Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies (55793 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Man Deported From Canada For Killing a Parrot / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by stane007: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2018
A Nigerian man who was being deported lost his life after having an alteration with officials, where he told them, they would have to carry him like a dead man.

Bolante Alo, the Nigerian man who died after an altercation with Canada border services officers, promised he wouldn’t go quietly if ordered out of the country.

Evidence submitted by Kenzie Wingert at the first of Alo’s two detention hearings outlines how his refusal to co-operate with any potential deportation order escalated over time.

“You will have to carry me like a dead man, because I’m not going to my death,” Alo is quoted as saying in evidentiary documents submitted by Wingert — the legal counsel representing minister of public safety and emergency preparedness Ralph Goodale — on July 26 at Alo’s first detention hearing.

By that point, Alo had been detained for 48 hours. This was his first detention hearing, administered by the immigration division of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada.

Alo died Aug. 7 after an altercation with Canada Border Services Agency officers while on a KLM airlines plane bound for Amsterdam. The plane hadn’t yet departed Calgary’s airport when the 49-year-old Alo went into medical distress; he was pronounced dead at Peter Lougheed hospital about 90 minutes later.

Wingert drew attention to two statements in the documents she submitted for Alo’s July 26 hearing. The first: “On that day (of deportation), I will be the dog on a leash, and you will have to drag me through fire. I am a dead man. I have nothing to lose.” The second: “I understand that you have concerns that I will cause an issue that will disrupt my removal. You are absolutely correct about this. I will cause a big issue and will not go.”

Source: https://lailasnews.com/you-will-have-to-carry-me-like-a-dead-man-nigerian-man-before-he-died-during-deportation/

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by weyreypey: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
He quit. He meant it. Buhari sef.... How Buhari go dey patrol London and you want to deport him to the country wey president dey flee from?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Chidexter(m): 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Over my dead body, the man just brought this saying to life

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Ishilove: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
Words are very powerful. Use them wisely

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by gaby(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
In Edo, we call this " talking and do".

It's a sad one to chose to rather die stateless than to be sent back to your home country, a sad reality that says a lot and a straight up indictment on our governments, policy makers and Politicians. It's overdue a time for them to wake and live up to their responsibilities .

The issues presently driving people to these decisions of " I'd rather kill myself by myself, rather than sit, do nothing and die by myself", are exactly part of the reasons most of my set did the irregular migration in '99. The causes and effects are still very much alive with no possible end in sight, but we'll keep keeping hope alive.

Rest in Peace dude, you died trying.
The power of life and death, resides in the tongue ...

Click on my siggy to my irregular migration story...Getting an interview with a Maltese media...yayyyy grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
well wishes do come true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by NwaNimo1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
Stubborn man....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by kushercain: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
Kai
Rip

Buhaaaaaariiiiiii

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by philo04(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
a brave man he was

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
You get what you wish for in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by dingbang(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
grin

No pity for him.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by seedord247(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2018
I know some folks in detention over 2 years now. They always fight with ICE whenever they try to deport them...

Wait is Nigeria that bad?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
Where is that Buhari that said that Nigerians are returning back home?
Sorry, I forgot that even himself traveled outside the country.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
Rest in peace dude
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by mattonnairaland: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
And he had to die because he doesn't want to come to Nigeria

6 Likes

ngadaAwo:
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by franchasng: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
All because of successive failed leaders of Nigeria cry

If white people truly want to help African nations develop to avoid their citizens migrating to their nations to overpopulate their nations, they should help us issue a no entry visa embargo on all African leaders and their immediate family members refusing them visas to enter their nations for either vacation, medical tourism, education, etc

This is the only way African leaders can become responsible because I can't see why UK will refuse innocent Nigerian youths and citizens visa to come to UK for any reason while they allow Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari to enter UK and be squandering Nigeria's meager national resources in the nation of vacation. Why can't Mr. Integrity that promised never to travel outside Nigeria for medical treatment go to Calabar, Ogudu Ranch or Ogbunike Cave or even Erin Ijesha waterfall for his vacation and lead by example

This shows white people are wicked and don't wish Africa well.

Stop all failed past and present presidents, governors, senators and ministers of Nigeria from entering your countries. Don't grant them visa and watch them develop sense and start to develop Nigeria angry angry

RIP man, u were unfortunate to be born a Nigerian angry

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
He rather die than live in a shithole.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by billyG(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
they shld hav let him live embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Fitbillionairep: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ishilove:
Words are very powerful. Use them wisely
man shut up. he said he was going to die, meaning he already knew his death was near as a result of his very bd health. i am not saying words aint powerful, but not in this case

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by moscow0147(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
Omo the guy no like naija at all at all, he actually preferred hell to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by promise4wonders: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
the man tried.he should have been the dead prophet.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by 93Miles: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Dead or alive, he MUST return
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by cescky(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
angry

Moral of story: Life and death is in the power of the tongue says the scriptures...

Whosoever shall SAY...and shall not Doubt.....he shall have WHATSOEVER he SAID.....

Your words can make you rich or keep you in penury..

Thou are bound or kept in bondage by the words of thy mouth...

By thy WORDs..are ye are Justified and by Thy WORDs ye are judged...

Ladies and gentlemen, your words are invincible but your mightiest weapon...more Powerful than physical blows

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Cris955(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
ngadaAwo:
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Hmmmmm Am not a buhari fan ooo.but watin concern buhari for this matter

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Galaticos444: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
We die here
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by Ironi: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
So he kill himself or what ?

Would not be surprised, Nigerians happily kill themselves everyday from being deported from another country.

They would jump from high rises just to escape deportation.

Talk about stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by millionboi(m): 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Eh yia
Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by bigdoo: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Canada isn't such a buoyant country and is not worth dying for. What a shame.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by mattonnairaland: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
He said he wouldn't be going to his death. So bad they think of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies by 93Miles: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
Fitbillionairep:

man shut up. he said he was going to die, meaning he already knew his death was near as a result of his very bd health. i am not saying words aint powerful, but not in this case

Did u have to use this to make your point?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / Photos Of The Coffins Where 4 Nigerians To Be Killed In Indonesia Will Be Buried / Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.