Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

John C. Maxwell: 5 Attributes That Lead To Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / John C. Maxwell: 5 Attributes That Lead To Success (359 Views)

Download These 36 Titles By John C. Maxwell For Almost Free... * * / What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? / Janet John: Pretty Soldier Promoted In The Nigerian Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John C. Maxwell: 5 Attributes That Lead To Success by ValourDigest(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
JOHN C. MAXWELL: 5 ATTRIBUTES THAT LEAD TO SUCCESS
Developing a business means facing countless uncertainties—on the idea itself, on the processes that make the idea a reality, on the finances needed to birth a new enterprise. But the biggest risks are people.
IF YOUR DREAMS ARE BIGGER THAN YOU—AND MOST GREAT DREAMS ARE—THEN YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO TAKE CALCULATED RISKS ON PEOPLE.
After all, you can’t predict what they’ll do. You can’t make decisions for them. You can’t always know what drives them. But you won’t get far without them. If your dreams are bigger than you—and most great dreams are—then you must know how to take calculated risks on people.

I spend time with a lot of successful entrepreneurs. These people, who took huge chances to pursue their goals, are now reaping the rewards of their decisions. From our conversations, I’ve uncovered two things about the attitudes these self-starters hold toward risk: They’ve grown comfortable with it, and they’ve learned how to accurately assess it.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/john-c-maxwell-5-attributes-that-lead-to-success/

7 HABITS OF HIGHLY (FINANCIALLY) EFFECTIVE PEOPLE
Just like bacon ice cream and “Call Me Maybe” parodies, self-help trends come and go. But Stephen Covey’s game-changing book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” which has sold more than 25 million copies, is one of a handful of titles that’s still as relevant today as when it was first published 28 years ago.

Bonus: It’s also a pretty useful blueprint for managing money. Here’s how you can use the book’s touchstone habits to up your financial game.

HABIT #1: BE PROACTIVE.
Want to be wealthy—or just financially stable—someday? (Who doesn’t?) Get in the driver’s seat now. “The earlier you form good habits, the easier they’ll be to maintain and the better your long-term returns will be,” says Certified Financial Planner Jill Schlesinger, senior CFP Board ambassador.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/7-habits-of-highly-financially-effective-people/

RELATIONSHIP BREAKDOWNS: 11 TIPS ON HELPING YOUR CHILDREN COPE
ONE OF MY most vivid memories from my childhood is walking in on my parents having a huge row in the kitchen.

This row, for me, signalled the end of their relationship and the beginning of the most difficult period of my life. As an only child, sadness and grief became my siblings when they separated.

Often during and after a relationship breakdown, parents are so caught up in their own hurt and fears, and the thoughts of being alone again, that they are oblivious of the impact their split has had on their children.

So how should parents deal with the aftermath of separation? Here are some tips:
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/relationship-breakdowns-11-tips-on-helping-your-children-cope/

FIVE THINGS YOUR WIFE WISHES YOU’D KNOW BUT WON’T TELL YOU
Here are five things your wife would like you to know but for a variety of possible reasons, she won’t tell you.

1. She feels overwhelmed and likes when you take charge. Between taking care of the children, making dinner, and keeping the home together, not to mention working, she has a lot on her plate. She wants you to be her partner, not another person to take care of. That’s why it’s music to her ears when you offer to make dinner or do bath time, even though you may have worked all day. Picking up some of the slack provides her tremendous relief and she sincerely appreciates it. Don’t wait for her to ask. Just do it.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/five-things-your-wife-wishes-youd-know-but-wont-tell-you/

HOW TO GET OUT OF A FUNK
Whether it’s career burnout, funk, general aimlessness or a craving for a new path, most people will hear a call for a positive life change at some point in their lives.

This isn’t about the National Institutes of Health report that 16 million U.S. adults suffer from at least one major depressive episode each year, but rather about a healthy need to jar oneself out of a rut. What to do?

Case studies that follow offer excellent anecdotes that work. The key is to focus on the roots of your doldrums, recognize your power to get on the other side, and map out concrete action steps for moving through this phase and on to your greatness. If you find yourself in a rut, try these tactics to move forward.
Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/get-out-of-funk/

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Speaking Ability / Fitplus Diagnostics Ltd Job Vacancy - Account Clerk. / Build Your Career!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.