Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" (1372 Views)

Mbaka To Buhari Government: Apologise God Says You Are Wicked Maggots, Hooligans / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / Why God Says I Must Become President Of Nigeria - Young Man of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 15, 2018
Zechariah 3 KJV

1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

6 And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,

[i]7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

What a powerful scripture passage!
The great controversy between good and evil...God vs. Satan,
I like this particular passage because it shows Joshua...Moses' successor and "High Priest"...being found "guilty"...meaning having committed sins in his life...having been imperfect as Romans 3:23 states, but interestingly enough and right there making sure that God saw Joshua's sins, was the enemy himself, Satan.
He was enjoying accusing and marveling in the faults of Joshua..
He wanted Joshua destroyed.
YET God pronounced Joshua "clean"....
SO you have the accuser of the brethren happily pointing out Joshua's sins and then you have God saying that He (Himself) died for Joshua's sins...
Apparentlly, Joshua had confessed, asked for forgiveness and repented of whatever sins he had committed.

What encouragement for those who think that they have no hope!
But it's also very important to point out the conditions that Joshua must accept in order to continually experience the fullness, blessing and favor of God...in Verse 7.

"IF"..."THEN"
Condition....Blessing
May those of us who are determined to follow Christ be encouraged...and remember what He has done, is doing, and will continue to do for us as long as we abide in Him...
Blessed we are....

2 Likes

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by gees101(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
mobillia mobillia mobillia
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 22, 2018
gees101:
mo/billia mo/billia mo/billia

How are you?
Did you have any thoughts about this write-up?
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by gees101(m): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2018
Mobilia:

How are you?
Did you have any thoughts about this write-up?
Am good dear, nope no thoughts, i believe what GOD says about me

2 Likes

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by pressplay411(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mobilia:
Zechariah 3 KJV

1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

6 And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,

[i]7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

What a powerful scripture passage!
The great controversy between good and evil...God vs. Satan,
I like this particular passage because it shows Joshua...Moses' successor and "High Priest"...being found "guilty"...meaning having committed sins in his life...having been imperfect as Romans 3:23 states, but interestingly enough and right there making sure that God saw Joshua's sins, was the enemy himself, Satan.
He was enjoying accusing and marveling in the faults of Joshua..
He wanted Joshua destroyed.
YET God pronounced Joshua "clean"....
SO you have the accuser of the brethren happily pointing out Joshua's sins and then you have God saying that He (Himself) died for Joshua's sins...
Apparentlly, Joshua had confessed, asked for forgiveness and repented of whatever sins he had committed.

What encouragement for those who think that they have no hope!
But it's also very important to point out the conditions that Joshua must accept in order to continually experience the fullness, blessing and favor of God...in Verse 7.

"IF"..."Then"
Condition....Blessing
May those of us who are determined to follow Christ be encouraged...and remember what He has done, is doing, and will continue to do for us as long as we abide in Him...
Blessed we are....

Thanks for this.
It really ministers to me.

1 Like

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
pressplay411:

Thanks for this.
It really ministers to me.

Thank the Lord..
Brother... will seriously keep you lifted.

1 Like

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Izognok:

Hmmmm!
Is this Joshua the same successor of Moses? Please, check again. I think this Joshua was a different one. Joshua, Moses' successor had died before this event.

For more clarification:

Joshua, Moses' successor: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua

Joshua, the high priest: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_the_High_Priest

I have some thoughts about this topic, but not sure if I have your permission to share.

Ok.... let me go and check this out. I never knew of a different Joshua than Moses' successor.
Absolutely....Feel free to share your thoughts...

Modified: I thank you for this info clarification and correction of me. You are correct. There are two different "Joshua's".... (Joshua, son of Nun and Moses' successor and Joshua the High Priest). Zechariah 3 is speaking about Joshua the High Priest... and NOT Joshua, Moses' successor.
Just goes to show that I 've gotta dig deeper into the Word cause there's so much to learn.. and I haven't yet arrived to perfection.

I don't want to lose the essence of the message though.
Cause I'm sure the enemy would've tormented Joshua, Moses' successor, as well.
The enemy seeks to continually accuse and dig up a person's past sins....BUT a repentant person is "spotless" in God's eyes.

