Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (30695 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline / Here Is The List Of Providus Bank Branches In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by frowland(m): 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Odingo1:

Keep on lying to score a cheap point.

What part of my comment is a lie? Did you live my life for me? You think I am as jobeless and confused as you are?
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by AreaFada2: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Kano is below Anambra

Check the table below

From your table of deposits, it's: Lagos, FCT, Edo, Delta?
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by sleemfesh: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

Kano's economy is the second largest after Lagos. It's not about branches, it's about volume of transactions in each of those bank branches. Most at times competition is the reason why banks explode here and there and not really about trade volume.
Kano have better micro economic indices but unfortunately majority of them are unbanked.

Where is your proof or do you think population is equal to economic strength?

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by ifechez: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

What part of my comment is a lie? Did you live my life for me? You think I am as jobeless and confused as you are?

Let's see if you are for real, which part of main market can I find diamond bank, first bank, UBA and fidelity bank.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by TundeBricklayer: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:
Anambra is mostly 2 room cash centers. Well all na branch sha. All join.
O.d.e below is pictures of Onitsha main market I guess the banks are cash centers grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by frowland(m): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

O.d.e below is picture of Onitsha main market I guess the banks are cash centers grin

You dont know what cash centers are, do you?
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by frowland(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
ifechez:

Let's see if you are for real, which part of main market can I find diamond bank, first bank, UBA and fidelity bank.

I don't sell market in Main market.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by TundeBricklayer: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

You dont know what cash centers are, do you?
No enlightenment me otondo
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by dreamwords: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
Chai. No Yoruba states that tops
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by kettykin: 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
Has anyone else noticed how pained some set of people are because Anambra is ahead of many states

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by frowland(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

No enlightenment me otondo

Here we go again! Bereft of ideas they resort to insults. I dont have time for people like you. Go sell your market.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Jaideyone(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
amaniro:
Wow those are Nigerian major cities ;
Lagos
Port Harcourt
Abuja
Anambra.

....... other places like Benin, Abia ,oyo kaduna Kano tried sha wink
lol Anambra is one of Nigeria's major cities? grin funny
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by AyakaDunukofia: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
lol Anambra is one of Nigeria's major cities? grin funny

Anambra state like Lagos state have turned to CITY STATES, meaning most of the rural areas have turned to urban villages. When people talk about Lagos today, they don't mean the original Lagos island. Whether you learnt anything from what I wrote is another matter altogether.

4 Likes

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by farem: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Anambra WAS the forth largest economy after Lagos, Rivers and FCT

You still will not learn. They say this data is 9 years kid.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Odingo1: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

See how you are making a fool of yourself here just to drag Anambra down and put Kano up. Go and re-write the statistics and give Kano more bank number so that you can be satisfied.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Ttipsy(f): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Lagos, Fct and others
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Temptee101(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
StRichard:
Abia really tried even as their past and present leaders have been looting them dry.
What has number of banks in a state got to so with governors looting their state treasury? Or you think banks are built by the govt?
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by TundeBricklayer: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2018
OkutaNla:
Lmao. OP is so pained by that CBN/SANEF report that the SouthEast and NorthEast have the lowest Bank Access (https://www.nairaland.com/4676750/report-banking-access-lowest-northeast ), that instead of trying to decipher and understand the true context of that report, he has gone ahead to go dig-up an outdated 10-year-old report on bank branches. cheesy.

FYI, SANEF is CBN-funded, and stands for Shared Agent Network Expansion Facilities (SANEF), and its latest report wasn't limited to just conventional brick-and-mortar Bank transactions, but includes basic financial services such as P.O.S, Cash-in, Cash-out, funds transfer (online and offline), bill payments, airtime purchase, government disbursements as well as data on enrollment on BMS Infrastructure (BVN). Banks are going DIGITAL and opening lesser offline branches.

Op, I know your Anambla ego is very big and easily brusied, but try and upgrade your comprehension skills that way you don't end up embarrassing yourself the way you keep doing on issues such as this.

