Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,775 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:54 AM

Election In Rivers State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Election In Rivers State (229 Views)

House Of Representative Primary Election In Oshodi/isolo Constituency 1 Results: / Warri Ugheli Road Lock Down Due To Election In Delta State / Accident Involving Rivers State Athletes' Bus. Many Injured (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Election In Rivers State by KingsleyOnwuka: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2018
On a radio program i was listening to yesterday, a caller said he was nursing the interest of going into politics but after hearing the heavy shooting that went on during the Saturday by-election in Port Harcourt he has advised himself to forget about politics and focus on his business. I was amused by that. I know that electoral violence has become something that cannot be divorced from politics in Nigeria, more so in some particular parts of the country, but I think the heavy shooting that characterized the Saturday bye-election in Port Harcourt was not necessary. If anybody has federal might and wants to show it, all he needs to do is surround everywhere with heavily armed security operatives and suppress his adversary to make it impossible for them to do anything, and then have the process twisted to his advantage. In 2011 when the then strong man of Abia politics vowed that his political son and successor was not going to have a second tenure, what the higher powers did was very simple; I learnt that an armoured tank was positioned almost in front of the strong man's popular estate in his village on the election day. I don't know whether he was even able to go out and cast his own vote, but the election went on peacefully and there was no shooting. Election is not war! Election is just an exercise to effect a change of leadership. Most of you my friends and course mates are boys to some of these politicians, and you interact closely with them. Please pass this message to them, and also imbibe it as an upcoming politician: you shouldn't attempt to kill to win election, not for the sake of making heaven or avoiding hell, but based on CONSCIENCE. If you were killed before now, how would you be able to even nurse the ambition for which you're ready kill? Please, other human beings deserve to live and to also aspire to become something, just as you do.

(1) (Reply)

3D Videos For Your Business, Products And Services / Diary Of A Nigerian Hustler 1 / Nokia 8 @ 44% Discount On Konga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.