. Honestly, nobody can say exactly what those in charge of the SOA verification saw or used as basis for the ban. But a normal review could tell.
Gent009:

Not me am already in the US. It happened to the same student. He was approved last month pending verification of his bank statement, but he was later denied. He went for his interview again this morning and after explaining to them that he has already been approved last month that he had no idea for his denial again.

Then new VO then crosscheckd his application and said he provided a fake bank statement and she can't approve him, that had his bank statement is real he would have gotten the visa. So she handed over the note I sent here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 3:48pm On May 13, 2019
fairheart:
Oh! Can you have her talk with me ? I would like to see the pages of the statement if you don't mind. And like I suggested last month, I hope there was no large deposit of funds in the acct towards this visa? This could also be taken as misrepresentation. Honestly, nobody can say exactly what those in charge of the SOA verification saw or used as basis for the ban. But a normal review could tell.
OK I have texted my number to ur email address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:54pm On May 13, 2019
How did you get my email? smiley
Gent009:

OK I have texted my number to ur email address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 4:01pm On May 13, 2019
fairheart:
How did you get my email? smiley
LOL ur profile

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2019
Old email address, but I got your message anyway. Check for my response.
Gent009:

LOL ur profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kinibd(m): 4:17pm On May 13, 2019
afeezzezo:

Thanks bruh.
So you are done with wes evaluation?

Yessur!!! Already got my visa approved i posted my transcript on this thread a while ago.

Congratulations to all the others who got approved recently, Good luck to those prepping for their interview soon.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2019
Visifisimisi, this is the essay topic!

Write a 1000-words essay outlining why you want to study your first degree in the US, and how this education will equip you to achieve your career goals.
NOTE: The essay should discuss your career goals, the program you want to study, why that program, and how you have been preparing yourself for higher education in the US. This is to say you may want to say some things about your background. You are a student, so, figure it out! Submit the essay by 7pm 14th of May, 2019.

Also, this essay will help us assess your credibility and enable us to see if you can take on SAT and perform excellent well enough to secure full scholarship. Should you copy anything from the internet, I will know (I repeat, I will know!) and this will jeopardize your chance. This is why I craft a topic that is personal to you and not subject-based. That you write the essay does not mean you will automatically earn whatever I or others can assist you with. In fact, you are required to post the essay on the thread so that those who may want to assist you can assess it.

Good luck.
LagosismyHome; Fairheart

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2019
Gent009:

Another human error undecided These people are playing with people's future. That's why it's good to get funding from school so as to overcome all this Statement of Account wahala. He should reapply and present his case. Also let them know that the statement of account is genuine. Some incompetent workers in the bank can say a statement is not genuine and embassy will take it up. Not always an embassy thing though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2019
My visa was denied this morning at Lagos and funny enough much wasn’t asked as the guy was just issuing everyone a yellow paper which I got one too stating I have no ties, below is my transcript kindly help review and look deep as I plan paying another visa fees on Monday.
Vo : good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: what course?
Me: computer engineering at the University of Idaho.
Vo: have you traveled before?
Me: No, I’ve never had the course to
Vo: are you married?
Me: NO
Vo: you’ve got kids?
Me: No
Vo: who’s sponsoring you?
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he’s a chartered accountant and the CEO of bla bla bla
Then hands the yellow paper saying you can reapply.
texrem:

shoot!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:22pm On May 13, 2019
Wht is the total cost of the program? Any scholarship? Level of program? How old are you?
Adekunmi28:
My visa was denied this morning at Lagos and funny enough much wasn’t asked as the guy was just issuing everyone a yellow paper which I got one too stating I have no ties, below is my transcript kindly help review and look deep as I plan paying another visa fees on Monday.
Vo : good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: what course?
Me: computer engineering at the University of Idaho.
Vo: have you traveled before?
Me: No, I’ve never had the course to
Vo: are you married?
Me: NO
Vo: you’ve got kids?
Me: No
Vo: who’s sponsoring you?
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he’s a chartered accountant and the CEO of bla bla bla
Then hands the yellow paper saying you can reapply.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 5:37pm On May 13, 2019
The total cost was $39,286 no scholarships, level of program undergraduate and I’m 25years
fairheart:
Wht is the total cost of the program? Any scholarship? Level of program? How old are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deyemzy(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2019
Apt.

