Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) (1289 Views)

Please I Need Explanation Of This Express.js Code / How To Use Pay Stack To Accept International Payments. / I Need Your Explanation Here Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) by Whytelyon(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
How does this NIBBS stuff work? Like How am i supposed to go about it.
Does NIBBS work on only when i want to make Payments for Interbank (Like for instance from First Bank to Zenith) or does it work for Both Intra and Inter transfers ? I am very confused here about this and hence i wanted to ask this on here to know how i would go about convincing my clients

Do let me know.
Re: NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) by ToyinDipo(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2018
Whytelyon:
How does this NIBBS stuff work? Like How am i supposed to go about it.
Does NIBBS work on only when i want to make Payments for Interbank (Like for instance from First Bank to Zenith) or does it work for Both Intra and Inter transfers ? I am very confused here about this and hence i wanted to ask this on here to know how i would go about convincing my clients

Do let me know.
It works for both
Re: NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) by CodeTemplar: 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
ToyinDipo:

It works for both
I believe it works for inter-bank settlement as the name suggests. If it works for both then it is serving as a unnecessary stopover for intra-bank settlements. Why will FirstBank or Zenith want to go through their network provider then head to NIBBS before heading to their server when they can head straight for their server.
Re: NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) by Whytelyon(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I believe it works for inter-bank settlement as the name suggests. If it works for both then it is serving as a unnecessary stopover for intra-bank settlements. Why will FirstBank or Zenith want to go through their network provider then head to NIBBS before heading to their server when they can head straight for their server.

Exactly what I was thinking. Was thinking it was only for payments outside the bank. Not intra transfers. By the way, why would a bank want NIBBS to have access to the transfers within a bank, they'd also want to retrieve something related to account statements from NIBBS then? Still thinking here
Re: NIBBS Payments Explanation (intra And Inter Payments) by Whytelyon(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2018
I think this settles my answer here

https://nibss-plc.com.ng/company-overview/

Especially here

"NIBSS has put in place modern world-class infrastructures for handling inter-bank payments in order to remove potential bottlenecks associated with inter-bank funds transfer and settlement. "

(1) (Reply)

I'm suffering from tutorial hell, I need help please!!? / Niit Urgent / Front-end And Back-end Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.