Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Acrimony Movie Discussion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Acrimony Movie Discussion (2337 Views)

The Acrimony Between Potty Training And Parenting!! / So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. / Discussion: Do You Think Women Are Equal Or Inferior To Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acrimony Movie Discussion by Coloredsg(f): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
Finally watched the movie "Acrimony".

It's one of the best Tyler Perry  movie ever with lots of lessons to learn.

Let me first address the main characters that were blamed in the movie.  

For people blaming the sisters 

I just want to say this: we all want the best for our family, nobody will support her sister getting married to a gold digger or a lazy man who refused to work because he wants to fulfill a big dream.

What happened to hustling by the side, while also trying to make your dream come true.

Who else noticed that the man finally got a job in a restaurant when cookie chased him out.

For people blaming the side chick Diana:

You forgot that without Diana, he wouldn't have gotten the deal. 

Robert had been trying to get in touch with the company but he couldn't. He was denied every access until she helped him facilitate the deal. 

Robert  refused the first deal he was offered, Diana  also made the final deal possible which made him very rich..

Without the side chick, he would have remained that lazy gold digger. 

Who else noticed that Robert is a user. He uses people most especially ladies to get what he wants. 

Can you remember when Melinda  caught him having sex with Diana, Diana  was furious saying he lied to her that he didnt have any girlfriend. Diana can't be blamed for the lies Robert told her. 

http://coloredsupergirl..com/2018/08/acrimony-by-tyler-perry.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by dingbang(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mehn this is just a fvcking movie. I wonder why people take shitttt like this to heart.

5 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by goldbim(f): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Well reviewed!!her sisters were overprotective tho..they messed up her marriage by insisting on the divorce.Diana has no blame if you ask me..
The only thing I admired in Robert is #determination#!don't give up on your dream!tho,he got too comfortable with asking for help always! Side hustle wouldn't hurt.
In a nutshell,Mel's anger and family interference destroyed her..let's not attach sentiments.!!
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by MetroBaba1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
dingbang:
Mehn this is just a fvcking movie. I wonder why people take shitttt like this to heart.

As If You Did Not Enjoy It...

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by dingbang(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
MetroBaba1:

As If You Did Not Enjoy It...
enjoy fire..
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by sisisioge: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2018
Faults everywhere! The one with the greatest fault of all is the wife...yes! She has the lion's share of the fault. She's a kind hearted person who in whim throws a nation in tatters!

It is excusable that she was caught young and gave all blindly in the name of love. But she had a temper on her! One singular thing that cost her her womb, happiness and life! Also, she spent all those years managing the guy when she could have left him or put her feet down about him getting a job. Also, her greed about expectation after the guy made a hit was phenomenon! Chai! He gave a 10m USD plus the house she lost on him! That's far more than she spent on him! In fact, if she had been saving every penny she made on that her office assistant job, she probably wouldn't have hit 10m. The guy could have kept his success a secret, yet he sort her out and gave her. Lastly, she's no doubt obsessed with the guy...very wrong on all levels!

Brb

Addendum:

Next is the guy.

Robert is a consistent loyal guy who was spoilt to the marrow. He was a man-child, one way traffic. Lazy entitled dude who has no qualms with hands down. He has always been spoilt: School scholarship, babe scholarship,etc. Shame has no place in his book. However, he's a strong and loyal investor in his belief, super consistent. Examples:

1. As an experimental youth, he cheated. But once he saw what it did to the love of his life, he never did again for the twenty years he was married. Dude sits at home all day, he could have done it but he didn't. He loved Cookies devotedly even though she couldn't have kids for him. He loved her with everything in him.

2. Despite the 2 decades long rejections, he never gave up on his batteries. He kept pushing for it. Dang, he practically got served restraining orders from some of the companies he kept pushing towards.

3. His job was the batteries so he never attempted to get another. The azszhole was just happy to stick with the only non paying job he had, the batteries. Another sign of his dedication albeit wrong.

