Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Do You Want To Be Rich? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do You Want To Be Rich? (667 Views)

I Killed My Son Because I Dreamt That I Will Be Rich If I Rub His Blood On My He / Young Boys Spotted In A River, Performing Rituals To Be Rich (video) / Cubana Chief Priest On Rape: Don’t Wait For Rapist To Be Rich Before Reporting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Boland(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

I've often thought about the deep thought and the intentions of people as to why they want to be rich.

Of course, being rich is good, it's a proof that one controls or possess much money which can be used for quite a number of things.

In recent years, the thirst for riches and power have grown astronomically among the young folks and one would wonder what could have been the cause.

No matter how crude you are, you would agree with me that, money is just a means to an end, even if the "end" is many.

From my observations, I discovered that many people, especially young folks are chasing riches for the wrong reasons and also there has been a misconception about life and happiness.
Don't get me wrong, money makes life easier but when your intention for possessing much money is to be/feel superior or have dominion over others, your motive of wanting riches is wrong.

We crave for a better world, we blame the goverment, we scream bad governance yet we fuel the causes of their bad deeds by praising and worshipping them in our corners.
The moment you give undue honour to a person because of his possession or position, you're ignorantly creating a monster in him/her.
Weak people create monsters. If we all treat everyone as equal (best is to honour them for their good works and impact), there won't be much reason for anyone to crave or be desperate for riches and power. Life will be more about "what to do and achieve" and not "who to become".

Riches, power and wealth are more of a responsibility than it is an opportunity.
Your wealth will mean nothing if it doesn't have any positive impact in "your world" (I'm not talking about just feeding people).

Our leaders are just about some percentage of us, they are not the problem, they got out from us. We are the problem and efforts should be made to correct the mindset of an average man.
If you want a better world, think like a better man.

Listen to your thoughts and sincerely judge yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
Boland:
Hello Nairalanders,

I've often thought about the deep thought and the intentions of people as to why they want to be rich.

Of course, being rich is good, it's a proof that one controls or possess much money which can be used for quite a number of things.

In recent years, the thirst for riches and power have grown astronomically among the young folks and one would wonder what could have been the cause.

No matter how crude you are, you would agree with me that, money is just a means to an end, even if the "end" is many.

From my observations, I discovered that many people, especially young folks are chasing riches for the wrong reasons and also there has been a misconception about life and happiness.
Don't get me wrong, money makes life easier but when your intention for possessing much money is to be/feel superior or have dominion over others, your motive of wanting riches is wrong.

We crave for a better world, we blame the goverment, we scream bad governance yet we fuel the causes of their bad deeds by praising and worshipping them in our corners.
The moment you give undue honour to a person because of his possession or position, you're ignorantly creating a monster in him/her.
Weak people create monsters. If we all treat everyone as equal (best is to honour them for their good works and impact), there won't be much reason for anyone to crave or be desperate for riches and power. Life will be more about "what to do and achieve" and not "who to become".

Riches, power and wealth are more of a responsibility than it is an opportunity.
Your wealth will mean nothing if it doesn't have any positive impact in "your world" (I'm not talking about just feeding people).

Our leaders are just about some percentage of us, they are not the problem, they got out from us. We are the problem and efforts should be made to correct the mindset of an average man.
If you want a better world, think like a better man.

Listen to your thoughts and sincerely judge yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Boland(m): 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
ralphyoung123:
U are a good person, The world will be a much better place if at least 70% of human beings will treat everybody equally. I have thought about it even before u posted this, but human beings are stupid, ignorant, greedy, selfish and possess unnecessary wickedness. The world will never be a good place, I have thought about it and concluded that the best method is to avoid people and stay on your own, if any body tries to step on you, destroy him.
Don't go down that path, brother. There is a reward for goodness. There is a way that dissolves all strife and even show care and compassion to its haters. There is a way to reach this state of mind (realm). This state of my makes you unwilling to revenge when someone wrong you and it gives you peace via understanding.
When you channel good deeds into a wrong cause, you may be dealth with, and that's because you're not acknowledging the Power behind every good work.

Lust is the mother of all evil deeds. People will do wickedly to achieve whatever they're lusting after.

Don't give up on that good part of you, it may seem like it's a weakness, but it can be very powerful when you acknowledge the Power behind it hence direct it to the right cause.
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by donbachi(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
To take care of family and needs,make the society a better place in my own little way and those in needs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
Boland:
Don't go down that path, brother. There is a reward for goodness. There is a way that dissolves all strife and even show care and compassion to its haters. There is a way to reach this state of mind (realm). This state of my makes you unwilling to revenge when someone wrong you and it gives you peace via understanding.
When you channel good deeds into a wrong cause, you may be dealth with, and that's because you're not acknowledging the Power behind every good work.

Lust is the mother of all evil deeds. People will do wickedly to achieve whatever they're lusting after.

Don't give up on that good part of you, it may seem like it's a weakness, but it can be very powerful when you acknowledge the Power behind it hence direct it to the right cause.
I don't believe in heaven or hell, I also don't believe any religion
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by MesuitOzil: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Boland(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
ralphyoung123:
I don't believe in heaven or hell, I also don't believe any religion
Well, that's a topic for another day.

Then again, do you believe that the human mind can or programed to comprehend anything?
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Boland(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
MesuitOzil:
Nice thread
Thanks, bro.
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 21, 2018
Boland:
Well, that's a topic for another day.

Then again, do you believe that the human mind can or programed to comprehend anything?
I don't understand
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Rich? by Boland(m): 12:13am On Sep 11, 2018
ralphyoung123:
I don't understand
Do you think the human mind is capable of comprehending anything?

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Man To Give Police 24 Hours Notice Every Time He Wants To Have Sex / GTBANK'S International Fraudulent Transaction / Young Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Mum Over Charm Inheritance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.