Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

I Need Your Opinion{cant Move Out Of Where I Reside Presently} - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Opinion{cant Move Out Of Where I Reside Presently} (1075 Views)

Child Found Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway Presently At Ibafo Police Station (pho / I Am Presently In A Dilemma / Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Opinion{cant Move Out Of Where I Reside Presently} by ristic(f): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2007
i wouldnt call this a problem, but its not making me a fulfilled person. am staying with my sister who loves me crazy as well as the husband, fortunately he is the Pastor of a church. i worship with rccg in the northern part of the state before moving down here and right now i cant worship there because am staying with my sister, he is a Pastor of another church which am not too comfortable in.

i decided to move elsewhere which would be more confortable for me without restrictions on where to worship, all hell broke loose when i informed my sis and her husband. They did not like the idea, and this is tearing the family apart, i couldnt move out of the house neither can i worship in the church i desired.

i am confused i dont really know what to do again, i need your opinion on how to go about this.
Re: I Need Your Opinion{cant Move Out Of Where I Reside Presently} by cuteass1(f): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2007
Sweetheart that's a tight one ooh, but don't worry its going to be sorted out one way or the other wink

there is a saying that you can take the horse down to the stream, but you can't force it to drink water

And i'm sure your sister (and her husband) will come to see that with time, you just have to be a bit patient and know that Rome wasn't built in a day.
This is what you do, you know most problems are solved by the right amount of communication.

Try and talk to your sister alone, she's your sister and i'm sure she understands you more than if not any other person, at least more than most people in the world. Try to make her see reasons with you first before bringing her husband into the matter.
Make her understand you love her family and your life with them, but your heart is not into her husband's church

Now some adults need time to digest things, even if she is not responding positively immediately, give her some time, she'll come around. You said she loves you, then i'm sure your happiness means the world to her

When you've gotten her to see reasons with you, the husband is piece of cake. A wife always has a way of talking to the hussy. Let her handle that, its her specialty to reach the husband's heart and soften it.

You guys get to regain peace in the home, and most of all everybody is happy doing their thing wink

Good luck dearie, it shall be well cheesy
Re: I Need Your Opinion{cant Move Out Of Where I Reside Presently} by ristic(f): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2007
I really appreciate your advice, but all these i have done, i have spoken with her about the issue it didnt go down well with her, i dnt know what she must have discussed with the husband, but the husband called me says i cant leave alone which is not wise thing in lagos.

His second reason was that worshiping in his church is still same as anywhere else.

I have tried to go along with these its just not working for me, i feel sad about this. i have looked around if i could get an apartment maybe a 2 bedroom flat to share with other lady.

All thesame i appreciate your opinion.
Re: I Need Your Opinion{cant Move Out Of Where I Reside Presently} by cuteass1(f): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2007
dearie

anybody will tell you that there are two options to the situation

Either you walk out on them and damn the circumstances(being "at war" with your sis and the hussy"wink , or live there and get used to the church

i won't go for you moving out, because yes Lagos is big and can be dangerous, now i don't know how old you are but if you're still a teenager, you  might be better off staying with your sister. And who likes the idea of being long heads with the sister.

Let the matter rest for now afterall you've just arrived, if you're happy with them and the only problem you have is the "church thing", then you should count yourself lucky

Tomorrow might be a better day and next tomorrow might turn out to be the best day of your life. I'm sure they'll later leave you to make your own choice of church, but its only natural for them to be possessive of you in the beginning

i'm sure your sister is scared of you going into town alone, comm'on she loves her little sis, and wouldn't want anything to happen to her wink

Give the new church a chance too, that's how we get to adjust to new things in our lives. Give it an honest chance, you might later start loving it! Could it be you're scared of new enviroments and changes? darling who isn't? we all are wink

I'm sure the church is not a whole different religion, is it? and come to think of it, if you found yourself in a place without the particular church you were attending at earlier, won't you have embraced the one at your feet?

After you give it a chance, then you have some facts to back up your dislike for the church, at that time they might start seeing it in a different light wink

its always good to make an effort at compromising and at meeting each other half way, at least at the end of the day you're justified for giving it a try

Afterall its not like you'll live with your sister forever, make the little time you have with her worthwhile, you still have plenty of time in the future to go to wherever you may feel sooth, do whatever you think it is you need to do and make your decisions without people's interference
wink

(1) (Reply)

: Terrible! Could This Be Real? / I Don't Know How To Treat Him / Woman Seeks End To Marriage With `ill-tempered Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.