Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:34 AM

Should I Tell? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell? (2368 Views)

Can I Tell My Wife This Little Secret. / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / Ow Do I Deal With My Mum N Uncle? Should I Tell On Them Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Should I Tell? by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 21, 2013
I know this is kinda awkward but few of my fans grin lipsrsealed know how 'village headmistress' I could be most times with my lifestyle and kids esp... So here it goes

So my cranky neighbour's kids came over as usual to play and it was almost supper time , so anyway without beating bout the bush I gave them 3 scoops of ice cream each embarassed without asking their mom first ... Now I'm soo terrified not only cos i break the rule only but I just checked the ice cream bucket and says : it May contain peanut and ( or) other nuts ...

**sigh** should I tell her or just continue with prayer ( I know it sounds crazy) cos I recollect the mom asked me one time I offered them Nigerian food whether it contain peanuts or not before they ate it.

Oh my gosh... I've never been this careless before in my entire life esp with kids. I'm soo scared.

Should I tell?

Disclaimer: # No Debby Downers pls.. constructive posts from people will do.
Re: Should I Tell? by bigtt76(f): 2:21am On Aug 21, 2013
Why not contact the '10' responders directly if you know who they are? #wakapass Mtscheeeeeew grin
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 21, 2013
You should say something. As a mother I would wanno know what friends or family give/gave my child, talk Less of having a child who comes from a family that might have serious allergy issues

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 21, 2013
My kid just facetimed her and they ( neighbours) look okay and no swelling or anything... my heart is pounding... We ( parents) have past unresolved issues but the kids are good. I'll continue praying and start rehearsing my line.
Re: Should I Tell? by vanitty: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2013
Tell o. Some allergic reaction takes a while to manifest. At least, heaven forbid, if IT happens, the mother will know what could be wrong.

It is well and I join my faith with yours, NOTHING will happen to them smiley wink sha tell the parent

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by k2039: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2013
*Speaking as a pastor*.

Just confess you sins, nothing will happen because your intentions were good, just human errors that seldom happen from time to time. Besides nothing will happen to those kids, fear not, summon up courage and face their parents.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by damiso(f): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2013
I think you should tell the parents.Its better for them to know what the issue might be if an allergic reaction does occur.

Its tricky having other people's kids over ojare, you sha cant be giving your kids ice cream and exclude them.abi undecided.Thats why when I drop my kids with people for play dates I try to specifically say things they cant have so as to clear doubts.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by greatgod2012(f): 7:39am On Aug 21, 2013
IMO, I will say its better you tell their parents, even though, nothing is going to happen to the kids but it is good to tell their parents. No need to panic or beating around the bush, just tell her(the mum),"I gave your kisd some scoops of ice cream yesternight and it was after they left I saw in the bucket that peanut is one of the ingredients, hope no problem?"

And that settles it.
It is well, my sister.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 21, 2013
If they had a peanut allergy, you would have known by now.

If the kids had a peanut allergy, they themselves would have been more careful with the food they ingest.

You can tell the parents, so that they know, just in case the kids do suffer an allergic reaction later although I doubt it. These peanut allergies usually happen straight away.

Telling them also gives them a chance for them to let you know if the kids are NOT allergic so next time you know that you can give them peanut ice cream without you worrying about it.

Parents with kids with allergies too should drum it into their kids not to just eat anything they are given. Its a 2 way street.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by lockedOut: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2013
@uju you must feel quite on top of the world with these your holier than thou attitude! If you had enough patience and simple reasoning ability you would have seen where the OP said they (PARENTS) already have issues, which is the primary reason why she does not want to tell the parents so as not to bring up any issue. if she was not concerned she wont come here and seek advice.

I am really refraining myself from insulting you, if you don't have any constructive thing to say move along and don't write anything, its not a race to comment neither is it a must for to comment on all threads. Whatever reason your mind might have conjured to question the Ops upbringing skills is so ill thought of. OP telling her child to help check up on the little kid is just to make sure everything is alright with the kid.

