Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years (7105 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by zarah(f): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2007
I have a very good friend (male), who has been married for 7years just found out that his wife has been living with him under false pretences, she is SUPPOSED to have gotten her University degree long before they got married, but he just found out that she does not have a degree at all.

They have two beautiful kids, and what pains him is that he accepted her health status, and married her knowing fully well that she has sicle cell anaemia. and now this.

I would tell him to kick her sick arse to the curb, but emmm i am kainda sensitive on trust issues, and can be irrational.

so you tell me what to do. the guy can't sleep at night and am worried about him.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by LagosChild(f): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2007
so - does he love her? would he love her less because she lied or because she doesnt have a degree? Thank God she hasnt lied to him about the real father of their kids - which some women do - so he should count his wounds and if she loves him - oh well, and he loves her, forgive and forget, kicking her out will do no good, what about the kids? above all, who knows if she will meet someone else who is worse than telling him a lie about her educational status?
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by spoilt(f): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2007
are you saying that if she didnt have a university degree he wouldnt have married her? shocked
im just kidding! grin she has to come clean with any other lies under her belt because truly your lies will always find you out no matter how long it takes. undecided
granted she lied! fine. but she has been good enough for him up until now. what difference should it make because he has discovered she doesnt have the almighty univesity degree? (not that having a degree makes for a better wife but that's another whole new thread all together)
he should encourage her to further her education and move ahead instead of whining over the issue.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2007
This lady is a disgrace to us women angry angry

How the hell will she lie to the man, she said I DO to for 7yrs

how can u sleep, wake up, make lie to the person for 7yrs and still lie

And she had 2 kids for this man, how are we sure those are is kids.

If she can lie for 7yrs, what else can't she lie about.

I hate nor can i stand liars, if a person lies to me once am done with that person.

And i don't think he should kick her to the curb, to late for that now.

She needs him badly now.

It's a shame what some women do, to destory this men's man

This are why some men will never trust women.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by LagosChild(f): 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2007
@OmoEko

story - how many lies do we tell that goes unnoticed for ever?
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2007
Well those are little white lies.

U can't just lie about something that big about u having a college degree.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by mazaje(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2007
is life or marriage all about having a degree? forgiveness is what matters the most, if he loves her he should forgive her and move forward cos i believe he too has lied to her in one way or the other .
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by neelsel(f): 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2007
@topic: Was this guy blind? How the hell could this woman trick him for so long? I guess he was so pussy whipped that his other senses just took a backseat. I wish all the best. They are on their own,

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2007
The degree is not a big deal, but I sense that he has problems with her being a sickler.
I sense that this story will end badly, since the man is now confiding in "friends". He will definitely kill her with stress.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by alabiyemmy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2007
Its known that quite a lot of women tell lies to their hubby and do get away with it - they should thank their stars for not confronted with the truth in such situatons, but if he finds out, I think love will still win, if he loves her and vice versa, then things should be worked out for the sake of the kids and the family - a broken family does more harm to the man and to the kids than anything else, if she is remorsful, then let him take heart and life should go on.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by neelsel(f): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2007
I honestly believe this guy is looking for a way to "chicken" out of his marriage. Men are so spineless,
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by alabiyemmy(m): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2007
hmmmmm- men are so spineless but women are so heartless.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by neelsel(f): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2007
To each its own!!!!!!
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by jaybaby(f): 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2007
She lied? So what? Men r d greatest liars of all time--- We have so much Stories of  "The double-dealing Men"

PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Spare me dnt even let me srt Scrutinizing MEN ***HISSED***
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by finemocha(f): 12:52am On Apr 02, 2007
what does it matter whether she has a degree or not now. just warn her not to lie again adn carry on with your lives. when men lie and lie and lie and cheat on thier wives, people accept that shit, as far as i am concerned because nigeria can be such a useless place people do survivial of the fittest, and no omoeko that lady is not a disgrace to women. for all u know she couldnt afford to finish school.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by spoilt(f): 1:38am On Apr 02, 2007
so because she doesnt have a degree, heaven should fall? shocked
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 02, 2007
finemocha:

what does it matter whether she has a degree or not now. just warn her not to lie again adn carry on with your lives. when men lie and lie and lie and cheat on their wives, people accept that shit, as far as i am concerned because nigeria can be such a useless place people do survivial of the fittest, and no omoeko that lady is not a disgrace to women. for all u know she couldnt afford to finish school.

What if after 10yrs of marriage i told you i had actually been married before? I hope you will just warn me not to lie again and carry on with our lives.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 2:29am On Apr 02, 2007
What's funny is that people doesn't know how it feel if u were in the husband shoes.

Everyone are saying it's just a lie, so what.

Do people know how many damaged she has done to the guys heart.

The man is human too, it's not even about the degree but the fact that she lied for 7yrs to the one she loves.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:42am On Apr 02, 2007
Seun:

I sense that this story will end badly, since the man is now confiding in "friends".

I agree. when a person goes off babbling stuff instead of telling the person in question, it hardly ever goes down well esp when these so called "friends" are usually stupid
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 02, 2007
soccerquee:

What's funny is that people doesn't know how it feel if u were in the husband shoes.

Everyone are saying it's just a lie, so what.

Do people know how many damaged she has done to the guys heart.