4. Despite leaving the girl's house, he didn't take his ring off for two years none cheated with the other girl. Dang, as nice as I am, the ring will be out of my hands the moment the partner looks me in the eyes and resounded the NO! He didn't even reach out to the other girl. He continued to do dishes to survive hopeful that Melinda will have him back. Whew, another of his absolute devotion to a cause he believed in. Until he signed off on the marriage cert, he believed in it totally.

5. When he hooked up with the new babe, he couldn't go back to Melinda when she came back. His loyalty shifted. I bet if he hadn't committed to the new girl, he would gladly go back to her.

Conclusively, though this guy is a man-child who doesn't mind handouts, he was all devoted to his beliefs: her, his batteries, unemployment, etc. She on the other hand though worked hard and took care of her own, she's got more destructive tendencies than any single person has the right to have. Remember, she by herself spent her money/house on him, ruined her chances of motherhood by driving that car into his trailer, married and stayed married to him despite warnings from her siblings, divorced him despite his resistance, went haywire afterwards when she saw he's finally moved on, attempted to kill and and killed herself.

We've got to be rational and objective with our thought process biko...Melinda own is too much!

7 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by mrjojo: 5:25am On Aug 20, 2018
Every one of them have got faults, albeit the husband owns the lion share of all error.

1. Spoilt - Dude was a lucky man, meeting the lady is the only best thing that ever happened to him. You don't see a lady like that everyday, she did Everything for him , spoilt him in the process.

2 Lazy - He deserves a Guinness book mention, laziest human ever(he didn't even search for a job for over 18 years shocked). Him pursing his dream is such a flagging and enervated excuse.

3 Shameless - He is got no atom of shame, shamelessness is the "oga pata pata" of laziness. How could your wife be taking care of ALL your RESPONSIBILITIES, paying your bills and you were so comfortable ? From buying him a car to feeding and housing him. No even once did he take her out or bought her a simple gift. The lady craziness is ensued by his action and in actions.

4. Dude should have also at least try to get her back after the money came (no human on earth, not even your parents will be that considerate and patient over the years) Yea they were divorced, nothing is stopped him from getting married to her again, she was their through tick and think, it only fair to Atleast try to get her back. Money is not enough "compensation"

5. Showoff - The unnecessary flaunt of wealth and affluent all over the place, doing all what you and your ex wife planned together with another woman, posting everywhere on social media will drive the calmest lady insane.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by Coloredsg(f): 7:01am On Aug 20, 2018
Please note that I am not forcing my personal views on anybody. It's just my opinion and what I think about the movie. Another person might have a different opinion about it.
The two main characters to be blamed are Robert and Melinda.

The Reason why I blame Robert:
I see him as a gold digger and a lazy man.
How can a man be comfortable staying at home while his wife works 2 jobs to fend for the family.
I see him as a man who wants the easy way out.
He doesn't want to stress himself. He wants things to come to him.
I blame Melinda for making him too comfortable because when Melinda finally chased him out, he was forced to get a job in a restaurant to feed himself since he was already out if his comfort zone.

The Reason why I blame Melinda
I blame her for being impatient and too eager to make decision when she is angry.
Her two major problems are anger and being Impatient
A wise man once said "Do not make life changing decisions when you are angry or when you are over excited, for it might ruin you forever".

In Summary:
The major problem was finance which would have been prevented if the man had gotten a job to help the wife out.
Melinda was stressed out from carrying all the responsibilities plus the debt accrued. It affected her emotionally and psychologically.
It turned a sweet naive young girl into a bitter woman.

For those who haven't seen the movie:
You are really missing a lot. It's a must watch for everybody. I bet you will really enjoy the movie.
http://coloredsupergirl..com/2018/08/acrimony-by-tyler-perry-contd.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 20, 2018
Y’all better stop watching movies that are so fcking not realistic. Sorry to burst your bubbles shits like this don’t happen and can’t happen.

Which investor makes you as rich as that I lost interest in the movie the moment he was called back for renegotiation.

BS Movie cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by CAPSLOCKED: 9:53am On Aug 20, 2018
PRESENTATION:
Y’all better stop watching movies that are so fcking not realistic. Sorry to burst your bubbles shits like this don’t happen and can’t happen.

Which investor makes you as rich as that I lost interest in the movie the moment he was called back for renegotiation.

