Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796632 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ubah1:

Reason best known to him. You don't know the "they" as well so stop judging the guy wrongly. You might be wrong or right, no one knows. We have adviced him to wait for his passport so that he can know the reason for the refusal. If it's fake bank statement, they will state there.

You are also ignorant of the reason for the denial as well.
Don't quote me for a quarell Bro. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Afolabi6046:
seriously? people have been telling me it's based on WAEC. Thank YOU.
You would still have to send your WAEC (if requested) to show you actually graduated from secondary school and you did well on the exit exam. But your GPA is based on the last four years of your secondary school education (equivalent to US high school).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
bigwizzy001:

Its not as if I have his email address to which I sent him email. I just did the naira land way of mailing someone clicking on his/her moniker. As in private messaging the person. I don't have the right word for it but I'm sure you guys should understand me by now

You can do same for me too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmalondon: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
Please what is the current price for GRE exams in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
ottizz:

You would still have to send your WAEC (if requested) to show you actually graduated from secondary school and you did well on the exit exam. But your GPA is based on the last four years of your secondary school education (equivalent to US high school).
Thanks a lot dear sir, i just got a better understanding. I discovered most schools i check make reference of high school transcripts, it just got confusing because people here noted that GPA is calculated solely with your WAEC result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
Philadelphia:

You are also ignorant of the reason for the denial as well.
Don't quote me for a quarell Bro. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Thanks.

You go like trouble oo. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
Humble11:

You go like trouble oo. cheesy cheesy
Free the guy jare what do you xpect him to say? everybody is trying to bring in their own opinion, it's not a crime to air one's view and nobody should attack the person but rather the person's post if at all there's any grudge to settle it shud be between the poster n the person that made the quote. This was the case of 4peace4 when he made a post that many found offensive instead of attacking the post many attacked him hence all of his response seemed he liked quarrel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dimejalex(m): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
dimejalex:
Good morning house my school want an official transcript from me how do I go sending them and what is an official transcript??..i await your response
house in need your response on this please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
dimejalex:
house in need your response on this please
First a transcript is a booklet that entails all your grades from your year 1 to final year. If your school says official transcript it simply means the one sealed and directly sent to them by your school. Unofficial is the one your school gave you by hand since uve opened it it's no longer official. Now if your school requested you pass through an evaluation body it means your sch have to send it directly to the evaluation body who would in return send it to the school you are applying to. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
femi312:
I understand that some procedures are not always clear on some schools websites, you have to search every nuke and cranny to get some info on some school's website. However, this short paragraph you wrote could have well been directed to international admission officer of your proposed schools and they will give you a legit answer. Their contacts are on the website for a reason and not for decoration. Please be proactive and let nairaland be your last resort in matters like this and not the first

Yeah, thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
Philadelphia:

Who are the they? And why has the op deactivated his account?
Oya Senior Advocate answer.

You do know that not everyone here has the time and energy to banter, right? I benefited from this forum way back in 2011 and only come back to contribute here to give back to the forum that gave a lot to me. As for trying so hard to draw conclusions from things that you're not sure of, I would advice you again to be slow in doing that.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
Timotee:

You do know that not everyone here has the time and energy to banter, right? I benefited from this forum way back in 2011 and only come back to contribute here to give back to the forum that gave a lot to me. As for trying so hard to draw conclusions from things that you're not sure of, I would advice you again to be slow in doing that.

As for the sentence in bold, it's irrelevant. Who ask you? How does it relate to the main discussion?
Stop showing your small self abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dimejalex(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
uniquefurlife:
First a transcript is a booklet that entails all your grades from your year 1 to final year. If your school says official transcript it simply means the one sealed and directly sent to them by your school. Unofficial is the one your school gave you by hand since uve opened it it's no longer official. Now if your school requested you pass through an evaluation body it means your sch have to send it directly to the evaluation body who would in return send it to the school you are applying to. Hope this helps
thanks for your response sir am applying for undergraduate students in East Tennessee state university I only have my report card from my secondary school which I graduated in 2015 how do I go about the official transcript??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by krett(m): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
Please I'm looking for school in the US to do my Master's but based on scholarship or when I get there I will work and pay

Any one with idea should help me out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
Good evening everyone, I was denied f1 visa in July. Now I want to go another school and reapply for visa for spring 2019 but the visa interview dates I'm seeing are very late. Can I make use of expited appointment considering I was denied in July?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Good evening everyone, I was denied f1 visa in July. Now I want to go another school and reapply for visa for spring 2019 but the visa interview dates I'm seeing are very late. Can I make use of *expired* appointment considering I was denied in July?

I guess u meant *expedited* or emergency but
are you sure about the date? I just saw Friday Oct 19 as the earliest available date...please verify by logggin on to see for yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
Adhheir:

are you sure about the date? I just saw Friday Oct 19 as the earliest available date...please verify by logggin on to see for yourself

Is that true? I picked a date in September and the earliest I could see was November 1st...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Predstan:

Is that true? I picked a date in September and the earliest I could see was November 1st...

