Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful (1241 Views)

Another ATM Scam By Ecobank! / How We Will Take Coins From ATM - Pic / This Happened To A Friend Of Mine....scam Alert, Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2010
Be careful, there is a big ATM scam that is going on now. you will receive a message in your box from Fake
CBN NIGERIA or from your Bank, subject: ATM DEACTIVATION NOTIFICATION. Instructing you to register your ATM CARD by filling in your card information. this is how the message look like:
Dear Valued ATM Card Holder,

All banks have upgraded the security profile of their cards and will now only issue EMV compliant cards.

To this end,all ATM machines will stop the processing of magnetic stripe cards (Old ATM Cards) by JULY 13th, 2010.

By this date, all customers are expected to have migrated to the new EMV compliant cards.

You are requested to migrate now to our available brands of EMV compliant Verve and Visa cards offer. Mastercard brands will be available soon.

Follow the link below to migrate

https://cenbank.org/emv/migrate.aspx

You are also advised to make sure all information entered are accurate and for your EMV Card application to be received:

Affiliated Banks(GTBank,UBA, Skybank, BankPHB,Zenith, Access Bank,Intercontinental Bank PLC, Diamond Bank,Stanbic IBTC Bank,Africa Bank PLC,Oceanic Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank)

Signed: The Central Bank of Nigeria

do not register with them they are frudstars, they have dupe many people through this system. the CBN WEBSITE is not real (https://cenbank.org/emv/migrate.aspx) you can check for your self by visiting the official website of CBN (www.cenbank.org)
plssss be warned.
Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
this is the front page of the fake CBN WEBSITE.

Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2010
while this is the front page of the official (original) website

if you have filled such form better go and report to your bank immediately before it will be too late for you.

Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2010
the difference is clear from the two websites angry
Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by zugoboss(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
This fraudsters neither sleep nor slumber,always upgrading.
Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2010
Moderators pls push the message to the front page le t every body be aware. Thanks
Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 5:40am On Jun 26, 2010
angry
Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by dominique(f): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
i get messages like this all the time, even from banks i don't operate. i can't help but feel sorry for the gullible people that fall for these scams.
Re: New Atm Scam Alert Be Careful by sizzlers(m): 6:24am On Jun 27, 2010
anybody that read this should pass it should pass it on.

(1) (Reply)

190 madness (pix Attached) / A Thread For March 24th Birthday Celebrants / Macheeda: My Daughter Have Not Seen Me Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.