Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions (11846 Views)

Loading All Gift Cards : Instant Pay / Zenith Bank Upgrades Its *966*0# Account Opening USSD Service / Zenith Bank Upgrades Its *966*0# Account Opening USSD Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Kylekent59: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2018
kullozone:
UBA debited my account too oh! I jus dey laff them because e don tey wey I cause wahala... Make I reach the bank fess, una go see my action video for NL.

Full moviesmiley

When your action video starts, don't be surprised when a lady walks in and asks you how much you gat in your dam account that is making you vibrate. Before you know it every where will be calm and all eyes are on you,then you feel as if you have run mad grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by iheartellah(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
I was affected by this thing too, I really hope they are doing something about it.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by kullozone(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2018
Kylekent59:

When your action video starts, don't be surprised when a lady walks in and asks you how much you gat in your dam account that is making you vibrate. Before you know it every where will be calm and all eyes are on you,then you feel as if you have run mad grin grin grin

The good thing is that I'm always MAD. I'll knock the lady out before she utters the first word.

But she'll fall in love if she eventually gets to see my account balance sha...

I nor dey play when e konsign money ohsmiley
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Ruthluv4(f): 9:10am On Aug 22, 2018
if any Bank refuse to send u ur money, jst go to CBN n go to the customer stand n complain n ur money will be returned.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by poweredcom(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2018
Sakamanje
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Femeto: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2018
Are you for real?
Ruthluv4:
if any Bank refuse to send u ur money, jst go to CBN n go to the customer stand n complain n ur money will be returned.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Ruthluv4(f): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2018
Femeto:
Are you for real?
yes dear v sure, go to CBN n complain
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by mayze: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Ruthluv4:
Keep deceiving yourself..as if it's the bank that's holding the money..money thats hanigng between the 2 banks due to nibss' issue.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70495926:
That is MASSIVE!

We wonder how many relationships will be on the brink of collapse since yesterday with ALL these failed transactions!!

Naija babes, biko, make una understand with una bobos as una don see dis news now o!
No be dem fault, Biko!! wink cheesy

Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=Fukafuka post=70500667][/quote]
Lol cheesy
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Bimpe29: 10:49am On Aug 22, 2018
Nigeria jaga jaga.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by leksymaxy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
May God help us
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by seangy4konji: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
To much money I no deh go bank oo. Lol...na d people weh wan pay me na him be problem to top up..

Ugly boiz like us we e no deh go bank..

Na their manager deh rush/knack us.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Ruthluv4(f): 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
mayze:

Keep deceiving yourself..as if it's the bank that's holding the money..money thats hanigng between the 2 banks due to nibss' issue.
if u don't want to then leave it,
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by DBlackCeazer(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
Gtb have my 2k5,guess mine is better
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by YhungPablo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
GisterBlogger:
GISTMORE.COM

Bank customers experienced 278,966 failed electronic payment transactions on the Nigeria Interbank Settlement System Instant Pay platform on Tuesday.

The NIP, an online real-time product that facilitates instant payment of bills on accounts, as of 5.40pm on Tuesday, recorded a total volume of 5.43 million transactions, according to live updates provided by the NIBSS.

Analysis of the live electronic payment data indicated that a failure rate of 5.15 per cent was recorded on the platform.

The NIP has been adjudged as the most preferred platform for electronic payment having grossed more transactions in monetary terms than the National Electronic Funds Transfer, Point of Sales and e-Bills Payment over the years.

The statistics also showed that PoS transactions carried out by retailers in the country also had a high failure rate of 11.41 per cent as of 5.40pm on the same day, out of a total transaction volume of 569,838.

The live updates showed that the volume of failed transactions on PoS stood at 65,064 at the same time.

On Tuesday, being the first day of the Eid-El-Kabir celebration, the NIP recorded the highest volume of transactions at 105,849 by 12.20pm, while electronic payment on PoS peaked at 10.10am, recording a volume of 10,721.

Data on the e-payment platform efficiency showed the destination banks for electronic payment contributed the most to failed NIP transactions between July 20 and August 10, 2018.

For the 21 days under review, the data indicated that the NIBSS platform had not in any way contributed to the failed NIP transactions, while the contribution of the customers to declined transactions had remained stable at 0.1 per cent.

Stakeholders in the industry have attributed the high rate of failed transactions on PoS to poor network and payment systems that use multiple SIM cards, while WiFi, or Local Area Network have been developed to address this.

Commenting on the factors responsible for the failed transactions, the Head, Corporate Communications, NIBSS, Lilian Phido, recently said that unsuccessful transactions could be traced to network issues in the banks, insufficient funds in the customers’ accounts or problems on the NIBSS platform.

She stated, “There are many parties associated with a typical transaction. The bank, customers and the NIBSS are involved. If the customer doesn’t have money in his or her account, or the account is lean, the transaction will fail.

“If the bank is having network issues, the transaction will fail at that moment. If the NIBSS platform is down, then the platform will not work in all the banks, not just one bank. This is very rare because it means the platform will not work in any of the banks.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/sallah-banks-recorded-278966-failed-instant-pay-transactions/amp/

I sent 15k to my wife. Up till now she hasn't seen it. She thought the money has bounce bank. And I'm also thinking she has seen the alert. But I'm sure she hasn't. Will she later get the money after 21 days as read in the post on what to do please :
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by DeeCherry(f): 3:28am On Aug 31, 2018
Ruthluv4:

Hi, please how do I go about this? I'm growing impatient.
I'd be glad if you could be of help.
Re: Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions by Ruthluv4(f): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2018
DeeCherry:

Hi, please how do I go about this? I'm growing impatient.
I'd be glad if you could be of help.
Go to CBN branch in ur state n explain to them

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUA Cement Releases Financial Results For Q1, 2020, Records N20.1 Billion Profit / As A Next Of Kin, How Do I Close a deceased Bank Account? / Oil Soars Past $100 After Russia Orders Troops Into Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.