Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? (28795 Views)

"You Haven’t Played In UCL For Long Time" – Lampard Reminds Man United, Arsenal / Who Is The Most Influential Player To Have Played In The Premiere League? / El Clasico To Take Place On October 28 As La Liga Announces 2018/2019 Fixtures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2018
The Next El Clasico in USA - The 2018/19 La Liga season starts today and fans worldwide are ready but there are reasons to believe that the greatest rivalry in soccer history (El Clasico) may be moved out of Spain.
This is because La Liga bosses sign an agreement with the US Company Relevant, which would see Spanish clubs playing some league matches in the USA this season

La Liga have announced the signing of a 15-year deal with International Champions Cup organisers Relevent which could include official league games being played in the USA and Canada.

The agreement will come in force already this season. For the marketing purposes, the clashes played abroad will involve the most popular teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico.

La Liga president Javier Tebas has explained the deal: "If the NBA or the NFL play games outside their cities and countries, why La Liga sides can't? It is important to develop our brand. It is among our short- and medium-term objectives to bring some La Liga clashes to the United States."

On the possible logistic difficulties, this decision could bring Tebas added: "The games would never be organized against the interests of the participants. We would see which teams will agree to this initiative and what compensations and communication strategies would be carried out. We have changed many things in the last four years, some received negative feedback. But in order to grow as an industry, we have to make these decisions."

https://naijmobile.com/the-next-el-clasico-in-usa/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2018
Laliga is starting today girona vs real vallalolid and real betis vs lavante

7 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
La Liga Week 1

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by calddon(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
Wow lots of spanish fans will be thrilled, lots of cash too

2 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Just2endowed2(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
hmmm
Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Therealev: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
ok
Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Lionbite(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
Money has taken over football. No more passion to improve or better the art of the game. Na just how to make money

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by TheAngry1: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
The world has grown increasingly smaller, it is a great idea...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by BruncleZuma: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Ijaya123: 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
That’s taking the games to the fans.

The only thing constant in life is change. Adapt or die.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by cassidy1996(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
america wants everything

2 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by TechCapon(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Having failed to get good replacements for Zidane and Ronaldo and receiving the kind of treatment they got from Athletico, this season's El classico doesn't look too promising angry

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by blowjohn(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Whizkidjay7:
Laliga is starting today girona vs real vallalolid and real betis vs lavante

Predictions?
Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by IPOBrep: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
play anywhere you like, just dont cut my ticket, dasall

26 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Abeg, make one team sign me jare..

1 Like

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by greatman247(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Good development

2 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
IPOBrep:
grin

1 Like

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by danduj(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Who get time for classico
Na juve vs napoli sure pass now cheesy grin

36 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
You are 100% right
Lionbite:
Money has taken over football. No more passion to improve or better the art of the game. Na just how to make money
Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by sdindan: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin

Football left with CR7 in La Liga.

El Clasico against Barça without Ronaldo is like Mancity Vs Derby county.

17 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
Chai....Na the koko be that I swear
IPOBrep:

2 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by BUSHHUNTER: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2018
Without Ronaldo that league is dead!

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by YurFatHer: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
laliga will lose it's value soon

6 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
I get link to Sars FC grin grin grin
HarkymTheOracle:
Abeg, make one team sign me jare..

1 Like

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by toffyz(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
That would be a wrong move...I think the home fans would be @ the losing end, cost of flights, stress and possibly missing some club's matches.

7 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by oshe11: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
I just hope the El Classico is Barca vs Atleti because Real no be our Mate

Why them no play SPANISH SUPER CUP home and away?

14 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by ExplicitConect: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lawal Daura sacked - All hail Osinbajo!

IG directed to reorganize SARS - All hail Osinbajo!

Premium Times reporter arrested - Shame Shame PMB!

Lol....

3 Likes

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by dominique(f): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
True, the NFL play one matchday in the UK. There was a time they redesigned Wembley stadium to look like their football pitch. I like the way they're using their games to unite nations and making millions while at it.

1 Like

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
No way....check the stats
YurFatHer:
laliga will lose it's value soon
Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is another valid angle
toffyz:
That would be a wrong move...I think the home fans would be @ the losing end, cost of flights, stress and possibly missing some club's matches.

1 Like

Re: The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? by enny66(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
Stop shaking table plsssssss
oshe11:
I just hope the El Classico is Barca vs Atleti because Real no be our Mate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Wants To Give Birth To A "Neymar". Gives Step By Step Description / Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Gender Of His Second Twin Babies / FG Prohibits Exclusivity Rights In Sports Broadcasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.