Thanks for this Boss!!!

fairheart:
SUCCESSFUL VISA INTERVIEW NUGGET TWO

If you complain that this is too long for you to read, I'm afraid to say you're not a student grin grin

HERE WE GO! First, I want you to understand I am sharing whatever you read here from personal experience as Study-abroad Consultant and as someone who has many students in my circle. Just take what you know is helpful and leave the rest. I'm going to use many words to explain few things. That is the trick of world's education system! smiley

NOTE that the US embassy wants you to come for interview because they want to see and hear you first before they know you’re eligible for the category of visa you’re seeking. If not, there would be no need for interview. So, in this sense, you are required to prepare to be well seen and heard well.

Your next homework in preparing yourself for a successful F1 visa interview is to be psychologically calm—so that you can be seen (as genuine) and heard by the VO. Effectiveness begins in the mind, not from the documents, or the people you know. You must tackle fear, anxiety, and self-doubt rooted in lack of confidence in your own abilities. If you have never had any major interview or breakthrough a very difficult professional goal in your life, you could be a victim of fear and tension. I remember how I used to avoid eyes contact when I needed to talk to people. But now, a man that's not afraid will look you in the eyes, smiling and able to express exactly what he wants to say. So, the goal is to stand in front of the VO and remain psychologically calm as possible. To achieve this state of mind, especially if you are afraid of your upcoming interview, you may need the following:

ONE: YOU NEED AN INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT.
Get that ready as soon as you can. List all the generic questions you know the VO usually ask during F1 interview. Take each question at a time. What do you think would be ideal to say to a question like, "How did you hear about this school?" Write the response down. It should be moderate, simple and unique according to your academic and career goals. No story! If you find it hard coming up with a fine response, seek for help.

TWO: HAVE YOUR TRANSCRIPT IN YOUR HIPPOCAMPUS
I saw a transcript here last week in which the applicant quoted the VO as saying he did not need to have a prepared transcript for the interview (and visa was granted). How ignorant of the VO! The fact that he/she is a VO does not mean they have absolute understanding of how interview is conducted. Ask the VO if he/she did not prepare for the interview that got him/her the consular job? One of the things that portray a student as “not genuine” in front of a VO is inability to talk well during the interview. Believe me, this is one of the strongest reasons most F1 visas have been refused. The fundamental reason for interview is to check on the student whether he’s genuine or just taking advantage of the F1 visa category to migrate and “Japa” as some persons here would say.

So, how did you pass the exams that got you the first class, or second class upper or lower on your certificate? Because you studied your textbook, of course! Because you studied it and became familiar with the information, you kill the questions related to what you have studied on examination day. Even Presidents of nations prepare transcript for interviews, because they know they could mess up if such is lacking. There is no man that can speak and express himself effectively (especially when tense or under pressure) except the information has been well-stored and familiar with. There are not so many students who have trained their mind to be creative with words and expression when under pressure. Most of us shut down temporary and unable to say what we really desire to say or should say when under pressure and afraid.

So, for a student going for a major interview in a decade, except you really know what to say, you may not be able to say it. You should know what to say. You should know what you want to say based on your unique case ahead of the interview and that is why you need prepared yourself a transcript for the interview. Know it! Review it! Ask yourself questions and answer them about it. If I tell you that you will not be afraid upon citing the consular at the embassy, I may be wrong. Fear and doubt are a part of our existence as human being, and it is okay. Your duty as a student going to get the F1 visa is to rise above them and say what you should say to earn an approval.

I remember a time in 2016. As an advocate for youth education and our role in shaping future society, I was invited to speak at a church with over 100 members. Due to work, I did not get to outline what I will be speaking on, though the pastor sent me a topic my sermon or talk should revolve. I wanted to go on stage without a prepared speech, but when I look at the fact that I need to quote certain bible verses, I changed my mind and prepared heading and sub-heading for the speech. I then read, revise, and read what I will be saying. When I got on stage, with all eyes on me, I greeted the audience and delivered a very motivating speech. Because I had prepared what to say—knowing that the audience is aware of the topic—everything went well. The same is necessary for the F1 visa interview.
Though things may go wrong due to certain things outside our direct control, yet, preparation against possible fear, anxiety and doubt attack attracts success.

