Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (70701 Views)

Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria / Interest Rates On Fixed Time/tenure Deposits In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by lawani: 3:55am On Feb 20, 2009
most banks advertise 17.5% on N1OO,000,000 and above
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by brianromel(m): 9:54am On Feb 20, 2009
Guys all this depends on how much you put in.
I got 13% on 1.2m for a 90days renewable fixed deposit account,and i'm running it for one year straight.
Thats a total of 156k per 90days.
But what i heard,it all depends on the amount you put in,something lower than 1m gives you low interest,higher than 1m gives you high interests

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by lawrencead: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2009
Pls i need advice on =n=5million fixed deposit in nigeria banks and the interest rate i should expect from each banks, for 30days, 60days, 90days and 1year. hope to hear from your.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by ant01: 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
@brianromel

hey bro,
which bank offered you tis rate ?
Thanks
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by fyneguy: 3:42am On Jun 24, 2009
brianromel:

Guys all this depends on how much you put in.
I got 13% on 1.2m for a 90days renewable fixed deposit account,and i'm running it for one year straight.
Thats a total of 156k per 90days.
But what i heard,it all depends on the amount you put in,something lower than 1m gives you low interest,higher than 1m gives you high interests

Bro, you cant get that in 90 days. The 13% is per annum, so that figure- N156k- is all you'll get in 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by walestar(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2009
Which can is the best for fixed deposit and how can one get the best fix rate
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
fyneguy:

Bro, you cant get that in 90 days. The 13% is per annum, so that figure- N156k- is all you'll get in 1 year.

You are right.
156/12 = 13K in a month
That is a bad investment, 1.2M Naira for 13K a month?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by walestar(m): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2009
fixed deposit investment is free investment where you have nothing to loss except Bank Liquidate which we make most investors, savers and companies losss but apart from that, you have nothing to loss but in other investment, its is not risk free
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2009
walestar:

fixed deposit investment is free investment where you have nothing to loss except Bank Liquidate which we make most investors, savers and companies losss but apart from that, you have nothing to loss but in other investment, its is not risk free

I rather invest the money into other things that i can take care of.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by omoloyin: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2009
I have been reading all that is being said about fixed deposit, rates, in nigeria, my thing is that, even if the intrest rate is under the inflation rate, i think it would be wise to still invest your money, especially if you have in the millions, then you take the intrest rate being payed out to you and you invested that in something else, this way you know that you are getting a fixed revenue on either a monthly basis or every three months or howeva long you fix your money for. so god forbit, if anything happen, you know u still got that fixed money and its still bring u something to invest. You cant get rich off fixed deposit accounts, you can only add to your money. the way i see it, its like wearing a financial condom, to make sure, ur dont get yourself into any major trouble.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by UpBendel(m): 12:08am On Sep 02, 2009
Nigerians!!!

You lot are something else!! A bank is offering you 10% and you call that rate of return laughable?? In America and the UK there is NO bank that would offer you anything more than 4% on your investment. Heck, with the current economic climate, be thankful if you even get 2% and at the end of the day, the tax man cometh for your meagre returns.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2010
Don't mind these jokers. They know much more than what is at their doorsteps.

During the economic boom of the mid 90s to 2004, the best CD Rates you could get in the U.S or Europe was 4.2% APY.
Today that figure is 1.59% tops.

10-13% return on a deposit is a gold mine of a return.

It's Nigeria's best kept secret to the foreign world.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by sirp2007: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
can somebody avail us d rates of various categories and the banks?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by whatalife: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
@sir-p2007 ,
interest rates across bank now is as good as zero %.some banks like gt offers btw 4%-5% perannum if you are luck to negotiate well,bank like uba i think is 0.5% per year . So hurry widthdraw your fund and just invest in your business or something else.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by emmybabe: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
For online services like money transfer, shares trading , savings ( Save money or open an account in Nigeria) contact us at info@afrotradegroup.com or
https://www. afrotradegroup.com
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by crazylegs(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2010
I heard interest rates are starting to inch up.

How much can you get for 10-30m on 1 month deposits?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by kelvinkk: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2010
The days of relying on commercial banks for attractive returns on money fixed are gone, we are in the era of asset management companies and porfolio managers, these are the only people that can guarantee you returns above the inflation rate. The inflation rate in nigeria is around 10.5%, you can get around 15% to 17% from asset management companies and porfoli managers depending on the amount you wanna fix and your negotiating power. you can contact me @ ikudayenu@yahoo.com if you wanna learn more or simply ask your questions on this thread.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Ramsky: 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kelvikk, Can you recommend a reliable assest management company?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by monopolist: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
OWN YOUR OWN PLANTATION WITH #5,000 MONTHLY PAYMENT

Make a choice and the PLANTATION BECOMES YOURS FOR LIFE!

Food For Life Project
kingolusola@gmail.com
Cassava
Maize
Oil Palm
Cocoa
Rice
Wheat
Guinea Corn
Beans
Ground Nut
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Icelander: 11:12pm On Nov 24, 2010
In Europe and America the interest rates, on loans and deposits, are close to zero.

In Iceland we know 30-90% inflation. We also know bank accounts, and other financial instruments, that offer very good interest rates - but risky, and in an uncertain world, dangerous. 18% is not good interest on worthless currency. The Icelandic Króna is worthless.

We also know how it feels when a currency devalues by 50% in one month. It is not a good feeling.

I think the world monetary system is flawed. Africa, Iceland and many other countries and continets are getting the short end of the stick. There must be a better way?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by serious1: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2011
so any ideas on going rates if I was to invest 40m naira for 1 month or 3 months?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by saridonp2: 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Serious1,Where did you get that kind of money at a go?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by confluence: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
@saridon p,
somewhere in your post you talked about buying things from turkey and reselling for profit.Please what can $7000 buy from turkey and to resell here in nigeria with some profit, please share with me , catfishnigeria@yahoo.com
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by saridonp2: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Confluence,Check the first post with mutual fund for reply.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Echtim(m): 4:12am On Mar 08, 2011
I need to be enlightened more on this fixed deposit account in Nigeria.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by hugooh42(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2011
It's nothing to write home about at present.Its about 2% per annum. I have one with UBA which i started last year.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by saridonp2: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Its definitely more than 2%,the current rate is above the MPR which is 6.50%.From 5M upward currently you can get 8-9% with some banks and the rate may increase soon.The only reason you can have your money fixed is to generate more interest till the time that you are ready to use it.Its not the best but definitely better than allowing your money to be idle.But those four big banks offer less than 3% actually,its better not to fix money with them.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by hugooh42(m): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2011
Please which four banks are you referring to?

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by saridonp2: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2011
Firstbank,UBA,GTB and Zenith.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Olaisrich(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
i think i now have enough information at my disposal an i can now make my decision,i reside in Ghana and i have about GHC 10,000 (about NGN 1,000,000 equivalent) to be put in a FD account here in Ghana,but i was contemplating bringing the same to Nigeria maybe i can get a better deal,base on the information i've got here i found out that Ghana is better. Ghana inflation rate is presently @ 8.4%, and my banker told me that i can get FD deal @11.6 a month, is that not fair enough considering my alternative?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Try To Invest In Yourself, Learn A Skills Or Handwork Today / Sergei Mavrodi, MMM Founder Dies At 62 / BREAKING: MMM Nigeria Crashes, Freezes Participants’ Money - Breezereporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.