Fact you guys are chameleons, you and your brothers were boasting in previous thread that banks in Oyo state surpassed the ones in southeast states combined until I exposed your lies, that only Anambra beat Oyo state in banks branches and cash transactions, now you've shifted goalpost to DIGITAL, may be I should remind you and your likes that Anambra was fourth state cashless policy took effect in Nigeria after, Lagos, Rivers and Abuja.

Check your brother's post in prenvious thread

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by lordkenny(m): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Lagos, Rivers, Abuja And Anambra Top Commercial Bank Branches In Nigeria - photos

PART A - CBN Financial Statistics

@Op, the report ends by Q3 of 2009. Will appreciate if you can get the updated report
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by frowland(m): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
Odingo1:

See how you are making a fool of yourself here just to drag Anambra down and put Kano up. Go and re-write the statistics and give Kano more bank number so that you can be satisfied.

Anambra is the richest state in Africa. Hope you are richer now or hope this comment gave you alart in your bank? Now jog off.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
The irony of it all... The hausa fulani will tell us that kano state is more populous than LAGOS
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by funlover1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
bigpsalmmy:
What sort of lazy post is this. Data almost ten year old when we have current data from the CBN.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by MRLANNISTER(m): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Lagos, Rivers, Abuja And Anambra Top Commercial Bank Branches In Nigeria - photos

PART A - CBN Financial Statistics

This is Ludacris. 2009 data in 2018. Grow up men!
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by TundeBricklayer: 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
MRLANNISTER:

This is Ludacris. 2009 data in 2018. Grow up men!
Post current list, make we crosscheck if leading states are stagnant grin cheesy otondo every where grin cheesy,
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
Godlylifeoneart:
The irony of it all... The hausa fulani will tell us that kano state is more populous than LAGOS

Population might correlate with economic size, but it's not necessarily true. Canada's GDP is over 3 times that of Nigeria despite a population of only 36 million. I don't believe Kano is more populated than Lagos, but having a far smaller economy than Lagos doesn't mean isn't proof of this.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
naijapips04:

Oga this is old data na. 2009 is almost a decade now. This data is misleading.
will new data trend differently?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
frowland:

Kano's economy is the second largest after Lagos. It's not about branches, it's about volume of transactions in each of those bank branches. Most at times competition is the reason why banks explode here and there and not really about trade volume.
Kano have better micro economic indices but unfortunately majority of them are unbanked.
na so

What does Kano produce
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by trapQ: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
You're right my brother , even anambra has a bigger economy than U.S.A and China combined.
Ikpongiton:
i doubted the report because,the kind of things i see in onitsha ,nkpor ,awka ,nenwi and ekwulobia can make me tag anambra an industrial bulldozer and rivers a whellbarrow.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Jaideyone(m): 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

Anambra state like Lagos state have turned to CITY STATES, meaning most of the rural areas have turned to urban villages. When people talk about Lagos today, they don't mean the original Lagos island. Whether you learnt anything from what I wrote is another matter altogether.
city state my as$ cheesy the whole of Anambra is not even as big as Ibadan grin
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by freeeeme(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Nigeria is in Lagos
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by Ttipsy(f): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
is Ibadan a state? it's a city, capital of Oyo state and most urbanized. but Anambra as a states seems to have more urbanised places just like we have in Lagos and other few states. Ibadan is 3k plus ksq while Anambra is 4k plus ksq, while Lagos as a state has 3k plus ksq. so Ibadan is approximately bigger than Lagos state. but Lagos and Anambra is highly urbanized than many states in Nigeria due to the presence of more than 1 urban centers apart from their state capitals. Thanks if you can apprehend this. how big a place is, don't make it look urbanized. Ibadan is big, yes we know.
Re: Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States by TundeBricklayer: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
Ibadan is a slum city please, Anambra almost double Lagos size, it's not by size boy, Anambra mighty be small but the state is more viable than Ibadan in all ramifications.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt / 5 Horrible Advice You Should Never Accept About Money / Starting Up A Night Club In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.