BS Movie cheesy cheesy

MAGIC "BATTERIES" grin

1 Like

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MAGIC "BATTERIES" grin

It was probably JESUS POWERED you know cheesy
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by kristen12(f): 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2018
Robert was just too lazy, too lazy. Mel made him too comfortable. Plus the value of money he gave her would have been equal or even less than she spent when they were younger. He was just a fucking opportunist. I hated him from the beginning of the movie and love how his life ended.

As for Mel, I don't blame her one bit. She went through a lot at that young age and it was late when she discovered her mistake. Some women will do worse.

Her sisters did what they thought was the best. I'm sure people would have still called her stupid if she stuck to the man and the battery didn't sell.

Tyler Perry is the best when it comes to story telling. I love him.

2 Likes

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by afroniger: 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
My own personal takeaways from the movie are as follows:

(1) Never give-up on your dreams: Even when others (including your loved ones) are yet to believe in your dreams or capture your vision, don't just giveup, and don't blame them either because the onus is on you to see things through and prove to them that you knew what you were doing all along, by becoming a success at it. The great inventors and exceptional people of this world were thought to be crazy by friends and loved ones at one point or the other, until they actually succeeded in their pursuits.

(2) Never give-up on your loved ones: Even when you can't really agree with their hustle, always leave the door open to still love them because you never know, they might just prove you wrong in the end by succeeding where you doubt they would, provided they are 'hungry' enough and believe in their goals.

(3) Never give-up on yourself: This to me is the most critical point of all because the moment you stop believing in yourself is the moment your dream will die. You owe it to yourself to keep believing in yourself, moreso after everyone else has stopped. This is the most important and common attribute in all great and exceptional individuals that have achieved and attained greatness in life. There's a thin line between failure and breakthrough. Sometimes it takes just a little of belief in yourself and hanging in there to make the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by Pricelessangel0(f): 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
If you ask me, i will say Robert married Mel out of pity and guilt.
Out of pity because he pitied her that she may never give birth as her womb has been destroyed.
Guilt that he was indirectly responsible for what happened which was led as a catalyst to aggreviating her disorder [anger].
All of them has a role they played, so they all has their own blame.
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by Wilfredpat22(f): 4:02am On Aug 24, 2018
Acrimony is a movie that teaches us how to sleep with men for money
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by MystiqueReine(f): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2018
1-I would rather die than go ride or die for a man

2-Melinda had anger issues she should have worked on

3-Robert is a lazy shamless man like how would you do everything you planned with one woman with another,from the yatch down to the Mf wedding dress and ring.doesn't Diana have her own taste?

PS for those of you that say this thing cannot happen I pray you don't experience something like that

1 Like

Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by WilsonMayowa(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2018
Lovely movie
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by bomasek(m): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2018
Usually Perry film that stereotypes black women;always irrational,bitter and angry
Re: Acrimony Movie Discussion by Ginaz(f): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
The only fault I found in Robert was.... Why didn't he get her back? Someone was with you for 18years , feeding, working, slaving her life for you but you just turned your back cos she divorced you?

Didn't he know she was tired? Angry? Frustrated? desperate For a change in their lives the reason she divorced him?

Now you have achieved your dreams, for he kept saying he wanted to buy her the boat, wanted to give her all the things he promised her. What stopped him from going to her? Fighting for her love back, fulfilling everything he promised?

He just stopped. Never looked back, went to marry Diana. He never looked at the past, the sacrifices, the struggles, the pains. All Melinda passed through cos of him.

When I saw the movie what came to my mind was "how can you Robert just forget everything and move on fast? " how can you forget Melinda so fast? "

For all the patience Melinda shown, Robert couldn't Show on his part. He compensated someone who slaved her life for him and moved on very fast to marry another woman.

Robert is the one to blame. I would be mad like Melinda, who won't be mad? Anyone that says otherwise is not human.

She never gave up on him... Never. She only did at her last straw. For 18 bloody years. She's the hero of the movie.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help Their Marriage Is About To Collapse / Should I Tell? / A Journey Of Eight Years. A nairalander's introduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.