Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) (23223 Views)

FSARS, Anti-cultism Officers Rob Lagos Businessman Of N200,000 / Two Fake Customs Auctioneers Defraud Lagos Businessman Of N4.3m (Photo) / Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by iGist: 5:10am On Aug 22, 2018
GISTMORE.COM

Some suspected fraudsters have allegedly defrauded a United States-based Nigerian businessman, James Okolo, of N33m.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the Anambra State indigene, who owned a company, C & J Majesty Global Trading Company Limited, had visited the country for a business.

A friend of his was alleged to have introduced him to Ogbonyomi Taiye, who claimed to be a licensed oil dealer in the country.

Our correspondent gathered that after the duo signed a Memorandum of Understanding on February 2, 2018, Okolo paid $80,000 (N28.8m) to Taiye for crude oil.

The money was said to be part payment for shipment of two million barrels of Bonny Light Crude Oil, as the parties agreed that an additional $40,000 would be paid upon a successful delivery of the product.

The vessel purportedly conveying the oil was allegedly diverted to India.

Okolo, who spoke to our correspondent, said he petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, over the case.

The victim lamented that efforts to recover his funds had been abortive.

He said, “Uzoma (friend), a man I trusted brought Engineer Taiye, who said he would deliver petroleum products to my company through the official channel. He said we would have to charter a vessel.

“He gave us the name of the vessel and other particulars. With the way the communication was going, we thought we were dealing with an honest person. He went as far as signing an agreement with us and that was how we got convinced that he was real.

“But immediately the money was transferred, things went wrong. He said he would pay back the money, but since February, when this incident happened, we have not got our money back.

“I called Engineer Taiye and he made me to stay in a hotel for three months, spending about N5m. When he was arrested, the police brought me back to Nigeria and despite spending more time and money; I did not get back the money.”

The 50-year-old said it was the second time he would be allegedly defrauded in two years.

“I came to provide jobs for the less privileged in Nigeria, but it is unfortunate that this is happening. It appears that scammers don’t want foreigners and Nigerians abroad to help the less privileged.

“Engineer Taiye claimed to be a petroleum dealer with regular allocation from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. Uzoma was the one who introduced him to me. I am worried because this is not giving us a good image abroad and my business partners have been on my neck,” he added.

A police source said Uzoma was the first to be arrested and arraigned, adding that Taiye was arrested in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on July 13, 2018.

It was gathered that after the arrest of Taiye, another businessman, Dr Godknows Itamunaola, surfaced at the SCIID and allegedly said the suspect had equally defrauded him.

“In the course of investigation, it was discovered that the suspect is a serial fraudster. On June 23, he defrauded one Dr Godknows Itamunaola of the sum of N1.3m,” the source added.

The Kogi State indigene was subsequently arraigned before an Ebute-Meta Magistrates’ Court on two separate charges of fraud.

The first charge read in part, “That you, Ogbonyomi Bartholomew Taiye, and others at large, on February 12, 2018, on Ariyo Street, in the Ejigbo area of Lagos State, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony, to wit: obtaining money under false pretences, stealing and issuance of dud cheque….

“That you, Ogbonyomi Bartholomew Taiye, and others at large, on the same date, time and place, in the aforementioned magisterial district, with intent to defraud, did obtain the sum of N33.8m from one James Okolo of C & T Majesty Global Trading Co. Limited under the pretence of supplying Bonny Light Crude Oil to him, a representation you knew to be false….”

The police prosecutor, Cyril Ajiofor, said the offences were punishable under sections 411, 314 and 280 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2015.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges and elected summary trial.

The magistrate, A.O. Komolafe, admitted him to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties each in like sum.

The case was adjourned till September 17, 2018.

Source >>> http://gistmore.com/fraudsters-defraud-us-based-businessman-n33million-photo

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by iGist: 5:10am On Aug 22, 2018
sad
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:11am On Aug 22, 2018
The 50-year-old said it was the second time he would be allegedly defrauded in two years.
I came to provide jobs for the less privileged in Nigeria, but it is unfortunate that this is happening. It appears that scammers don’t want foreigners and Nigerians abroad to help the less privileged

Beware.
Beware And Becareful next time

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by dingbang(m): 5:17am On Aug 22, 2018
Sorry
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by simplyhonest(m): 5:18am On Aug 22, 2018
scammers keep destroying the reputation of hardworking Nigerian business men and women.... this is eroding investors confidence.... so sad....