It’s true. Login and check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
Humble11:

It’s true. Login and check

That's true. Can I reschedule my appointment? Like my date is 1st of nov. Can I reschedule?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jamoyakz: 11:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
Thanks for the previous response!
The transcript is as follows;
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good morning and how are you doing?
VO: Good thank you (Smiling). Can you pass your i20 and passport please?
Me: Handed it Over.
VO: Why did you want to study this particular course in US?
Me: The master's degree will equip me with the necessary expertise required to be a professional health educator in Nigeria. bla bla bla....
VO: Nodded in acceptance. who is sponsoring your study?
Me: My dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a medical doctor at ........Hospital and we have a family business as well.
VO: Do you have the financial statement?
me: Yes.. and I passed it to her when she requested.
VO: Flipped through all the pages for like 3 mins. What do you say you dad do?
Me: He is a medical doctor at so so so so....
VO: Okay! Flipped through the pages again for another 2 mins
VO: Who is so so so so(Mentioned my Dad's name)?
Me: My dad.
VO: Okay.
VO: Are you aware that the new policy is that united state embassy will be verifying all financial statements for F1 visa? and if there is an issue with the document, such applicant can be banned for up to 10 years. Do you still want to proceed?
Me: Yes.
VO: Waited again foe like 1 min.... Your visa have been approved
Me: Thank you
VO: Passed me the two white documents i described earlier
Me: Like when will me passport be ready for collection?
VO: Between 2-3 business days.
me: Thank you.
VO: I wish you a nice study in the US.
me: Thank you.
She did not give me back my financial statement though!
Later in the day, we were told that the embassy sent a mail to the bank to verify the statement and that it has been verified.
So, that is the transcript.
Only for me to check my status online now and to see refused and that I should refer to the paper i collected at the interview yesterday which was a congratulatory paper of being issued an F1 visa.

I think there was a miscommunication either from the VO or you interpreted what she said differently. she placed you on administrative procedure to confirm the authenticity of the BS that was why she held back to it. Abuja doesn't play with BS. it's still fairly easy to get in Abuja than Lagos if all of your documents are legit.
poster I suggest you wait to get your passport and hope for the best.... please to all and sundry let us do our homework very well before hitting the embassy. those guys just dey hammer ontop our head. Olu don cast oooo guys play safe

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:14am On Oct 18, 2018
Predstan:

That's true. Can I reschedule my appointment? Like my date is 1st of nov. Can I reschedule?

Yes. U can only reschedule once.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by adiamo11: 5:22am On Oct 18, 2018
I am a Nigerian based in UAE..I got married to my American gf some months back and both of us went back 2 our Base.Now she want 2 start d filing process..my questions are:
1.can she file 4 me while I appear at d USA embassy in DUBAI or I have to come back to my native country?

2.is it not gamble like B1/B2 visa?

3.Can u explain the general process to me...in details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunji5558: 6:24am On Oct 18, 2018
Hello Everyone, I need a clarification on this. I was denied F1 on August 8 and defrred my admission till Spring, i want to apply again now, can I use the old DS-1600 or complete another one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mummytutu: 6:43am On Oct 18, 2018
Superbrain:

I would not necessarily call it a disadvantage- just make sure you can explain why you applied to just one school. You can spin it to your advantage by stating a specific research area, topic or field of interest you want to focus on. You could also state that the course content and schedule resonates more what you intended for your studies (again, be able to explain in detail why).

Just make sure you articulate your reasons clearly. I do not see this as a big disadvantage.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2018
Adhheir:

yes I meant expedited. I'm still seeing December 31 as the earliest date when I login, on the CGI home page. I don't know why. But with my denial history, am I eligible for an expedited appointment? I have only applied for visa (F1) once (in July) and was denied and I have never used an expedited appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2018
tunji5558:
Hello Everyone, I need a clarification on this. I was denied F1 on August 8 and defrred my admission till Spring, i want to apply again now, can I use the old DS-1600 or complete another one?

You need a new ds 160 confirmation number. You can't use the old one that has been refused on their system again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:24am On Oct 18, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
yes I meant expedited. I'm still seeing December 31 as the earliest date when I login, on the CGI home page. I don't know why. But with my denial history, am I eligible for an expedited appointment? I have only applied for visa (F1) once (in July) and was denied and I have never used an expedited appointment.

There are close dates available. Login and check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2018
Ubah1:

There are close dates available. Login and check
Still same. What date are you seeing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:30am On Oct 18, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Still same. What date are you seeing?

Seeing Oct 19th for lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2018
House please I need help. I don Google tire. Have contacted so many schools to no avail.I have HND in business administration(upper credit) and wish to apply for pre-masters program, as few schools I've sent transcript to feel my GPA is not equivalent to USA decree.
Please I need names of schools that offer pre-masters program. Though I still dey Google but any help or information will highly be appreciated. Thanks.
People have been suggesting I go through an agent since I've tried my best, but I don't want any problem in future that's why I'm seeking for help here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2018
Blesso222:
House please I need help. I don Google tire. Have contacted so many schools to no avail.I have HND in business administration(upper credit) and wish to apply for pre-masters program, as few schools I've sent transcript to feel my GPA is not equivalent to USA decree.
Please I need names of schools that offer pre-masters program. Though I still dey Google but any help or information will highly be appreciated. Thanks.
you can also get a bsc from bells university in Ogun state in 18 months with your hnd and then apply for masters with the bsc

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.