Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,569 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf (23904 Views)

Man Utd's Antony Dropped From Brazil Squad Over Alleged Assault On Ex-gf / Mason Greenwood Accused Of Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault (Graphic Photos) / Champions League: Basel Vs Manchester Utd (drop Your Predictions To Win #3000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by HonNL: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9I6C2c0c2g
Antony is accused of "domestic abuse, threat and bodily harm" by ex-partner, Gabriella Cavallin.

Last week the Brazilian was dropped from the Selecao squad. However, Cavallin has spoken up against United allowing Antony to play despite the accusations.

She is asking the United Board to give him the Mason Greenwood treatment.

Gabriela Cavallin on Manchester United's official statement:
“Why did it take United three months? It's just not OK. I prefer not to believe such a huge club, with such serious and professional people, would cover up a situation like this.

Antony must be taken off the pitch. It's disappointing that he's still allowed to play while an investigation is underway.

I'm absolutely devastated by this whole process. How can life go on as normal for him? They can't know what they know now and do nothing. He has to be suspended.

I will not give up. People need to be held accountable. It doesn’t matter what profession or how famous someone might be. If they took action against his teammate, I don’t see why Antony should be treated differently.”

SOURCE

Two other women accuse Antony of violent behaviour
The 2nd woman, Ingrid Lana, a 33-year-old banker, has also said in an interview with Brazilian media outlet Record TV that Antony behaved aggressively towards her in October 2022.

“He tried to have sex with me and I didn't want to. He pushed me against the wall and I hit my head.”[/i]

The 3rd woman, Law student Rayssa de Freitas claims to have required hospital treatment following an incident in May 2022 during which she was attacked by Antony and Mallu Ohana – the ex-wife of Brazilian player Dudu – after attending a Sao Paulo nightclub.

United drops Antony from squad until further notice

Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony.

Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday. However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.

As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.

SOURCE

Antony confirms he will stay back in Brazil to co-operate with the Police
I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.

This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.

I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.

SOURCE

A visibly shaken and tearful Antony, in an interview in his native Brazil, has denied all allegations.

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7828627/man-utds-antony-dropped-brazil#125582357

2 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by HeadNigga: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Omo... Rich guy allowing pussy bring him down? Damn! Piss me off as my bitch, rich or poor, I walk out on you. Make pissing me off a habit, I work out of the relationship. There is always a better woman out there...if I decide to keep you and you goof it's the better woman's gain and mine coz I get money. Can't go to jail for pussy and end up being a pussy in prison.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by free2ryhme: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
The Social media trial must end. Social media has become the law and judgement nowadays.

Trial by social media destroys careers... This is sad.

Woman don destroy this one career

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Basicend: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Another endangered specie, about to be teared to ashes by a daughter of eve.

If the situation is no longer favoring or adapting to their game-plan, they switch-on their victim mode and destroy the partner by all means.

We are still trying to get over Spanish FA president matter and Mason Greenwood, then this. .

Women in the West seems to be over-empowered and are spontaneously mis-using that privilege as expected. .

The sad truth is, what she says to the media, is not always what she says when she is alone with the dude. .

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by OgunleyeA1: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Nazgul: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
All these young footballers really need to take it easy with women...cos once you start having fame and can't control yourself around a woman, she'll make sure she pulls you down.

According to this video posted here, he denied all the allegations. Let's wait for the court to do their findings. I don't trust most of these girls...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Vipro(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Career wey this one dey manage one yeye eve don spoil am.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by free2ryhme: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
HonNL:

Antony is accused of "domestic abuse, threat and bodily harm" by ex-partner, Gabriella Cavallin.

Last week the Brazilian was dropped from the Selecao squad. However, Cavallin has spoken up against United allowing Antony to play despite the accusations.

SOURCE

The 2nd woman, Ingrid Lana, a 33-year-old banker, has also said in an interview with Brazilian media outlet Record TV that Antony behaved aggressively towards her in October 2022.