Research shows that the hippocampus (a part of the limbic system in the brain where information and memories are retrieved) lags when your mind is under pressure and fear. Now, imagine if you've nothing stored up related to this interview and your fear of “what if I am refused” captured you? This is to say you may not be able to express yourself well; confusion! The consular may think you’re not a genuine student. Though, there is exception for students who stammer.
So, read the transcript from time to time. Get familiar with it. Does that mean cramming? You call it cramming; I call it PREPARATION FOR A MAJOR INTERVIEW—one that is a defining moment for the rest of your career and even life.

IN addition to this, have mock over and over with someone who can assess you. This is as crucial as having the transcript.

THREE: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
I have seen professionals at the top of their career who have strong self-doubt in themselves. Once you tell them to go achieve something new, they come up with all sort of excuses that, if you trace the root of these excuses, you will find them in lack of confidence. Young, old, educated and uneducated all have issue of personal faith—depends on the level of success we are trying to achieve. You need to tell yourself that if others have done it and get their visas, you can do it, and do it better. A prospective student going for his interview soon told me that this evening. That's confidence!

I broke the chain of my own self-doubt several years ago, when I started reflecting on how strong I have been in the face of difficult situations. You, too, have seen a lot. You need to remind yourself that if you could go through what you've been through, be it your undergraduate education, professional training, personal growth--or whatever, you can also handle this coming interview. Revisit the list of your progresses, academic and professional experiences and endeavours. You have had your own success here and there, although you remember your failures more. So, don't listen to any shallow voice saying you can't have a nice interview and get the visa. Even Bill gate, Warren Buffet or Jeff of Amazon have times they take care of their self-doubt too. Take care of yours too, so you can do things confidently pursue and achieve your heart desires.

You need a lot of “I can do it”; a lot of "I am going to smile in there and talk to the VO”; a lot of "this is what I want for my career, and I'm going to get it." Tell yourself all these positive stuffs to heat up the root of your self-doubt and observe them dry.

FOUR: DRESS WELL & NEAT
I do not have much to say here as "well and neat" have different meaning to each person. But I will recommend you wear something you are comfortable in. Look your best. But mind you, simplicity is the best! Don't dress to the interview like Olosho tongue shocked (smile)

FIVE: HOPE FOR THE BEST; BALANCE YOUR EXPECTATIONS
As a young person, life has taught me that it is erroneous to think everything will always go the way I want. Sometimes, we are victim of circumstances we know nothing of, and that we cannot control—even after we have done our ultimate best!

Do not see the F1 visa as do or die, except you want to experience high blood pressure. If you have done your best, allow things to happen. Exhale all the worries that “what if I am refused” may have induced. What if you’re refused? So? You reapply! What is you’re refused again? You reapply! You don't give up just like that!

But have you also thought of “what if I am one of those good number of students Fairheart saw in his dream that got their visas in 2019? Of course! Think about that too!

This is what I call balanced expectation. Sometimes, life is 50/50! But this does not mean you should follow the erred opinion that what will be will be. No, most times, things be because we make them be. You still need to do your best. Just make sure you balance your expectation. Funny enough, balanced expectation on results we expect from our endeavours induce calm state of mind and boost confidence. Try it and see how all your worries and anxiety will be lifted. This is a magic pill I have used to liberate myself from unnecessary worries and anxiety when pursuing something I badly desire.

A balanced expectation is vital as we go through life and its modus operandi. King Solomon once said there is “factor of time and chances” at the centre of events that occur to every human being in life. Some things will go wrong even when we do the right thing. Some things will go right, even when we make mistakes and mess up. Why? Time and chances! These are forces of fate. You could be refused in May and get the visa in June or July. I always quote a close friend who was refused 8 times and got it the 9th time. I still ask why and what he did wrong during those 8 appearances at the embassy. Just imagine it too!

