Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors (17601 Views)

BBNaija: Laycon Performs His Song 'Awa Fierce' As Housemates Dance / Bbnaija: So Laycon Featured Chinko Ekun, Reminisce In Fierce (video) / We Weren't Prepared For Fierce Battle With Competitors - TSTV Addresses Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by DavidEsq(m): 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
tommykiwi:
Every day one story to the other from dis TSTV guys, if you guys are not ready to commence make una allow us rest abeg.
They are talking of subscribers. Pls who know any subscriber. Me I've not seen anyone o undecided
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by goaldynboy: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
peeps4u:
These TSTV guys aren't serious, they are only using emotion and lies to try market their products. isn't in this same competitions we are having kwese, start times who are already buying some rights away from DSTV?
TSTV thought they could air all these leagues illegally by cutting corners, they didn't tell us how BEin sports blocked them when they showed one uefa cup match illegally last season?
If they have contract with BEin sport as they claim, why can't they start showing all this while they were doing test transmission?
Where exactly are enemies fighting TSTV? Is to to come live? NO, as they had been broadcasting free to air for months before they left?
Is it to broadcast matches? If kwese and star times can buy rights of some league and matches and DSTV can't stop them, why will DSTzv stop TSTV when they can't stop kwese and the rest?
TSTV, just like APC has been living on lies and deceiving Nigerians, looking for one to hold responsible for their failures.
HAVE WE ALL SO FORGOTTEN SO SOON THE LIES TSTV DISHED OUT WHEN BEIN BLOCKED THEM THAT THEY WERE AIRING A MATCH ILLEGALLY? TSTV LIED ABOUT BEING HACKED, WHY HAVE THEY REFUSED TO AIR MATCHES SINCE THEN FROM BEIN SPORT? THEY ALSO PROMISED WC MATCHES, BUT HAD TO JOIN KWES AND NTA TO SHOW FEW AND SELECTED WC MATCHES AND WENT OFF AIR BEFORE WC ENDED

cooldood:
When someone like me analyzed the emergence of TSTV last year and categorically said they are not ready for real business and they will likely be kicked out soon, some people came for my head. Now almost 1 year after all the ill-timed announcement and poor preparation for war (a sector where there is a big monopoly player), it is one story or the other.

I de here de watch sha.

xtervaganza:
Idiots are always with victims mentality. Shouting god up and down won't give you sh1t.

Senseless people everywhere. From the rubbish statement you know they will flop again like they did at 1st

Koshidanu

nokingasgod:
Right from day one you could tell they are just dumb and lousy about it. You could see they lacked basic understanding of the terrain they wanted to wade into. They went to town to talk about hatching a peacock egg that would be sold at the price of a day old broiler when they don't even know which bird's egg it was they had.

When the discerning warned compatriots to thread carefully, they were termed unpatriotic, earning rain of abuses. That is our approach to all issues and a major reason why we are where we are.

Teeboi56:
Beware TSTV na scarm oooo
Since last year October

peeps4u:

Thanks for this picture, couldn't remember the match but I knew it was uefa cup match they aired illegally which saw them blocked by beIN sport but TSTV and their agents in their usual lies and deceits said their systems were hacked.

It is gullible Nigerians I blame.

MicroSweet:
TSTV is synonymous with wailing and Wailers

Kai! See DSTV Agents all over this thread! They have already infested this thread like flies following shit!

From the bile they spew you know!!

As for me I'm enjoying TSTV and Nigcomsat right now free of charge with over 80 HD channels via 42.5° East!!!
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by nokingasgod: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=TundeBricklayer post=70542022][/quote]

Interesting, Since you have decided to chose the Selective Perception route, let me help you a bit. Fault me if you can;

1. The Chairman of the board of Multichoice Nigeria, the owner of DSTV Nigeria, is a Nigerian called, Adewunmi Ogunsanya.There are several other Nigerian in the top management and several others are on the employ of the company. So, Multichoice Nigeria is still not Nigerian enough by your understanding?

2. Nigerian Breweries PLC, formerly Nigerian Breweries Limited is being owned by the Dutch with over 60% through Heineken Heineken Brouwerijen B.V (37.73%) and Distilled Trading International BV(16.36%). Stanbic Nominees Nigeria Limited own 15.53% and other individuals & institutions, 30.38%. I hope you know that the Brand Stanbic is South African too?
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by goaldynboy: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

