Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex (117416 Views)

We Sell Solar Panels, Fridge, Freezer, Tv, Inverter, General Solar Solutions. / Pls Is It A Must To Use Stabilizer For This Fridge : / Vivo Nex S : The Phone Of The Future. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by airsaylongcon: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Some items are better left unrepaired
I remember back den wen i was using a Samsung S3, the screen got broken and i was told to get a new screen + fixing is about 25k.
I kukuma went to buy a london used S3 for 30k!
Am my mad to spend such amount then for S3 screen!!! cheesy

With the bolded, I'm beginning to believe that maybe you are
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by salford1: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
GOFRONT:
Yea I can relate..
Bought 32inches TV from their LG showroom for 60k, three days later, TV fell, screen got smashed, took it back to them, they told me to pay 74k for them to fix it.....

I handed the TV to them and that was the last time they saw me.......What nonsense shocked
But that is still your loss. Buying a warranty that covers accidents would have saved the t.v..
Still dont understand why replacing a screen would cost more than a new tv of the same type though.
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Icon79(m): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2018
They didn't tell him the price before repairing the fridge

O pari

Gossipper:
Twitter user Akondu has revealed the weird thing he did after he heard the price used in Repairing his fridge at a Shop in Lagos, According to him after he heard the price was close to N60k he abandoned the Fridge and ran away, lol.

See below!

From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/man-goes-to-repair-his-fridge-in-lagos.html

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by donbenie(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Skylarking:

And then the LG personnel will work on the TV, resold it and pocket the money.
Na you lose.
Same as the Twitter guy.
How he come take loose? The repair price is 14k more than a brand new one,obviously they'll not be keen on buying it as scrap..
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by salford1: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
Badgers14:

They probably thought he was a mugu for trying to repair instead of buying another one. Well, the joke is on them now.
The joke is not on them. Apart from the fact that its a massive company, they would just sell it as refurbished. Double profit for them. If the customer buys another LG from them, then triple profit. Either way the customer would be the one to lose money.

His mistake was by not taking the fridge for repair at a regular technician shop instead of an LG repair centre.

2 Likes

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Jesubaby: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
LOL
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by geezynoni: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
LuvSwollenPussy:
Yeap the price can buy another model of fridge. But not that model you repaired.
Who cares?.. Fridge na fridge.
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Ekez(m): 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
How can i use 58k to repair fridge, LG they are mad
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by GOFRONT(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
They say their warranty no cover the screen....I com dey wonder wetin warranty cover, maybe the Remote or the AV port grin grin

Buy Tv 60k, fix screen for 74k.....Chaii.....Na to kuku buy new one na grin

1 Like

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by bamac(m): 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
eluquenson:
Just barely 3 weeks ago, I took my boss 42" LG LED TV to Apapa service centre, lo and behold they charged 144k for screen repair.

How much is the new one for a repair to be so high. I think all these manufacturers are just trying to exploit customers
When you can actually get brand new of any of these on Jumia.

Please call/Whatsapp on 08091180137 to order from Jumia now through a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant.

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by GOFRONT(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
Toh.....I com taya oo...74k to fix screen of Tv in d same LG company where I bought it.....

I dont even think they have a solution to screen at all, so all they do is indirectly give you a price that will leave you thinking between buying new one or go back home with your broken TV.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
LuvSwollenPussy:
Yeap the price can buy another model of fridge. But not that model you repaired.
They can do the same job.
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by GOFRONT(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
Sir, that's the same question that has been ringing in my head ever since that poo happened to me...... embarassed
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by bluecircle470: 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
GOFRONT:
Yea I can relate..
Bought 32inches TV from their LG showroom for 60k, three days later, TV fell, screen got smashed, took it back to them, they told me to pay 74k for them to fix it.....

I handed the TV to them and that was the last time they saw me.......What nonsense shocked

As ur name implies, u carry GOFRONT
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by GOFRONT(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
Okay......I've learnt my lessons grin
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by subchris(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
where is baba
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by owomida1: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Their intent is to sell more by offering exorbitant repair prices. They know customers won't afford a repair, they need u to buy another. They drive sales that way. It's profitable for them.

Imagine dashing them that item, they'll repair and sell to another customer.

2 Likes

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by GOFRONT(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ha!!!.... Make una no laff oo.....

LG nor try at all
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by cosmospolitan: 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
no be small tin o!
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by hotspec(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
eluquenson:
Just barely 3 weeks ago, I took my boss 42" LG LED TV to Apapa service centre, lo and behold they charged 144k for screen repair.

How much is the new one for a repair to be so high. I think all these manufacturers are just trying to exploit customers
ur own better. they billed me 180k for screen repair also. 180k to repair TV that I bot for 110k. Dem no swear 4 me now

2 Likes

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by BabbanBura(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
eluquenson:

Bros it depends on the spec of the TV woo! there is a 42" tb of a million naira - now imagine of you arw to repair it, how much do you think it will cost for a major component repair?
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Sike(m): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2018
BanevsJoker:

How can the screen alone cost more than the entire TV?
Strange but True
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by durasome(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2018
and when lg sell it now then you will start looking for trouble you will make with lg,better go and claim your property.
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by FarahAideed: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
BanevsJoker:

Don't mind the liar
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by SuperBlack: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
BanevsJoker:

Actually Television Screen in Alaba is use to be 37k or 35k
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by kenoz(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by liberation100: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
So you too japa..... Hahahaaaaa

We are in the japa era..so it's allowed bro
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Someone said the Fridge repairer should spoil it back!
Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Jerry2i(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
eluquenson:

my elder brother took our Samsung smart TV to their workshop for change of screen and they said is 70k, I told him to ask them how much they'll buy the scrap o.

1 Like

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
The owner of the lg can tell them to leave it the way it was so that he can reclaim his faulty electronic back.

1 Like

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by Born2Breed(f): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
noble2faith:

Na human being laugh like this!

Re: Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex by CioAngels(f): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
The painful part is that when you take it home and if you are lucky it works for one day and parks up or it will not at all. This is Nigeria where we don't know how to do anything. Shouldn't they have advised him when they knew the cost of repair is more than the cost to buy a new one. Guess work system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.