Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. (619 Views)

Photos: Riot In Lekki Lagos Between Okada Riders, Thugs And Police / ASUU Strike Enters Do-or-die Stage / Get More Posts Or Die Trying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. by yungwun(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
I saw this somewhere, and while i understand that this unfortunate incident happened to someone, i want to draw our attention to this anathema. there is a need for government to closely monitor the sand filling process on the island. i believe some of these lands were hurriedly sand filled and the tenants are finally worse off. Very close to my office in Banana Island, where i heard a plot of land goes for 250 million naira, someone's house was totally filled with water last week, so bad that a suction truck was brought in to suck the water away. if someone is going to pay that amount for a plot, isnt it right that the sand filling is done very well?

Re: Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. by yungwun(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
the files were too large so i have to attach them one at a time, my bad. wink

Re: Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. by yungwun(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
still, lipsrsealed

Re: Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. by yungwun(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
the last set.
its a pity, that this is happening in an upscale area like lekki. if it was in ajegunle or mushin, it would have been attributed to poverty, but lekki? it could have been avoided.

Re: Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. by tpiah: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2010
terrible.

the house should have been raised, since it's in a flood zone.

too late for that now, so the water just has to be suctioned when flooding occurs.
Re: Live In Lekki Or Die Trying. by aieromon(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
The rich also cry,this is unbelievable!!

(1) (Reply)

"Well done" / What Do You Do? / Nairalander!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.