15 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 22, 2018
This is unfortunate. Bad names everywhere.

Afonjas and Igbos damaging our image everywhere.

Igbo Amaka, Yoruba amaka.

21 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54am On Aug 22, 2018
To you above......

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by OneCorner: 6:06am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70494873:
To you above......

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM
Izzit ur tribalism

Afonja teaching us bad tin since 1960

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:08am On Aug 22, 2018
OneCorner:

Izzit ur tribalism

Afonja teaching us bad tin since 1960
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Nightmareo07: 6:45am On Aug 22, 2018
The head is cone. ..So U already know the tribe grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Nightmareo07: 6:46am On Aug 22, 2018
Arrest him
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70494873:
To you above......

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

35 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by gaby(m): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2018
Useless old man. At your age you still don't understand the evil of reaping where you haven't sown and the resultant karma.

Click on my siggy for the waka waka mans story and to know how karma works.

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Kira290(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
I know things are hard but this is wickedness abeg... undecided...a fellow Nigerian..haba..some guys can be heartless
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by bedspread: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
The Hunter Has become the Hunted!!
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Primusinterpares(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
Fruadstars make una stop na... abeg...

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by emmabest2000(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
Mr Okolo sorry you didn’t learn anything from WILSON ORUMA’S case

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Macopol01(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
Flat head on this again grin

8 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Temptee101(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
Afonjas have succeeded in nailing what is left of this shytehole finally to the cross.

Afonja waec result

Skull mining A1
Fraud A1
Kidnapping B2
Rape A1
Drug abuse A1
Thuggery B2
Ritual killing A1
Yahoo plus A1
419 A1

They are really blessed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by aguiyi2: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
To do business with a fellow Nigerian is a big risk these days. Beware of the bible quoting ones mostly.

5 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by horsepower101: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
He trusted a yoruba man with his hard earned money.

The naive igbo fool: let me invest in my country Nigeria

Hateful and jealous yoruba man: f&$k this igbo fool, I will take his money with my sufferistication

8 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by klax(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
Bro stop going into all these oil business stuffs so many innocent Nigerians has fell a deadly victim of game like we gave oil, we sell oil we have oil block nonsense. I pity the man he will learn in a bitter way now.

And for the fraudster one day is for the thief and one day for the owner either you like it or not Mr yahoo your day of reckoning will surely come and sorry oo eeyah will be your new name then.
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by onyidon22(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
Yoruba amaka

6 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by naijapips04: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
iAudio:
This is unfortunate. Bad names everywhere.

Afonjas and Igbos damaging our image everywhere.

Igbo Amaka, Yoruba amaka.

grin
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by iamTP: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
His name should be Ocone

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by millionboi(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hmmmm

That's why wen I hear sai ...,.man dat ur guy don hit oooo

I will ask qtn

Bcoz real money only grow with time
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Sorry sir.
Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Pojomojo: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY!
*Our Phones - Wireless

*Cooking - Fireless

*Cars - Keyless

*Food - Fatless

*Tyres - Tubeless

*Tools - Cordless

*Dress - Sleeveless

*Youth - Jobless

*Leaders - Shameless

*Relationships -Meaningless

*Attitude - Careless

*Wives - Fearless

*Babies - Fatherless

*Feelings - Heartless

*Education - Valueless

*Children - Mannerless

PARLIAMENT- CLUELESS

MASSES - HELPLESS
Everything is becoming LESS​ but our hope in
God is - Endless​.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Defraud Us-based Businessman Of N33million (photo) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Burglars Caught, Locked Up In Satellite Police Station, Lagos. PHOTOS / Man, 42, Arraigned For Stealing 26 Crates Of Beer / A Notorious Kidnapper Nnadi Daniel Arrested By Police In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.