Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? (4023 Views)

Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? / Eedris is finally out of Kennis Music (2) (3) (4)

Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Greycells(m): 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
Kennis ain't ripping anybody off,  Ask Nomoreloss, OJB, C-mion and others, they will tell you that Kennis Music is d place to get your due (or take your career to d next level) as a musician in terms of local, regional, continental and intercontinental hype. Showbiz is all about hype,

Kennis posses great business savvy that ,  Luciano (fine boy owner of Question Mark), Predy Wise, Storm Records (owned by Obi Asika), Sound Factory (d label dt went under after releasing Omotola Jalade's debut aiblum), West End (hope d name is right), Ivory Music (old school record label), Premiere Music (old school record label), all lack,

Point to the superstars made by all these preppy record labels in the last 10 years of music in Nigeria, 

Kennis has to its credit the likes of ,

Paul Play Dairo (now has his own label)
Eedris
Tony Tetuila
Tuface Idibia

If other labels are able to make a commercial success of their artistes like Kennis Music, then the music industry would have developed far beyond what we have today,

Even as i do not like the Kennis Music style,  It works and I am sure of what I am saying,  Tu Face's manager, Joice knows so,

In spite of the hype that accompanied the debut of Obi Asika led Storm Music,  the label is yet to take the careers of Dare Art ALade, Sahasa, Gt d Guitar Man and Jazzman Olofin to the next level,

Yes, Kennis' primetime entertainment may be messed, their music marketing savvy is almost unparalleled in Nigeria and West Africa's music industry, 

Remember, they single-handedly made music CD piracy less attractive by crashing the price of CDs some years back,

Kennis dey rip artistes off abi? Ask Tu Face about d Lincoln Navigator wey Bros pass on to him, ask him about d N20 million naira Guiness deal; ask him about d MTV Base deal,  and so on and so forth,  abeg another story

I hate Kennis, I love Kennis, I hate Kennis, I love Kennis,
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Voices1: 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2007
yesoooo! Kennies gives you what you need, stardom. It's simple, thier standard is clearly defined. It's either take it or leave it. They do not force any body to sign. If the see you as a product they can make profit with, they go for you, make a deal. They only make due with the profit of thier hussling, why any body dey vex. Abeeg!

I hope thier eyes or thier ear will catch this guy, Treeze, Wadamo will become an anthem like yahoooooozeeeeee, yahooooozeeeeee!
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by PrinceT2: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2007
Next pride for Kennis music , hm, hm i cant really say.Sound sultan is really making wave,Olu maintain is not bad.Well let's wait and see what they're cooking.Kennis music have transformed entertainment industry in no small measure,this is not juju but they have what it takes. Let's work hard to surpass them.
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by shescute4(f): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2007
kennis music ain't ripping anybody off.those who have gone to them didn't do so with their eyes closed i believe.
then again if one goes into buziness,its primarily to make profit.and kennis won't be an exception.kennis music should be given there dues in nigeria's entertainment industry of today because they started the revolution.so contract or no contract:let he who it pays go ahead with eyes wide open.  winkkennis music
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Greycells(m): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2007
@PrinceT

Talking about Sound Sultan,  his stuff is not very very commercial.

Sultan is a bundle of talent that would thrive under a management that is capable of promoting art music.. Kennis promotes commercial music.

Sultan's crowd are the Jazzhole, Didi Museum, Goethe, British Council, French Cultural Centre ot Terra Kulture type. He is not a mass-market artiste.

But u will agree wit me that he is far far better-off than he was while with Nelson Brown's Dove Media.
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by temia: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2007
olodo people, u dont knw that d new hot cake 4 kennis musik is olumaintain abi?its olu maintain my pples cheesy
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by snrapostle: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2007
i dey love you guys at nairaland you guys are the BOMB abi na granite any thing provided it is not knock out.kenny or kennis what ever, has done more than good to the industry,they awakened the already dead industry,2 face o or wenda 9 3 face kennis music will be number one,come to think of it this guys made artiste like idris, rasqui, even peeople without musical talent such as tony tetula,kenny st brown,etc to limelight,back to question to d at hand i know the next guy is OLU dont be surprise if olu carts all award(s),2 face is not the best hip hop we have in the country but for hype and managerial skills of kennis music,more elbows to your grease or the other way round.gbam
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Kabidoye(m): 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2007
yeah. heard Mr Olu maintain joined kennis after his shake up with Bamoh. If its true, he should be the next.
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by mellow(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2007
could be me. Who knows[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by makavele: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
MAKAVELE will make KENNIS MUSIC cry or laugh, it depends on their disposition!
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2008
Kennis music all d way.
I think y'all should get somethin straight,tony tetuila,rasqie,eedris abdulkareem,eddy remedy are all common artist,there nothin spectacular about them but yet they made name been on kennis music.
So y d beef if someone is making money.u can also talk about the eminem contract with aftermath,where he recieves 10% which is better than some 50%bullshit.
Baba Keke.I dey gbadun u.
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by 9ja4eva: 4:42am On Apr 12, 2008
What is Kennis?

Dem get musicans
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by amylizzy(f): 9:44pm On May 01, 2008
[/quote]
[quote]
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by amylizzy(f): 9:45pm On May 01, 2008
[tony tetuila more like tila tequilla  grin/quote]
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by iz2much: 6:27pm On May 14, 2008
Awilo
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by mrjuwon: 2:04am On May 15, 2008
Ya B is the next pride of Kennis Music. Check him out here in his song with 2Face - http://www.worldfamousnaijablog.com/2008/05/its-hot-out-there-is-enough-for-naeto-c.html

Yeah Kennis music odgy small but it seems they know how to promote and market compared to some nusance labels in Nigeria dat act as if they did not know you can sell digi downloads. Kennis Music was one of the early takes of digi downloads. So where 9ice's certificate was sellin 250 naira er copy in Nigeria, Kennis music was selling one track for the same amount (exchaneg rate). They did not just get rich doing Naija alone.

oh well kudos to them
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by musicfan: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2009
Anybody heard about Obesere signing on their label?
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Heymus(m): 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
So u guys wil tel me u don't knw jay-won
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Heymus(m): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2010
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Heymus(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Heymus(m): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
Re: Who Is The Next Pride Of Kennis Music? by Heymus(m): 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2010

"word War One" Words Of Mass Destruction / Nairaland Artiste XPLORA Drops A New Single / Lyrics: Olamide – Awon Goons Mi