Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone (802 Views)

[Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds / Java Proramers:java Assignment: Can Someone Help Provide A Solution To This / Hotel Booking And Reservation Assignment For A 200level Student (c++). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone by solomon201(m): 7:15am On Jun 24, 2010
I am having problems compiling this code. first I used arrays in place if vectors but the problem is still there. when i try to compile it tells me
"Linker Error undefined reference to record::record()

I am using Dev Cpp as my compiler.

Pls guys take a look at it and tell we what is wrong.

#include<iostream>
#include<vector>
#include<fstream>
#include<string>
using namespace std;

class record
{
private:
string name;
vector<int>score;
int total;
double average;

int settotal()
{
int temp=0;
for(int index=0;index<score.size();index++)
temp+=score[index];
return temp;
}

double setaverage()
{return (total/score.size());}

public:

record();

void setdata(string n, vector<int>data)
{name=n;
score.resize(data.size());
for(int k=0;k<data.size();k++)
score[k]=data[k];}

void display()
{
cout<<name<<" ";
for(int t=0;t<score.size();t++)
cout<<score[t]<<" ";
}

};

int main()
{
record people;
ifstream readfile;
readfile.open("test.txt"wink;
string tname;
vector<int>tdata;
tdata.resize(3);
readfile>>tname;
{

for(int index=0;index<tdata.size();index++)
readfile>>tdata[index];
}
people.setdata(tname,tdata);

return 0;
}

As I said earlier I have tried using arrays in place of vectors but I get the same error.
what I am trying to do is read data from a text file, compute total and average then display all the data;

Your help will greatly be appreciated.
Re: C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone by sweetpawn2: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
Read a line from the file
store the value in a variable say x
add x to a variable called sum: sum = sum + x
also create var n and add 1 to n:
n = n +1

Repeat the steps above until the end of the file is reached
Now divide sum by n to get average.
Re: C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone by sweetpawn2: 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
Read a line from the file
store the value in a variable say x
add x to a variable called sum: sum = sum + x
also create var n and add 1 to n:
n = n +1

Repeat the steps above until the end of the file is reached
Now divide sum by n to get average.
Re: C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone by solomon201(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
each line contains name, score1, score2, score3;
something like this:
Mike 70 80 66
Chike 65 85 70

I want to be able to find the student who has the highest score in a certain course that is why I used a vector to hold the scores;

I think the problem is with my display function not so sure because when i removed the call to the function and compiled, the program compiled. pls take a look at it again.

Thanks
Re: C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone by IbrahimB: 12:43am On Jun 30, 2010
Replace the line record(); in your class  definition with record(){}; - that should solve your problem.

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do With Gis? / Please Suggest Project Topic For Turkish-Trained Nigerian / Need Help With Service That Can Process Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.