CC: Izognok

2 Likes

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Izognok,
I appreciate your comments here.
Joshua, Moses' successor (as well as Joshua the High Priest) both pledged to live holy lives...and I'm sure they accomplished that for most of their lives.
However, it doesn't mean that the enemy won't "tempt". Of course, we don't have to yield to temptation though. But it does happen....people sometimes "fall"...
Yes, Godly people make terrible mistakes (Ex. David, Samson etc.).
Joshua may have not been an adulterer, but who knows if Joshua struggled with "pride" or "anger issues"..etc.
We try to judge folks based on sins of "commission" (the ones that we can see people do such as drinking, smoking, cheating, prostitution...but rather forget about the sins of "omission" (the sins we can't see as much (the heart issues)..such as jealousy, pride, envy, etc.)
As long as we're human beings...and have flesh and bleed red blood....the opportunity to not only be "tempted" but also "yield" to it....is a very real situation. However, it's how we choose to deal with our sins...that makes all of the difference.
But as I said, let us not miss the whole essence of the message.
It's for those who have sinned, confessed and repented...and how GOD views them...as opposed to what the devil continually tries to do.

P.S...

Sir, I just realized who you are after checking your posts in another section and being able to clearly identify you. Don't know why you would use my real name as your moniker?? r
Sir, please I think you are very angry with me, (and I don't know why since I had nothing to do with your earlier deactivation), but this wasn't the way to do this. Why use my real first name backwards and some of my last name in your moniker? I'm confused here.
Anyhow, if you want to talk, please...you know exactly how to reach me.
Thanks

Note to my readers and followers: I humbly apologize for derailing my OWN THREAD....please forgive me (I'm human too) smiley
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by gees101(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2018
Izognok:

No thoughts? And you had to cry out so loud mentioning OP? Lol! You better spill out your mind. grin
izognok izognok izognok, how manytimes i cal u so? mobilia ooooh
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by pressplay411(m): 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mobilia:

Note to my readers and followers[/b]: I humbly apologize for derailing my OWN THREAD....please forgive me (I'm human too) smiley

Well handled.
More wisdom and discernment to you. Grace multiplied in you and through you in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 27, 2018
pressplay411:

Well handled.
More wisdom and discernment to you. Grace multiplied in you and through you in Jesus name. Amen

Brother,
Not to place you on a pedestal, but I humbly say "thank you" for your kind words.
"Thank you" for your prayer...cause I definitely need discernment, discernment and more discernment in my life.
Thank you for displaying a Godly character. God's got His hands on you...never forget that.

1 Like

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by pressplay411(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
Not to place you on a pedestal, but I humbly say "thank you" for your kind words.
"Thank you" for your prayer...cause I definitely need discernment, discernment and more discernment in my life.
Thank you for displaying a Godly character. God's got His hands on you...never forget that.

All thanks and glory to God.
I was blessed by the way you handled it.
Love conquers all.

1 Like

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2018
pressplay411:

All thanks and glory to God.
I was blessed by the way you handled it.
Love conquers all.

A-men...
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2018
My brother Gees101,
You said you are "waiting"? undecided
"Waiting" for

I would love to hear your thoughts about repentance...
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by gees101(m): 6:33am On Sep 01, 2018
Mobilia:
My brother Gees101,
You said you are "waiting"? undecided
"Waiting" for

I would love to hear your thoughts about repentance...
all in the bible. 'pm' pls
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
gees101:
all in the bible. 'pm' pls

Brother,
Not to be mean, but due to a whole lot of "trial and error" with "pm's"...I'm taking a rest from doing that.
Unless I "pm" the person...I'm gonna be super duper strict in even thinking about replying.
I'm only gonna answer a "pm" if I feel convicted to do so...from now on.
I'm sorry..but feel free to comment on any thread or post I do (if what you have to say is appropriate).

1 Like

Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by gees101(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
Not to be mean, but due to a whole lot of "trial and error" with "pm's"...I'm taking a rest from doing that.
Unless I "pm" the person...I'm gonna be super duper strict in even thinking about replying.
I'm sorry..but feel free to comment on any thread or post I do (if what you have to say is appropriate).
dont be over religious, am not the devil
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by TheEnforcer: 11:30am On Sep 25, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
Mobilia,are you an African American?
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
TheEnforcer:
Mo/bilia,are you an African American?

Haha....the never-ending question.
I am a Black American (via my late mom)and Nigerian (my dad's Igbo).
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Satan Says, "Filthy"...God Says, "Spotless" by gees101(m): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Mobilia:

How are you? Did you have any thoughts about this write-up?
where are u o

(1) (Reply)

Why Christianity Especially Needs To Be Regulated By The Government / False Teachings About Second Death By JW / What Really Happens When A Person Dies? Case Study Of Lazarus & The Rich Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.