Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Oh, How I Wish Egypt Were In The World Cup! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oh, How I Wish Egypt Were In The World Cup! (584 Views)

CAF Disqualified Egypt, Hands Ticket To Nigeria / Super Eagles Depart For Egypt Ahead Of Qualifier Match (Photos) / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh, How I Wish Egypt Were In The World Cup! by TinaTurner: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
There is no gainsaying the fact that the World Cup is seriously missing Egypt - the all-time No1 best football team in Africa. Moreso, with the lameduck performance of the 6 African representatives! Only Egypt - ranked No 11 in the world - could have checkmated Messi, Kaka and the rest of the so-called superstars out there without Africa being disgraced. Pity.

It is likely that Argentina and Greece will inexplainably end in a draw while Nigeria will surely beat South Korea by 3 - 1. The Oracle has spoken.
It's time we go back to our usual drawing board and start preparing for Brazil 2014, less than a mere1,500 days away!

God save Nigeria.

Re: Oh, How I Wish Egypt Were In The World Cup! by Mudley313: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2010
sorry to burst your bubble, but they wouldn't have been any better than the rest. north african teams hardly do anything outside of africa; and the predictions of your so-called oracle sounds like plain ol rubbish
Re: Oh, How I Wish Egypt Were In The World Cup! by Kgdavid(m): 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2010
Egypt have been rubbish on the world stage and their confederations cup performance showed that for all their dominance in Africa, they cannot perform on the world stage. one hypothesis i have concerning this phenomena is that Egypt play football the european way and hence they are more tactically and technically organised than most sub-saharan African teams. the flip side of that coin is that when they play against teams who play in a similar way but with more individually skilled players, they are out of their depth. but then again can any performance be worse than what we've seen so far? its hard to imagine how that could be possible so on the whole i would say i would much rather have seen Egypt and Tunisia qaulify than Nigeria and Algeria.

(1) (Reply)

How Bright Can The Black Stars Shine? / Why Are Referees Ruining This World Cup? / 2 Nigerians Now In West Ham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.