The man is human too, it's not even about the degree but the fact that she lied for 7yrs to the one she loves.

Now you deserve a hug. wink
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 2:45am On Apr 02, 2007
davidylan:

Now you deserve a hug. wink
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by Seun(m): 2:49am On Apr 02, 2007
@soccerquee: nicely said, but I feel that most Nigerian men (and women) are not that delicate or sensitive.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by cuteass1(f): 4:20am On Apr 02, 2007
@ soccerquee
you got here before me and you read my mind as well. Thanks girl.
The problem is that some people seem to not see the real issue here sad

finemocha:

what does it matter whether she has a degree or not now. just warn her not to lie again adn carry on with your lives. when men lie and lie and lie and cheat on their wives, people accept that shit, as far as i am concerned because nigeria can be such a useless place people do survivial of the fittest, and no omoeko that lady is not a disgrace to women. for all u know she couldnt afford to finish school.

spoilt:

so because she doesnt have a degree, heaven should fall? shocked

exactly, spoilt wink

@ omoge
the point is not whether she's educated or not, the point is why lying about it??

And i don't think omo eko meant she was a disgrace to women cos of her not-having-a-degree, but for all the damages her lie must have caused, YES SHE IS A DISGRACE TO WOMEN, HER HUSBAND, HER PARENTS AND HER KIDS angry angry

Or she didn't think the truth was was going to surface, well look where she got herself
how art thy mighty falling, oh Isreal

If the guy could live with her sickness, whu couldn't she give him credit enough to know he was going to accept her just as she was??

For a whole seven years, well i hope she was ready to bear the consequences before making up her mind to be such a nuisance, because i hope to God her husband is kind enough to forgive her but if not then she has no other person to blame for the calamity that is or have befallen her. She caused it ALL by herself.
when you touch a snake by the tail, you should be as sure as hell ready for its vennom

Wasn't she taught that a house built on shaky ground is bound to fall and likewise a marriage built on lies and disguise is bound to break sooner or later

A whoke 7 years?? GEEZ, she couldn't even own up after 1 year, 2years, it would have caused much much less pain than waiting for the guy to find out by himself. What did she expect him to do, clap for her?? na wa ooh

Seun:

but I feel that most Nigerian men (and women) are not that delicate or sensitive.
well that's not an excuse

i guess this lady in question is among the non-delicate ones, now see where her insensitivity has landed her
There is always a scape goat sha, so i hope she's the scape-goat for all others.

she made her bed, and now she'll be lying in it?? was it really worth it?? may others learn wink
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 4:29am On Apr 02, 2007
Damn girl u finished what i started, thanks kiss kiss kiss

see y we got to write a book and have a show cheesy cheesy
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by cuteass1(f): 4:32am On Apr 02, 2007
soccerquee:

Damn girl u finished what i started, thanks kiss kiss kiss

see y we got to write a book and have a show cheesy cheesy

as i told you earlier, you're me, and i'm you kiss kiss kiss

for those wondering, no we're not dating and we're not lesbos wink
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 4:36am On Apr 02, 2007
she was a disgrace to women because of her not-having-a-degree, but for all the damages her lie must have caused, YES SHE IS A DISGRACE TO WOMEN, HER HUSBAND, HER PARENTS AND HER KIDS
What kind of example have she laid down for her children especially.
If one of her daughters did something like this in the future, what kind of advice will she give her.

@The topic
After what she has done, i don't think the husband will ever believe her trust are again.
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 02, 2007
@ long last 2 women not cast in the feminist "everything is the fault of the man" mould.
Cute-ass and soccerquee, you both are a long awaited breath of fresh air. You both deserve a good hug! wink
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by cuteass1(f): 4:50am On Apr 02, 2007
soccerquee:

@The topic
After what she has done, i don't think the husband will ever believe her trust are again.

well on a previous thread, i said something about one fighting for their marriages with their last breath but i also said that it should take the[b] inevitable[/b] to give up

this might be one wink

so i wouldn't blame the husband one bit if he couldn't live with her again ooh BUT i still hope he forgives her sad

davidylan:

@ long last 2 women not cast in the feminist "everything is the fault of the man" mould.
Cute-ass and soccerquee, you both are a long awaited breath of fresh air. You both deserve a good hug! wink

opens arms and give Davidylan a hug with soccerque (a triple hug, i'll call it) wink
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by spoilt(f): 4:56am On Apr 02, 2007
huh? shocked
am i missing something?
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 5:02am On Apr 02, 2007
Thank for your compliment kiss kiss@davidylan

And my crime partner kiss kiss kiss@cute-ass
kiss kiss
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by OmoEko1(f): 5:03am On Apr 02, 2007
spoilt:

huh? shocked
am i missing something?
Simple as ABC, just read the all thread then u will understand what is going on grin grin grin
Re: My Friend's Wife Lied For 7 Years by spoilt(f): 5:40am On Apr 02, 2007
for real i must be missing something. did someone say her act of lying about having a degree equals adultery and is thus unforgivable? i couldnt have read that. must be a thrick of the light. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did Your Family Celebrate Nigeria's Victory Yesterday? / 40-year Old Mother Pregnant For Son, Ready To Marry Him / Children Crushing Or Loving In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.