Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,413 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos (50541 Views)

Uromi Bank Robbery: Soldiers Hide As Robbers Cart Away Money (Photos, Video) / Bus Conductor And Driver Exchange Blows Over Money (Photos) / Lady Forced To Pay For Drinks & Pepper Soup Ordered By A Client Who Robbed Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
A 17-year-old single mother identified as Jamila, was forced to sell her body for money and to survive along with her daughter. The teenage lady is one of an increasing number of Somali women in Nairobi, Kenya who are left desolate after being tricked into a ‘vacation marriage.’

Many of the women are refugees who are lured by the offer of a better life abroad. They often go through a fake wedding ceremony.

The women are later abandoned as the men return to their families in the West. It’s a practice known as vacation marriage.

A journalist Jamal Osman has been to Nairobi, where he put together this documentary to show the world what is going on.

Young Jamila was in tears as she narrated to the journalist how she has been given a bad name following the nature of her job in a brothel.

She revealed how her “husband” spent so much money to lure her as he abandoned her after three months of their marriage. Now she hustles as a sex worker to make ends meet.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/vacation-marriage-17-year-old-lady-forced-to-sell-her-body-for-money.html

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2018
Watch the video HERE.

1 Like

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by ozento: 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
watin vasline dey find dea? well, make she troway shame aside and go back to her family.

6 Likes

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by allanphash7(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by nairavsdollars(f): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
I know she must be a Muslim. That religion sef

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by Badonasty(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
BoneBlogger:
see more;

Life ain't fair
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by WesternOrbit: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nawa o
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by Issame: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by jetz(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nawa o tis world aff finish
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by HajimeSaito(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by queenbetsy(f): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
17??!!! shocked

This is so sad... cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by Zico5(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nothing is new again in this world. Can we call this desperation or bad luck. We should just be watchful of our steps. people out there are not smiling especially when the deal u are being introduced to are too big to be true. Edo nation comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by ahmedpaul: 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
chai very bad of her selling her kids not knowing wihat future lies for her
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
C vaseline

Maybe dey fork her yansh.
Aboki r d same everywher

Dey luv 2 fork from yansh
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by JacksonOyibo: 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by caslord(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
ahmedpaul:
chai very bad of her selling her kids not knowing wihat future lies for her

How wetin you talk take correlate undecided undecided

18 Likes

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by franchasng: 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ladies listen and listen well!!!

Don't allow a man spend so much money on u to get u!!!

Don't allow a man stress so much to get u if u like him and know u will still accept him!!

Men are weird!

Don't listen to small boys saying playing hard to get makes a man value u! If that ever happened that was some many years ago not today!

When u stress a man so much before u accept him, believe me, he will make u pay for it later. Most times the man may have lost genuine interest in u but for ego sake and to prove his manhood, he will just play along and get u and maybe make u to fall in love with him and then he will disappear or hurt u, it happens everyday!

If u like a man, make things easy for him, forget the nonsense small boys say that it will make u look cheap, na lie. Every woman is cheap when she sees who she likes so stop proven hard to get or too decent just to prove a nonsense point.

Chioma is not even happy that Davido spent so much money to but her a Porsche and that is why she doesn't drive the car...she told Davido to even sell it that since he has a car that she doesn't need another car, what a wise Igbo girl.

Don't say I didn't warn u o! undecided

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by ubanett(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Story

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by tunjijones(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
ozento:
watin vasline dey find dea? well, make she troway shame aside and go back to her family.

Which family... U no read say she be refuge?

1 Like

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by Oreofepeters: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
I'm not surprised when I saw Somali.

Africa is entrenched with poverty and I don't see that ending anytime soon, unless under kingdom of God.

1 Like

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by MartinCorridon: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Eyah...just like the PotorPotorians.
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by tunary(m): 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
I feel so sorry for her what a wicked world we live in
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by Delite01(f): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nawa oo, which one is vacation marriage again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by 2flash: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
sorry dear na the system permit am. politicians the make noise but seriously am tired of being to offices in search of job please I no say dash me money oo na loan of N1m with NYSC certificate as collateral make I start my business ooo nobody de give me but God dey
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by enemyofprogress: 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
17 is hold enough to fok now
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by AreaFada2: 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
Please nobody should resort to bigotry on this thread. It is a serious issue that can happen and does happen in many parts of the world.
Many Africans/Nigerians are lured into misery abroad after being promised milk & honey.

3 Likes

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by ALImaza48(m): 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
mumu
Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by donbachi(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
Only in africa...if she is not forced into early marriage,she is forced into prostitution,trafficked into labour slavery,issues of genital mutilation.she is been forced against her own will...what a total abuse and neglet of girl child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Vacation Marriage'; 17-Year-Old Lady Forced To Sell Her Body For Money. Photos by ALImaza48(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
nairavsdollars:
I know she must be a Muslim. That religion sef
mumu

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Naked Armed Robbers Caught On CCTV / We Rape Our Victims Before Killing Them – Robbery Suspects (Picture And Weapon) / Corpses At Pastor Blessed Kelechukwu's House In Abia: Updates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.