I won't be surprised if you have never seen an allergic reaction before. A piece of advice always read posts well before always jumping to conclusion. if I were you I would probably apologize to the OP for calling her wicked and selfish. Because its an online medium does not give you the audacity to insult people!!!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^^^Mind your business and leave those two to sort themselves out. smiley

@Topic

Facetime or not tell them.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
So I waited till 12:30am , went there and relayed my sins... she told me they already fessed up they had ice cream, I explained the ingredient warning on the tub.

Do y'all know what her reply was ?

''That's okay'' undecided

Just 'okay' and here I was beating myself up all night.

I just grinned forcefully and left , case closed.

Now my conscience is free.

@cc they're quite young, it was my fault... I should've asked before giving them. Who would say no to ice cream after a long bike ride in this hot & humid weather ?

And I think that ice cream get as e be ... I mean who churns peanut products in tiger tiger & vanilla flavour ice cream.

Thanks everybody.
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
greatgod2012: IMO, I will say its better you tell their parents, even though, nothing is going to happen to the kids but it is good to tell their parents. No need to panic or beating around the bush, just tell her(the mum),"I gave your kisd some scoops of ice cream yesternight and it was after they left I saw in the bucket that peanut is one of the ingredients, hope no problem?"

And that settles it.
It is well, my sister.

Exactly how I explained myself and it really did settle it.

Thanks sis. grin
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
chaircover: If they had a peanut allergy, you would have known by now.

If the kids had a peanut allergy, they themselves would have been more careful with the food they ingest.

You can tell the parents, so that they know, just in case the kids do suffer an allergic reaction later although I doubt it. These peanut allergies usually happen straight away.

Telling them also gives them a chance for them to let you know if the kids are NOT allergic so next time you know that you can give them peanut ice cream without you worrying about it.

Parents with kids with allergies too should drum it into their kids not to just eat anything they are given. Its a 2 way street.

@Bolded, Reason why I FaceTime d her to see her face. Phew!

Thanks CC
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
damiso: I think you should tell the parents.Its better for them to know what the issue might be if an allergic reaction does occur.

Its tricky having other people's kids over ojare, you sha cant be giving your kids ice cream and exclude them.abi undecided.Thats why when I drop my kids with people for play dates I try to specifically say things they cant have so as to clear doubts.

Very tricky esp this long summer break .

Thanks sis.
Re: Should I Tell? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lucky You!!!!

But I wonder who in "jungle Africa" will be looking at food & snack ingredients before giving it to kids!!!

Oh my Africa, don't I just love you.......eat anything, anytime anywhere.....worst na running stomach!!!

So cool to be raised in Africa

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
vanitty: Tell o. Some allergic reaction takes a while to manifest. At least, heaven forbid, if IT happens, the mother will know what could be wrong.

It is well and I join my faith with yours, NOTHING will happen to them smiley wink sha tell the parent

Thanks.

I will check on them again this morning before I leave for work.
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please tell,
Touch decision but safety first abeg

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
Royal Roy: Lucky You!!!!

But I wonder who in "jungle Africa" will be looking at food & snack ingredients before giving it to kids!!!

Oh my Africa, don't I just love you.......eat anything, anytime anywhere.....worst na running stomach!!!

So cool to be raised in Africa

grin grin... Yeah lucky me... And I think her response has a lot to do with our relationship.
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
As usual, am always late!

Anyway, since no allergies, next time ask before even giving them water. cheesy

These ppl like permission well well,

To touch a baby, you need permission. Not to talk of feeding him/her.

Me I just dey stay 1 meter to say hello, hi....even though pikin dey choke, I wait for permission before giving water...there wahala too much abeg

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chillisauce: As usual, am always late!

Me I just dey stay 1 meter to say hello, hi....even though pikin dey choke, I wait for permission before giving water...there wahala too much abeg
Lol!
Re: Should I Tell? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chillisauce: As usual, am always late!

lol

(1) (2)

Grandfather Disowns Daughter For Kicking Out Her Gay Son. / What Is More Important? / Abakaliki Women And Manual Labour: How Do You See Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.