Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

How To Make Comics? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Make Comics? (13672 Views)

Comics Nairaland Universe / Introducing Penzu Comics / Do You Draw Comics? Manga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Comics? by Lafem(m): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2007
@Artboy: That's some straightup tight innovation rite there! See as you just 'pimped' that ride; sotay you give am 'blinging' rims and all. Nice one, mehn! wink grin
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2007
@Artboy:  Wow!!! Where av u been since. Dat's a perfect job as far as i'm concerned. Pleeeeaaaase, help me anyway u can. How did u do it? I really need your help.
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2007
@Artboy: Pls how can i contact you, love ur work,
Re: How To Make Comics? by Artboy(m): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2007
I had to go over the outlines in coreldraw (cos I cant use photoshop's pen tool) but the process is quite long to explain. did u check out the links I posted? I'm sure if u search for photoshop tutorials u should be able to get good stuff
my eMail address is dpencilpusher@yahoo.com
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2008
It's obvious i still need help,  isn't it? Somebody help!

Re: How To Make Comics? by justbones(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2008
nice work. but could be better. try to improve
Re: How To Make Comics? by Artboy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2008
I'm no pro, but from the little I've learnt, here are a few tips:
1. after scanning your drawing, unlock the layer then DESATURATE it.
2. use "Levels" (i.e.: Image>Adjustments>Levels, ) to make the whites white and the blacks black. and to remove any unwanted grey ares.
3. use a white brush to further remove any unwanted grey areas.
4. when u are satisfied, set the blend mode of the layer to "Multiply" and lock it.
5. create a new layer and drag it beneath the layer with the drawngs
6. color away on your new layer.

hint: put different colors on different layers, also make frequent use of groups.

hope this helps,
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2008
Thanks!! grin
Re: How To Make Comics? by justbones(m): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2008
also try to learn the pen tool in ph0t0sh0p
Re: How To Make Comics? by cyberomin(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ ArtBoy
Broz abeg no vex na Naija u 4rm, chei see what u did with Namzo's car
man Papa G and Broz J really boku u wit talent
Ride On Brother
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hey guys, I'm back! Artboy, where u at? What d'u guys think about this?

Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2008
I've got a little tutorial on how i got it done here: http://namzo.
Re: How To Make Comics? by xothermik(m): 8:57am On Oct 08, 2008
there are great benefits of drawing on your p.c when doing comic projects. one software i recommend is manga studio pro. its much quicker and less tedious than trying to draw, scan and paint in photoshop. it has a really intuitive drawing array of tools once you get used to it.and splendid when trying to quickly generate effects like a thousand arrows flying by or an army out of a few drawn characters which wud hav been a gargantuan work to jus draw by hand. i know cuz i'v been using the sister program for making cartoons which is anime studio pro and i can dish out at least 1 high quality cartoon episode every week which however is impossible for one person to do if you were to use traditional hand drawing cartooning methods. so you see the technology is there for a reason. more and more animation labs are droppin hand and going digital every day maker's of the family guy and yes even the marvel cartoons now make use of perhaps the numberone cartoon software and that is toon boom. and one thing you should bear in mind is that the traditional hand drawin method only works well if you have a number of staff to assist in diff areas of specialty. like sketching, inking, painting etc. it works in the developed countries because the turnout cash from the project is enough to pay for all these staff. its a different concept in naija however so u need to cut staff and digital is the only way to do that in and acceptable timeframe.however less people or even one person cud handle all those effectively (provided he's actualli gifted in this stuff) and wud need less help than if the traditional guy wud. i am a pretty astute artist myself, i mean i can draw like mad but i know attemptin to draw ink scan photoshop when i cud jus do the whole thing wit one swoop is hell of a shackled way to go. but hey, thats jus me.
Re: How To Make Comics? by Artboy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2008
@namzo: nice work! great improvement.
@xothermik: thanx for the advice. could u pls strart a thread on anime studio pro? b'cos I've had for a while and haven't been able to use it.Thanx.
Re: How To Make Comics? by Artboy(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
this is more of 'digital painting' than 'comic coloring' but I just had to,

Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2008
Artboy:

@namzo: nice work! great improvement.

