Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

It's A Serious Issue. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It's A Serious Issue. (539 Views)

Serious Issue..am dieing slowly.. depressed / Why Is Genotype Such A Serious Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Serious Issue. by mrex911(m): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone, my name is Rex, am from a family of five my dad is late am living with my mum and two of my siblings they are all boys ages 22 and 17 respectively. I am 27yrs old , what am abt to share is here has been bordering me and has caused me alot of pains... My mum is the problem there is no day dt pass by without quarells. We are doing the same business together . U might be thinking, wat kind of business am talking abt. It a restraunt biz. The problem is management she want to be in charge of everying. Always doing de same tin ova & ova & expecting a different result , always making mountains out of mole hill. Hates change , always afraid of taking risk , disorganised and all dt jst name it... We have been in this business for the past seven yrs. We are doing well in terms of sales yet there is no achievement. She always want to be in ctrl of every yet she lack mgt accument on how to run a business. Am jst tired of everything bc she doesn't believe in my ability . I want to leave the business 4 her since it seems as we are contending with each oda in the business. She no longer see me as a son but a treat. Calls all sorts of names. Am afraid the business will die if i leave the business 4 her bc my younger ones are nt intrested in the business. I jst want to be happy 4 once. I want a place where i will be appreciated nt a place i will be tolerated. My dad called me b4 he died and told me to take gud care of my younger ones i neva new what he mearnt by dt but now i knw beta... Am afraid of what the family will bcm if i leave them but they are not appreciative. I even started a small business of my own where i manage ppls money 4 them . Eva since i started thins bc worser than b4. Pls my ppl i dnt knw what to do , am ready to sacrifice anything jst to be happy am tired of dis kind of life that am living now. Living to please my mum and my siblings. Am nt making any progress at all as i ought to. They are stagnating me. Please ur advice is needed urgently.
Re: It's A Serious Issue. by dayleke: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
First of all, nothing like "Worser".

Secondly, you can look for another job or set up another biz and just be like a consultant to the family biz.
You can be looking in from the outside and if you see that things are going downhill, then step in to help.
Don't try to force your mom to change, I think she believes the old ways they have been doing things are enough. Not knowing that things are changing daily.
Good luck bro.
Never turn your back on them. They will need you last last noni.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's A Serious Issue. by 93Miles: 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
Rex follow dayleke advice.
Get something else doing and leave the family business for your mom but from time to time check how she's going about the business.

Never talk back at your mom o. Mother's curse is bad.

She believes her way of carrying out the business is the best.

1 Like

Re: It's A Serious Issue. by dayleke: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
93Miles:
Rex follow dayleke advice.
Get something else doing and leave the family business for your mom but from time to time check how she's going about the business.

Never talk back at your mom o. Mother's curse is bad.

She believes her way of carrying out the business is the best.

Thanks.
You read my mind and completed everything .

1 Like

Re: It's A Serious Issue. by alterswerve(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
I really hate that part of this life where dying people call you by their side and drop responsibilities with you..

Totally not fair!

1 Like

Re: It's A Serious Issue. by Cantonese: 1:19am On Aug 17, 2018
You must be careful. Danger in the future is that your younger ones after feeding on you will settle down with their own families ahead of you. It is always very unfair when parents abandon their roles as providers to one of their children. We have not heard from your mum so our judgements could be dangerously one sided. However I think you can move on with your life - facing your own business - while you try to provide financial and emotional support to your mum and sibblings to the best of your ability.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Throws Mom A Surprise Birthday Party, Buys Her A Car / Fight rocks church when pastor tells woman her best friend is behind her problem / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.