SIX: LAY YOUR CAUSE BEFORE GOD
This is my last advice for all of you going for F1 this fall. Whether you believe in God or not, there is God. There is God o! And one of His attributes is that, He listens to genuine prayers of those who have faith in Him. I am not trying to motivate you. This is the reality. God hears prayer! So, if you are worried, pray. If you are unsure, pray. If you think you may experience hard luck, pray. If you have stubborn confidence that you will get a visa approval, pray.

A friend told me that each time he fast and pray on a particular thing he wants, door always open. He then said if fasting is not part of the prayer for the request, he hardly see the result. We both laughed. I almost took him for a prayer warrior. But then, I remember Jesus saying in Matthew 17:21 that without fasting and prayer, certain miracle will not happen.

Hey, maybe you should pray and fast too about this favour. Because you may need God's favour or good luck (the secular term for favour) to supplement your preparation. This could be the last thing to do to open the door.

Alright dreamers! I will try and re-post this for Spring 2020 students. Don’t forget, the approval rate will be higher than refusal this year. Keep counting the visas. God bless!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2019
Hmmm.
Adekunmi28:
The total cost was $39,286 no scholarships, level of program undergraduate and I’m 25years
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 5:42pm On May 13, 2019
Prexy1999:
My boss���

Or boy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2019
Just surprised lol, he was just issuing the yellow no SOA asked no further questions about what will you be doing after your studies and about the course and why? Lol I’m gonna pay in another visa fee on Monday any advice please?
fairheart:
Hmmm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:55pm On May 13, 2019
It is possible the VO was angry or placed there to deal blue or yellow papers to visa applicants. Yes, they sometimes do this for God known reasons. However, as a lay person, I am looking at these: tuition is a bit high; no scholarship; your age. You can reapply. All things are possible!
Adekunmi28:
Just surprised lol, he was just issuing the yellow no SOA asked no further questions about what will you be doing after your studies and about the course and why? Lol I’m gonna pay in another visa fee on Monday any advice please?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 5:57pm On May 13, 2019
Yes bro all things are possible, I’ll reapply and see how it goes.
fairheart:
It is possible the VO was angry or placed there to deal blue or yellow papers to visa applicants. Yes, they sometimes do this for God known reasons. However, as a lay person, I am looking at these: tuition is a bit high; no scholarship; your age. You can reapply. All things are possible!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:02pm On May 13, 2019
I like your faith! But I recommend getting scholarship before you go back, or you may be refused again (this is my opinion). You have been out of secondary school for almost 6 years. You are 25, just going for your undergraduate. That is what I used Hmmm for. Think about it and do what you know is best for you.
Adekunmi28:
Yes bro all things are possible, I’ll reapply and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 6:11pm On May 13, 2019
I wasn’t giving a scholarship by the school and I got another admission from park university no scholarships amount $27,500
fairheart:
I like your faith! But I recommend getting scholarship before you go back, or you may be refused again (this is my opinion). You have been out of secondary school for almost 6 years. You are 2015, just going for your undergraduate. That is what I used [b]Hmmm [/b]for. Think about it and do what you know is best for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by demmyfranc(m): 7:20pm On May 13, 2019
Hello guru in the house... Please can anyone help with related interviews questions for F1 student that can be ask by VO
Just for proper preparation. Please house
Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kemade14: 7:43pm On May 13, 2019
Please, who has registered for the GRE and TOEFL recently, kindly signify and help out with the amount you paid. Looking for the cheapest registrar, a bit low on funds presently.

P.S All enquiries,suggestions etc should be done publicly on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NewAjala(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2019
I need this info too ... Price for GRE and TOEFL thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2019
kemade14:
Please, who has registered for the GRE and TOEFL recently, kindly signify and help out with the amount you paid. Looking for the cheapest registrar, a bit low on funds presently.

GRE - 45k
TOEFL -40k

PM should you need any assistance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kemade14: 8:56pm On May 13, 2019
Johnolukolade:

GRE - 45k
TOEFL -40k

PM should you need any assistance.
Ok, will do that right away, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hayzedd007: 9:17pm On May 13, 2019
kemade14:
By Mafit shoukdbbe ur best best ,check dem out at Ikeja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:22pm On May 13, 2019
Please everyone that sent their transcript to my mail should give me tonight to review .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by obojememe: 10:54pm On May 13, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (536)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.