Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football (18148 Views)

Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf / Qatar 2022: Don't Waste Your Time Playing Nigeria,We Can't Stand Them - Ghana MP / The Full Meaning Of The Abbreviation 'BVB' In Dortmund's Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 19, 2018
Soccer Table Abbreviations and Their Meaning

*P, Pld – Played (i.e., number of matches or games played by a team).

* MP – Matches Played (sometimes used in place of P, Pld).

* W – Won (i.e., number of matches won).

* D – Draw (i.e., number of times a team has finished a match with an even score or tie).

* L – Loss (i.e., number of matches lost).

* GS – Goals Scored

* F, GF – Goals For (sometimes used in place of GS).

* A, GA – Goals Against (i.e., number of goals conceded by a team).

* GD – Goal Difference (i.e., difference between GF and GA, and sometimes denoted by +/-). According to the tables above, team B would win under the goal difference criterion.

* PD – Points Difference (i.e., difference between GF and GA, and sometimes used in place of GD).

* GAvg – Goal Average (i.e., GF divided by GA). According to the tables above, team A would win under the goal average criterion.

* GR – Goal Ratio (i.e., GF divided by GA, and sometimes used in place of GAvg).

* Pos – Position (sometimes denoted by #).

* Pts – Points (i.e., total number of points earned by a team after playing a certain number of games). A team is awarded 3 points after winning a match or one point if the game ends as a draw or tie.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:43am On Aug 19, 2018
Very good thread OP.

Meanwhile, UP BLUES!
Chelsea for life!
Re: Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football by Thermosphere: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2020
post=70407028:
[s]Very good thread OP.

Meanwhile, UP BLUES!
Chelsea for life![/s]

1 Like

Re: Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2020
Old knowledge for those of us who are ancestors in the sport.

But new knowledge for all them neophytes and greenhorns.

It's alright all the same. *exhale*
Re: Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football by mortinweiser: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
Good thread for the new players, but for old school men who interesting in football it's not ok) wink

(1) (Reply)

I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho / How Super Eagles Celebrated Mothers Day / Eagles Outclass Hosts Ghana To Reach WAFU Cup Semis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.