Thanks. I made d pen tool in PS my friend. I also have you to thank. grin

Re: How To Make Comics? by firestar(f): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2008
@namzo

cool finishing. you must've lots of spare time! wuld show works later. you can check http://www.3daz.com too. wink
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2008
@firestar: the link u posted isn't working? would love to see ur works. wink
Re: How To Make Comics? by firestar(f): 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2008
@namzo. I'm sorry. I muddled it up. Here it is:

http://www.daz3d.com

For some reason I can't upload. BRB.
Re: How To Make Comics? by firestar(f): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
Here it is.

Re: How To Make Comics? by Vickade(m): 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2008
Art boy, i no go mind to learn from you o , abeg. i saw what u did for namzi and i think its cool. i have some magazine idea and i think we could work together and make it a reality.
Re: How To Make Comics? by Vickade(m): 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2008
namzo, u no easy o. abeg dat little one wey you no iwwam no am. hw do we meet pls? where do you live?
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2008
@vick: my email ad. is ernest[AT]ngbot.com.

i just creatd this new character. He doesn't have a name yet though. wink

Re: How To Make Comics? by firestar(f): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2008
embarassed
Re: How To Make Comics? by phantomcat(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2009
Hi guys

Namzo, Adjain and Artboy send me a mail i might have a job for you guys. send ma a mail a tosan@eagle8consulting.com if you are iinterested.
Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2009
Wow! Going thru dis topic makes me realise how much i've improved. I'll post recent works later.
Re: How To Make Comics? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Hi everyone, I'm a new to nairaland and i found this topic interesting. Different artists employ different means, but personally, I start with a pencil sketch followed by inking and colouring using PS (using a 'layers' technique). @namzo the character you created is nice, totally original. How did you produce him? I'd like to know you better, we could work on something,

Re: How To Make Comics? by namzo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
@TomClancy I made it with photoshop (same way you work; layering/coloring), though, i now also work with Adobe Illustrator. A lot of advantages come with working or starting in Vector, e.g. You can enlarge ur artwork to any dimension without loss of quality, You can change the thickness of paths easily without having to erase and redraw them like in photoshop etc.). I still use photoshop though, can't do without it smiley
Re: How To Make Comics? by OKX(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2010
@ TomClancy
@ namzo

guys, i have a running project that i think is suited to ur particular skills. if u're mildly interested- call me on 08030910585, or drop ur number(s) so i can call u with the project specifics.

good work.
Re: How To Make Comics? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ namzo, thanks for the response. I'd put in more time producing vector art. Its an area I'd like to explore a bit more. Are there any online tutorials you can recommend? With your skill, you should be making a good contribution to Nigeria's comic industry. I'd like to get to know you better, can you please mail me on chuksonthenet@yahoo.com with your facebook name? I'd really appreciate it, thanks. I hope to see more samples of your work.

@OKX, contact me on 08037631797, I'd be expecting your call.
Re: How To Make Comics? by Zeduks(m): 11:35am On Feb 17, 2016
@ Artboy, pls can I contact you? I love proven words and maybe a tutorial (08167024070)
Re: How To Make Comics? by DerrickM(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
@NAMZO: Na your old thread be this?!!I still remember when you drew this character in FUTA. Amazing it's when I saw ernest@ngbot.com that I knew it was you. You'z still the guy who taught me Photoshop & get hooked on Adobe apps. @Artboy helped improve your art while you did the same for me. Until we realise in Nigeria & Africa in general that by sharing our skills our creative industries will improve greatly. Till then there will always be a gap...

namzo:
@vick: my email ad. is ernest[AT]ngbot.com.

i just creatd this new character. He doesn't have a name yet though. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ARCHITECTURE, INTERIOR AND Mechanical WITH SKETCHUP / Kindly Check Out My Logo / Mockups Designs / Amazing "Pencil Vs Camera" Artworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.