You and your likes are many reasons Nigeria will never grow, make more enquiry what South Africans did when Walmart and other firms were planning to enter SA.
Today in Nigeria, same South African has taking over Nigeria cable TV, leading in retail stores, they are the owners of shoprite, GAME, PEP etc, they owned the largest telecom industries in Nigeria MTN, they manage many international hotels in Nigeria for example Protea hotel, La Golden tulip, BON etc, same with banks, IBTC, Standard Chartered bank etc, we consum their products wears, foods, fruits, drinks even ordinary ice fish in local markets come from South African, here is indigenous cable TV tstv that is trying to come up same South African in our country connived with our corrupt politics frustrating them and ignorant ones like you instead of supporting your own you are here condemning them, tomorrow when DSTV is ripping you off with high charges, you will not know you are the cause of your misery, I hope you haven't forgotten how MTN ripped Nigerians off when they came until Glo came crashed the market for them, go and write it on they wall another Nigeria company that will soon go down is Nigeria brewery company, South African brewery (Sabmiller now AB InBev) in few weeks time will commission their biggest brewery in west African in Nigeria, the one the opened in the east is seriously affecting NBC, their products such as: Star beer, Golder etc are gradually going down, now this new one, we should embrace to say goodbye to NBC soon because of our moronic leaders and followers, giant of African my foot, have a great day.

Cc: gr8tone,Teeboi56

Thanks Bro!

You have said it all!
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by goaldynboy: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
nokingasgod:

Mr Bricklayer your ignorance is so so sickening. In what ways should the government have supported TSTV more than what they did? Oh, they should have arbitrarily issued the marching order to DSTV and other local competitors all because of TSTV and allowed the industry to standstill until TSTV is ready to get their acts right.

Ours is an open economy and there is nothing wrong in international brands berthing here as long as they play by the rules.

If Globacom could take on MTN and still stand strong, the question is why is it that no Nigerian businessman is willing to invest in a local brand that would favourably compete with DSTV? The answer is simple, a typical Nigerian investor is interested in the short term ROI, he's rarely willing to invest and nurture a brand over the long haul. It took DSTV over three decades to get to the level they are today and even at that, they keep evolving. So in your view, government should have outlawed the likes of Shoprite, Games, SAB etc all in the name of ''supporting our own'' even if they are mediocre levels. O level Commerce and or Economics should have opened yous eyes better.

Please tell us since you are in the know, how did the South Africans in ''our country connived with corrupt politics'' to frustrate TSTV?

And by the way, what made Nigerian Breweries a Nigerian company and made Multichoice a non Nigerian company? It is the era of information super highway, ignorance is no longer an excuse, it is more than a sin, it is curse!

Even Kids know that it was DSTV that killed HiTv and you are still asking how DSTV connived with corrupt politicians to frustrate TSTV?! From the press release of TSTV can't you read between the lines?! You are also not aware of the Court case between DSTV and Communication Trends (CTL) until the Court ruled that CTL should limit their operations to Southeast and Southsouth? Why was DSTV fighting CTL if not to continue their monopoly!

Multi choice/DSTV had it easy when they started because they were the pioneers of cable pay TV in Africa! So you saying that it took DSTV three decades to get to where they are today is a mundane talk! That is never a justification to trample on sprouting indigenous companies!!

Oga park well joorrr!!

2 Likes

Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by tommykiwi(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
olisaemeka1:
You seriously do not know how a business runs in Nigeria ....I'm pretty sure if you did you will appreciate at least their point of view ....ask your self what happened to HI-TV....

I'm very sure they would have learnt their lessons now ..and kissed the feet of a very big god father
Mr man, you dat knows educate me please. So there should not be any competition with them, so dey can be running a monopoly business abi?
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by TundeBricklayer: 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
nokingasgod:

Interesting, Since you have decided to chose the Selective Perception route, let me help you a bit. Fault me if you can;

1. The Chairman of the board of Multichoice Nigeria, the owner of DSTV Nigeria, is a Nigerian called, Adewunmi Ogunsanya.There are several other Nigerian in the top management and several others are on the employ of the company. So, Multichoice Nigeria is still not Nigerian enough by your understanding?

2. Nigerian Breweries PLC, formerly Nigerian Breweries Limited is being owned by the Dutch with over 60% through Heineken Heineken Brouwerijen B.V (37.73%) and Distilled Trading International BV(16.36%). Stanbic Nominees Nigeria Limited own 15.53% and other individuals & institutions, 30.38%. I hope you know that the Brand Stanbic is South African too?

Pascal Dozie is the chairman MTN Nigeria it doesn't change the fact that MTN is a South African company just like Mutichoice, NBC was founded in Nigeria headquarters in Nigeria.
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by gr8tone: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
goaldynboy:

Thanks Bro!

You have said it all!
misquoted,
Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
TSTV started with LIES just to get the sentiments of Nigerians. They knew they were not capable of what they promised, but when we talked then a lot of people called us enemies of progress. And now they have come again with LIES trying to play the victims to get the sentiments of Nigerians. But this time around a lot of Nigerians have wised up and don't care anymore, even though some are still believing their LIES. Why are other pay tvs like Startimes and Kwese not trying to play victims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TStv Laments Fierce Battle With Competitors by OLUWABIG(m): 6:26am On Dec 10, 2019
Pipuls Tv as started their own lies too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Transporter Refueled 2015 Download Full / BBNaija: Omashola Wins Veto Power Game of Chance / Nollywood Or Igbowood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.