Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players (6353 Views)

Novak Djokovic Condemns Wimbledon’s Ban On Russian Tennis Players / Governor Ambode Appoints Asisat Oshoala As Lagos State Sports Ambassador. / The Profile Of Some Top Nigerian Table Tennis Players,ranking And Clubs (Pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Trizzi: 8:16am On Aug 14, 2018
Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode has approved the disbursement of N2 million as a bonus payment to all Nigerian players who reached the Round of 16 and upwards at the just concluded 2018 ITTF Seamaster Nigeria Open table tennis tournament, irrespective of their States of Origin.

Executive Chairman of Lagos State Sports Commission, Kweku Adedayo Tandoh, who disclosed this during the closing ceremony of the tournament held at the Sir Molade Okoya Thomas Indoor Sports Hall, Lagos, commended the magnanimity of Governor Ambode, adding that the gesture is part of efforts by the State government to boost the morale of players and encourage them to reach for greater heights.

He said the Governor’s presence at the finals to cheer Quadri to victory, in spite of his tight schedule, was a demonstration of the passion and commitment to uplifting sporting activities in the State, adding that Lagos State will always reward Nigerian Athletes for their efforts and performances.

Topmost among the recipients of the Ambode’s gesture is Aruna Quadri, the first Nigerian winner of the tournament who defeated Frenchman Antione Hachard in a thrilling 4-2 encounter in the men’s singles. He received Governor Ambode’s N1 million bonus plus the sum of $5,000 prize money.

Other recipients include doubles quarterfinalists, the duo of Hassan Nurudeen and Jamiu Azeez Olugbenga; the pair of Omotayo Olajide and Segun Toriola, as well as Ojomu Ajoke and Oribamishe Esther. Funke Oshonaike and Akpan Cecilia who reached the round of 16 in the women’s singles also benefited from the largesse.

In the U-21 Junior category, beneficiaries in the Boy’s event who got to the round of 16 included Augustine Emmanuel, Hassan Nurudeen, Oladiran Joshua, Ayanwale Jamiu, Solanke Azeez, Akanbi Rilwan, Omeh Amadi and Tobi Falana.

U-21 Female recipients of the bonus prize were Aregbesola Nimota, Onoja Agnes and Oribamishe Esther.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-p2tAj4RGdm8/W3J8fnzUnOI/AAAAAAAAD7Q/bz_YZJk0NZo9lV-UuQeGQucrpBS712y_wCLcBGAs/s1600/ambode.JPG[/img]

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/08/governor-ambode-approves-n2-million.html

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by rusher14: 8:20am On Aug 14, 2018
Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2018
AMBODE IS WORKING.
The BEST GOVERNOR in the country for the past 3 years.
Keep up the good work YOUR Excellency

11 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Macopol01(m): 8:26am On Aug 14, 2018
Ambode my niqqa wink

6 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by loverboys: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2018
ambode is a God sent governor to lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2018
To all or each of dem ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Naijawebmaster: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2018
Nice one! Weh done, Sir.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Lionhearted: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2018
davjos:
To all or each of dem ?
You are smart sir.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by innocential3032(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2018
significant to the people of lagos n other state. After ambode follow by enugu state governor. Ifeanyi ugwuanyi . They ar the only working governor in nigeria
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2018
davjos:
To all or each of dem ?
The thread said bonus to all ... Wic 2m . More clarify plx
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2018
innocential3032:
significant to the people of lagos n other state. After ambode follow by enugu state governor. Ifeanyi ugwuanyi . They ar the only working governor in nigeria
Really??
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Akeem1759(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2018
I've been noticing this Man for quite sometime, he no get time for all this their APC, PDP, Senate Wahala, he's main focus is good governance, progress to name a few. My wonderful OYO state no just dey get luck for better person to govern them.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2018
innocential3032:
Out of 36 state plus fct Too BAD
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by abumoney(m): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2018
Pls, how much was Miracle of BBN given at the end of the show?!
You're giving them 2 million naira for what? Talents are always insulted in Nigeria. If the French team that won the world cup were to be on the Nigerian team, they would have been knocked off at group stage. It's obvious Africa is cursed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by money121(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2018
Ambo
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Melison(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2018
If its for all of them issorite
If its for each of them is also orite
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by franklin67: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2018
visit my blog, Franklin67. . com
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Krafty006: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2018
reward for excellence.................quality handmade shoes, sandals and slippers 081-816-636-16
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Maket: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2018
Money in sport is sweet. Good one from the only Governo in Nigeria
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2018
ambode my governor, after you Na you..the number 1 governor in the whole federation ...no need to contest,your second term is already sealed ..BABA O, OYA GBE FUN, OWO KAN FUN EYAN MEWA
Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by jayinfo2(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2018
I love tennis. I want to start playing that game . who have idea on where I can start from . may b training ground.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by luminouz(m): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2018
jayinfo2:
I love tenis especially long tennis . I want to start playing that game . who have idea on where I can start from . may b training ground.
Long tennis ko...
Short poker ni grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Kaydeexotic(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2018
jayinfo2:
I love tenis especially long tennis . I want to start playing that game . who have idea on where I can start from . may b training ground.
We only have two types of tennis...
1. The one played with a racket on a ground surface which is usually either grass,clay or hard surface.....and it's simply called "TENNIS"
2. The other one is table tennis which we all know is played on a table....

Please sir this is a friendly correction. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Approves N2 Million Bonus To All Nigerian Table Tennis Players by Litmus: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2018
Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode has approved the disbursement of N2 million as a bonus payment to all Nigerian players who reached the Round of 16 and upwards at the just concluded 2018 ITTF Seamaster Nigeria Open table tennis tournament, irrespective of their States of Origin.

Am not understanding, as some Nigerians say. Does the approved money come from this Ambode's personal account? If not, why is he receiving such accolades?

And why are Nigerian athletes often paid in such unofficial appearing ways, as if from the goodness of politicians heart,which in some ways encourages the transfer of public celebration of the athlete to the politician?

surely this method of rewarding athletes far from endorsing the competence or the governor indicates the opposite for it suggests that there are inadequacies in municipality, specifically how the State funds services.

..right here is how the public unwittingly facilitates questionable governance such as ("Big Man" (personality politics))

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshoala Leads Barca Femeni To Super Cup Win At Sociedad / Of What Influence Does Wags Have On England Team? / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.