Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days (15876 Views)

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge Reopens / BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Re-open Today By 5pm / NEWS BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Closed For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Lekzyloaded: 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Follow @Lekzyloaded on Twitter

Lagos State Government has said the Third Mainland Bridge would be temporarily shut down for four days starting from midnight of August 23 to midnight of August 26 for “investigative maintenance test” to be carried out.

The Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Ade Akinsanya who stated this in a statement today, said the decision was taken after due consultation with the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.

The four-day closure, according to Akinsanya, will enable the contractors assess the true state of the bridge after which repair works would commence by the end of the year or early in 2019.

“The Third Mainland Bridge which was opened about 30 years ago by the then military government has had haphazard maintenance and repairs in the past which the present Federal Government is committed to correct by carrying out proper and continuous maintenance and repairs on it,” said Akinsanya.

Consequently, the state government appealed for the cooperation, support and understanding of all motorists and residents, advising them to minimize non-essential travel and movements during the four-day closure.

Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor across the metropolis to ensure free flow of traffic.

Source: https://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/breaking-third-mainland-bridge-to-be-temporarily-closed-for-four-days

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by eluquenson(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
Lagosians will suffer oh.

It is well

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by dreh17(m): 3:01am On Aug 20, 2018
K
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by dreh17(m): 3:01am On Aug 20, 2018
[quote author=dreh17 post=a70435097][/quote]
K
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Ejemehn(m): 3:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Long overdue.

Brace up Lagosians. This is going to be a tough one.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by dreh17(m): 3:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by shikshark: 3:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Aĺl my childhood friends living in lagos are now having grey hair upon say they spend hours on that bridge to work, and now they want to close the bridge.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by seyiojomu(m): 3:03am On Aug 20, 2018
Decongest the alternative route first, they didn't.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by 0balufonlll: 3:03am On Aug 20, 2018
x
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by almarthins(m): 3:03am On Aug 20, 2018
Suffering resumes on monday
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by ELgordo(m): 3:03am On Aug 20, 2018
Lagos what's up?
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by noeloge82(m): 3:04am On Aug 20, 2018
Even though it's going to be tough it's better now Than doomsday

33 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 20, 2018
noeloge82:
Even though it's going to be tough it's better now Than doomsday

Well said

20 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by funmike83(f): 3:05am On Aug 20, 2018
OK
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by chudi55: 3:06am On Aug 20, 2018
K so that what happen in Genoa will not repeat in lasgidi

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by KenModi(m): 3:07am On Aug 20, 2018
The bridge is open, Lagosians suffer, now the bridge wld be closed....

I cannot even begin to imagine what Lagosians wld go through.

What saddens me is that they brag about it; Lagosians brag about suffering. What am I even saying, Nigerians brag about suffering and hardship.

Well Fela was right. In my opinion, the definition of Nigeria - Suffering and smiling.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by jojothaiv(m): 3:09am On Aug 20, 2018
Better late than never...

Maintenance is always the key to prolong infrastructures!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by FisifunKododada: 3:17am On Aug 20, 2018
Great call. Hope its for renovation because the day that bridge fails...many will be called into the bottomless home of mami water.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by kunmiiii: 3:19am On Aug 20, 2018
Taking advantage of the public hols and sallah is clearly an informed decision! Only heaven knows the groins Lagosians will be in when the real work and repairs starts!! *whew*

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by kunmiiii: 3:28am On Aug 20, 2018
seyiojomu:
Decongest the alternative route first, they didn't.

""Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor across the metropolis to ensure free flow of traffic"

If u don't have time to read, you shouldn't have time to comment, I believe its way better than displaying ignorance.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 20, 2018
The state is too damn overcrowded. Build more road and highway networks.
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Oceannaagent: 3:31am On Aug 20, 2018
Noted
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by mightguy(m): 3:39am On Aug 20, 2018
KenModi:
The bridge is open, Lagosians suffer, now the bridge wld be closed....

I cannot even begin to imagine what Lagosians wld go through.

What saddens me is that they brag about it; Lagosians brag about suffering. What am I even saying, Nigerians brag about suffering and hardship.

Well Fela was right. In my opinion, the definition of Nigeria - Suffering and smiling.
thank you bro. Suffering and smiling. What naija are proud of is when their tribesman is over there. Nothing else. He will be looting and looting without giving u peeps anything but the citizens will bark at anybody that opposes the govt

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Jasen1(m): 3:43am On Aug 20, 2018
So those people wey de comot around 4am to see motor to obalande, na my 2am them go de comot now

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by tgmservice: 3:49am On Aug 20, 2018
Will this one work with lagosians wey no dey sit down for one place

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:57am On Aug 20, 2018
Noted!
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by ipobarecriminals: 4:00am On Aug 20, 2018
ok.Who be Minister of work during dat popular IB man government? Dey fixed dat bridge /pocket b4.EFCC ova and out
Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by ayusco85(m): 4:00am On Aug 20, 2018
shikshark:
Aĺl my childhood friends living in lagos are now having grey hair upon say they spend hours on that bridge to work, and now they want to close the bridge.

Picture of the Grey hair or its a lie

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 20, 2018
kunmiiii:

""Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor across the metropolis to ensure free flow of traffic"

If u don't have time to read, you shouldn't have time to comment, I believe its way better than displaying ignorance.

Don't mind them. They make comments with their asses grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days by thunder74(m): 4:08am On Aug 20, 2018
Can't they bring the dates closer to utilize this holiday dates to reduce at least more two days of stress?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Luggage Charge Leaves Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport / The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom / Hyundai Car Loses Control In Ikorodu, 3 Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.