Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? (1236 Views)

As A Developer, How Can We Spot Bad Code? / As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? / How Do I Start Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? by gowonbst(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2018
I want to be a software developer... How do i start?
Re: I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? by alterswerve(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2018
Let what you actually want to achieve guide you..

Not in order

1. Ask yourself! What do I want achieve?
Do I want to make money? Create value? Both?
Do I want to do Android, Desktop, Web, iOS etc softwares?

2. Know yourself! Are you more wired for procedural thought (thinking about how things work and how they can be manipulated to work for you) or memory storage.

3. Get knowledge about the industry, books, blogs, tutorial videos. Get advice, get techniques.

4. Always remember, when you eventually become a software developer, that KNOWING HOW TO FORMULATE ALGORITHMS is more important than KNOWING HOW TO WRITE CODE IN MANY LANGUAGES.

5. Javascript is a good place to start, if you can't find QBASIC. Remember to place emphasis on DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS while learning any language. Once you're good with that, you'll fit in well with other languages

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? by gowonbst(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
OK.. I want to start with android
Re: I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? by FxBeginnerGuide: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
I can send you materials which you can use to teach yourself.

The materials are worth thousands of dollars but I'm reselling at a low price.

If you're interested, Whatsapp "LEARN DEV" to 08071438174

(1) (Reply)

Game Development Or App Development Which Career Is Better / How Much Was Your First Salary As A Developer? / How To Integrate Suitecrm With Xero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.