Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible (9836 Views)

Tope Alabi Cries Out As Fraudsters Are Using Her Name For Scamming / Mike Godson And Juliet Ibrahim Pictured Together After Yesterday's News / Mike Godson: I Told Juliet Ibrahim To Marry Me And She Said I'm Too Short (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by fabinfos(f): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2018
Nollywood actor Mike Godson who recently facilitated the arrest of his impostor is feeling bad about it.

The actor in a recent interview said the fraudster who duped many of his fans, a 4th year student of Theatre and Media Arts at the Ambrose alli University in Ekpoma was planning to write his exam when police arrested him for cyber crime.

Here is what Mr Godson said about the criminal case:

“Before this present case, there have been others and someone was actually sent to jail. I feel bad about taking the matter to the police because these guys are young. The one that was recently caught is actually a 400 level student of Theatre and Media Arts at the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma; he has his exams to take very soon. It is quite unfortunate that it happened that way.”

“The mother was crying and there are a lot of things that happened that I cannot disclose because I’m not supposed to. The point is that he has been apprehended by the police and the police are taking care of the matter.”

“It is very obvious that the actions of these cyber criminals affect our brand. They usually follow us on social media and are aware of our activities, so they post our images and videos on their fake pages. They then use those media to defraud our fans and because of how good they are, some of our fans actually fall for their deceit.”

“However, I think it’s only a fool that will believe that celebrities who are so busy would have the time to call people on WhatsApp and Facebook to ask for money. I just feel like these fans are also gullible and greedy. If they do not want something, I don’t think they would end up being defrauded.”

http://kikiotolu.com/mike-godson-nollywood-fans-falling-for-online-fraudsters-are-greedy-and-gullible/

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by zinnydan(f): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2018
I pity the young man

2 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Naijawebmaster: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
I agree, Mike. It is insane for one to believe that a celebrity will ask for money when you are not the likes of Dangote, Otedola...etc.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by adonbilivit: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
so u be celebrity and you get fans too?

hmmm, celebunzu

3 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by itiswellandwell: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by BruncleZuma: 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin

This guy and Baba no difference at all...you can't call them fans and still insult them nah...inasmuch as they are a reflection of you.

1 Like

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by IamAllah: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
Our stupid Afonjas and epon Ojukwu descendants have taken online fraud to another level.
They barely scam the whites these days because WU, MG, RIA and other money transfer services have employed a very strict standards for they so called pickers. I received a WhatsApp text yesterday from one idiot in Nigeria telling me to help him pick 1200 bucks up with the silly excuse that his picker has being flagged, i deliberately picked the money up which after that searched the name of the sender on Facebook, found her cleared her on the scam levels that was played on her and immediately transferred her money back to her and this idiot has given me 60 whatsapp calls before i blocked his fraud ass.

11 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by ItzBIM(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
True but not in all cases

1 Like

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by abbaapple: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
angry

Spits! lipsrsealed
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by brightalo17: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
He made sense .
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by ednut1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
Fools morelike
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by dingbang(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
Don't be scammed.

Meanwhile, esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform wonderful transactions on the first mobile app, please click the link on my signature for more details on how to register, thanks .
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by emmie14: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
Indomie generation and the word "Gullible".
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by emmie14: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:
our stupid Afonjas and epon Ojukwu descendants have taken online fraud to another level.
They barely scam the whites these days because WU, MG, RIA and other money transfer services have employed a very strict standards for they so called pickers. I received a WhatsApp text yesterday from one idiot in Nigeria telling me to help him pick 1200 bucks up with the silly excuse that his picker has being flagged, i deliberately picked the money up which after that searched the name of the sender on Facebook, found her cleared her on the scam levels that was played on her and immediately transferred her money back to her and this idiot has given me 60 whatsapp calls before i blocked his fraud ass.
Oga which country are you? Liars all the way

15 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by HolyClement001(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
scammer everywhere
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by seangy4konji: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
I see one bastard up there ranting.
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Ramon92: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:
Our stupid Afonjas and epon Ojukwu descendants have taken online fraud to another level.
Nigga, you don't have to lie to make yourself feel like a Saint. Which Yahoo boy will have a client post money to someone they can't trust?

stupid liar

10 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Darkseid(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
I agree with him. It's only greedy people that fall for online scams with exception of old uninformed people.
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Aystarz: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:

Quite noble of you. We need more honest folks like you in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
You have a good point here Mike.
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by thanki410(m): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
The only Mike i know is Mike Adenuga
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by IamAllah: 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ramon92:
Nigga, you don't have to lie to make yourself feel like a Saint. Which Yahoo boy will have a client post money to someone they can't trust?

stupid liar
He trusted me. He knew me way back from Nigeria as a very honest person and he expected me to get the money and transferred to him immediately, but i disappointed him. I hate fraudsters sorry, if you one, fvck you!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Nightmareo07: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
undecided
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by JuanDeDios: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
I agree, Mike. It is insane for one to believe that a celebrity will ask for money when you are not the likes of Dangote, Otedola...etc.
Being foolish or greedy is not an offence. In fact, greed exists to some extent in everyone. That kid deserves to go to jail. Mike is wrong.
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by pacespot(m): 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
if there are no foolish people there won't be wise people
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by RevenGeMission: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:

You searched and found the victim and returned the money

What a trashy lie

2 Likes

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
This Ini edo toy boy should shut up. Asha.wo kobo kobo.
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by IamAllah: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
RevenGeMission:

You searched and found the victim and returned the money

What a trashy lie
Yeah right through Facebook, if you need the screenshots of the conversation be straight to ask for it,
Fraudster!

1 Like

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by emekuze(m): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:
Your lie nor get part2

1 Like

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by Kira290(m): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
You are an idiot sir undecided
IamAllah:

1 Like

Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by JacksonOyibo: 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
smiley
Re: Mike Godson: Fans Falling For Online Fraudsters Are Greedy And Gullible by fergieboy: 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
IamAllah:
All this lies just for likes

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Edomites And Jews Are Responsiblle For Most Wickedness In The World / Photos From Joseph Yobo's Daughter Lexins Dedication / Mohammed Abacha Marries New Young Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.