“He tried to have sex with me and I didn't want to. He pushed me against the wall and I hit my head.”[/i]

The 3rd woman, Law student Rayssa de Freitas claims to have required hospital treatment following an incident in May 2022 during which she was attacked by Antony and Mallu Ohana – the ex-wife of Brazilian player Dudu – after attending a Sao Paulo nightclub.

SOURCE

SOURCE

A visibly shaken and tearful Antony, in an interview in his native Brazil, has denied all allegations.

Previous Thread:

Why should he be taken out the It's team these are allegations nothing has been proved so until then innocent until proven guilty

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Inkling(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Way4orward: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
Man utd and problem.

9 Likes

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Almunjid(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
To marry, date, befriend or associate urself in anyway with women is now the easiest and the fastest way to ruin ur career in Simp Climes.
Only Al-Hakim (the wise one) predicts his future with women and tread with care. grin

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by jegaxe(m): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by DagashSamson: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
A dangerous precedent is been set by sports club especially Man Utd. At this stage a non disclosure agreement is a must in every relationship cause this gender is out to destroy as many young men as possible.
Every young man should learn to be very intentional and save as much evidence you can while having anything to do with that gender.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by AImiron: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Dancing Doughnut

I pray he clear his name asap

1 Like

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by YoungLionken(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
As a man, after witnessing all these unfortunate predicaments bedeviling men by the daughters of Eve and you still don't have sense, then I pity you undecided..

Deep down in me, I'm very certain that R. Kelly is innocent of the accusation he's suffering from now till tomorrow. Greenwood, Emmanuel Eboue, Ashley Cole, Dani Alves, to mention a few (CR7, Neymar and Drake were lucky to have escaped such fabricated attack)..

Most women are not good people but you (men) are the ones making excuses for them...

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by BRATISLAVA: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Waiting for the gutter rat misogynists here to begin their mantra.

"She's trying to bring him down".

Nevermind if he's guilty. Nice one from his country and club. Crocodile tears, probably. Domestic violence must be stamped out. This will reform more men.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by free2ryhme: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

Previous Thread:

Very dangerous precedent that someone's career can be put on hold by serious but unsubstantiated allegations.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Guyman01: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Kpekus about to ruin another one

1 Like

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
That's a country where people frown at bad things. A country that works
Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by saheed24(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
The downfall behind any man is woman
As a man always be careful with them

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Emma513: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Chai, another man u player, after collecting wotowoto they go give them (girl) wotowoto,

but women shaa cool
Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Blake755: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
100m down the drain Eric season long oo angry sad
Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Throwback: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
E be like say Football no wan serious again.

If anyone has anything against a player, take him to court.

If I owned a team, only the law will make me drop a player who wants to play.

Not social media, not political correctness, not blackmail.

If I was a coach, I will resign if the club management tried that rubbish with any player under me.

The nerve and audacity that she has to even go after the club to ensure that the player was dropped.

And they complied like a puppet over an accusation?

Just an accusation?

This world is going crazy.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by JayTripz(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
Omooooo

U need eye drops bcus man United nor drop Anthony

Pour like 2 gallons of eye drops for your eyes B4 you read news next time

Na only Anthony delay him return to training not Dropped

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by AOB1: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
This is pure rubbish, at least you will investigate the case and if he is found guilty then you can go ahead and suspend him sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by spy24(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
This Antony own be like pure set up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Aust1n(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
Make God help us as men.. women will either make you or destroy you. Try fear women

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by chigoziri2403(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
I don't know why footballers fail to learn
Avoid having affairs with women that know your status
They are after your assets, and would use everything against you

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by sammyj: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
shocked shocked shocked Why abuse them if you have enough money to move on and get married to a responsible woman? shocked shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf by Ekpekus(m): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
Why now?? There are always 3 sides of a story.... the accused, the defendant and the truth.
Lord lead us not into temptation... please deliver us from all evil..

An action can destroy years of labour and toil...
In the heat of a moment, may we not do stupid things that will ruin our lives and that of our loved ones.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All 32 Teams In 2019-20 UCL Group Stages Confirmed As Draw Takes Place On 29 Aug / Ronaldinho Has Officially Retired From Professional Football (Read Tweets) / Messi Has The Option To Leave Barca At The End Of Each Season (el Pais)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.