Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Dear Mothers....about Your Daughter's Hair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Mothers....about Your Daughter's Hair (575 Views)

Don't Let Your Daughter Be Too Close To Their Pastor- Journalist Advises Mothers / If Your Daughter Did This To Your Car, What Would You Do? (Photo) / International Day Of The Girl Child: Share Amazing Things Your Daughter Has Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mothers....about Your Daughter's Hair by Afroreporter: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2018
I just saw a post on tundednut's Instagram page where a little girl was crying her eyes out in pains while her hair was getting done. You can hear the agony and know that she wasn't just being a brat. He asked if it was that painful and a lot of girls replied that "kids can be dramatic and annoying."
I'll say this on behalf of those annoying kids;

All Scalps are not the same.

Some people have really tender and sensitive scalp and no matter how gentle you are with their hair, it would hurt. There pain threshold is not lower than normal since they probably "chest " when you flog them but touch their head and it a different story.

That video brought back so many bad memories for me and now I'm wondering if it was even worth it. Nobody understood. It was always " look at your sister, see how quiet she is. Just shut up!"

Kids should cry when they are sad or being punished for bad behaviour and not when they are trying to look cute. "Beauty is pain" shouldn't apply to 7 year olds. It's not yet that serious.
As an adult, my scalp still hurt until 2 years ago when I went natural and started doing my hair by myself. Now I look back and wonder how I was able stand it as a kid when even as an adult my scalp would hurt if people touched it.
What to do?
Spray her hair with water anytime you want to work on it and use a leave in conditioner. Hairdressers may not want to do wet hair in Nigeria but talk to them.

Please wet her hair
She's not being dramatic
She's actually in pains
you just don't understand

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmaFu1Hn7Kl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=movcm4z8czl9

Re: Dear Mothers....about Your Daughter's Hair by Wendy80(f): 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
You still see tears in my eyes whenever I'm making my hair. Went natural last year, all I do now is cornrows and wear wig.
One of my daughters took after me, she doesn't like making her hair at all but sometimes she's dramatic about it.
Re: Dear Mothers....about Your Daughter's Hair by prettysassygirl(f): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
I don't know why mothers stress their young daughters life all in the name of hair,some even go as far as braiding it with heavy attachments,and every time u see the girl shaking her head just to see what she is writing in class,I as an adult don't even do any hair that would touch my skin or disturb me,my girls would be on low cut but if they insist that they wanna plait their hair,then its gonna be simple weaven except for Christmas and easter periods

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Answer This Question Correctly / Young Man Commits Suicide In Enugu State / Why Do We Need PIN To Make Transactions Via Banks' USSD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.