Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? (1536 Views)

Becoming An Employable Full Stack Flutter Developer (ios And Android) / As A Developer, How Can We Spot Bad Code? / I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2021
Good day guys..Please this question is very important to me as it has to do with my future.

Sometime last year I made a post of how depression almost ruin my life.

But thank God I'm back on my feet..

I have always have interest in programming, but have not been able to pursue the career in the past.But now I have got my enthusiasm back and I want to become a full stack developer.

I had a chat with one Ghana programming academy and they told me that it takes 6 months to become a full stack developer,and the fee is around 450,000 naira equivalent in cedis.
What really interest me about them is that they said
JOB IS GUARANTY AFTER THE SIX MONTHS COURSE.

But I'm not so sure about that claim hence the need to ask my fellow nairalanders..

I want to build a career in tech/programming..

I am willing to pay whatever its takes to get the knowledge.. GUYS,PLS HOW IS IT LIKE TO GET A JOB AFTER THE COURSE?
Pls guys help out..

1 Like

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by stanliwise(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2021
Masturbator2020:
Good day guys..Please this question is very important to me as it has to do with my future.

Sometime last year I made a post of how depression almost ruin my life.

But thank God I'm back on my feet..

I have always have interest in programming, but have not been able to pursue the career in the past.But now I have got my enthusiasm back and I want to become a full stack developer.

I had a chat with one Ghana programming academy and they told me that it takes 6 months to become a full stack developer,and the fee is around 450,000 naira equivalent in cedis.
What really interest me about them is that they said
JOB IS GUARANTY AFTER THE SIX MONTHS COURSE.

But I'm not so sure about that claim hence the need to ask my fellow nairalanders..

I want to build a career in tech/programming..

I am willing to pay whatever its takes to get the knowledge.. GUYS,PLS HOW IS IT LIKE TO GET A JOB AFTER THE COURSE?
Pls guys help out..
There is no six Month of training that would land you a Job. Anyone who told you that is using programming to play a Ponzi scheme. After six month of learning you need more month of practice to gain confidence enough to do practical applications and that will be under the guidance of more experienced people. Infact within 1.5years you will be able to build many things you didn’t think you can build but to be able to secure a practical job could take you extra more months of practice and experiment to give you such confidence

5 Likes

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2021
stanliwise:

There is no six Month of training that would land you a Job. Anyone who told you that is using programming to play a Ponzi scheme. After six month of learning you need more month of practice to gain confidence enough to do practical applications and not under the guidance of more experienced people. Infact within 1.5years you will be able to build many things you didn’t think you can build but to be able to secure a practical job could take you extra more months of practice and experiment to give you such confidence
Thanks, I really appreciate.
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2021
You guys are just viewing without comment,pls comment.
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2021
stanliwise:

There is no six Month of training that would land you a Job. Anyone who told you that is using programming to play a Ponzi scheme. After six month of learning you need more month of practice to gain confidence enough to do practical applications and that will be under the guidance of more experienced people. Infact within 1.5years you will be able to build many things you didn’t think you can build but to be able to secure a practical job could take you extra more months of practice and experiment to give you such confidence
I got my first job in six months of learning and I know people who got jobs in 3 months of learning.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Karleb(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I got my first job in six months of learning and I know people who got jobs in 3 months of learning.

There are people who are paid to learn. it's not common in Nigeria though.

We should discard this idea of extremely hard work. Sometimes, all you need is to be smart.

4 Likes

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by stanliwise(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

State the kind of Job you got and moreso with what background
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Karleb:

There are people who are paid to learn. it's not common in Nigeria though.

We should discard this idea of extremely hard work. Sometimes, all you need is to be smart.
Paid to learn? Wow,hearing this for the first time..
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

This sound so encouraging bro,thanks.
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Karleb(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Masturbator2020:
Paid to learn? Wow,hearing this for the first time..

I've seen so many like that on twitter.
I know of a girl who is an intern and is getting paid in Lagos. I don't know the amount tho.

Like I said, it's not common in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by spartan117(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
Took me 8 months of learning to get my first fullstack (MERN) position, a month later I got a backend (Node js) role. currently doing both.

Overall it's certainly not easy, you have a lot of learning to do and even at that you will send out a lot of job applications that won't even be acknowledged.

I also took the bootcamp approach and it wasn't till my bootcamp connected me with my first job that it became easy to get interviews from other companies. I will recommend you use a bootcamp in Lagos if your intention is to work in Lagos rather than Ghana. These bootcamps have serious connections with employers within their domains, especially the well established one's.

3 Likes

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 5:23am On Apr 26, 2021
spartan117:
Took me 8 months of learning to get my first fullstack (MERN) position, a month later I got a backend (Node js) role. currently doing both.

Overall it's certainly not easy, you have a lot of learning to do and even at that you will send out a lot of job applications that won't even be acknowledged.

I also took the bootcamp approach and it wasn't till my bootcamp connected me with my first job that it became easy to get interviews from other companies. I will recommend you use a bootcamp in Lagos if your intention is to work in Lagos rather than Ghana. These bootcamps have serious connections with employers within their domains, especially the well established one's.
Thank you bro..Can you recommend any bootcamp you know pls?
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by spartan117(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Masturbator2020:
I know of Decagon and Stutern, you can look into them. Stutern seem to be the cheaper of the two though.
You can also look into Bincom

1 Like

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Vicky2k(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Masturbator2020:

Have you heard of Skill Up Africa. Google their website

2 Likes

Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2021
Vicky2k:

Have you heard of Skill Up Africa. Google their website
Thanks
Re: As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? by Masturbator2020: 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
spartan117:

I know of Decagon and Stutern, you can look into them. Stutern seem to be the cheaper of the two though.
You can also look into Bincom
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Experience In Adobe FLEX? / Is Instagram An Html5 App? / Working On My Own Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.