Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu (4290 Views)

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State / Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, Rivers State / What Is The 'ofo' In Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2018
Samuel Calabar:
thanks odogwuakataka for this wonderful teaching on deities, more light on your path iseee. sir i came from a family that are ofor bearers and ofor controls about 5 villages, according to my father this offor came to us through my great grand mother to my grandfather to my fathers elder brother who died without a male child, from there to my father and now me. i noticed my father never performed any ritual to that offor, when i confronted him he said i should leave it that way. on my part i have also not done anything since my father died. could this be affecting my finance and progress?

Odogwu Akataaka:
Understand ofo ani is arusi!

When we talk about ofo ani, we are talking about ide ji mba.

This is what you have to do, meet elders in the village and enquire from them about the ofo. How the ofo sacrifices are been done. They will guide you. If they do, follow directives

If you can't find any valuable information from elders you approach. This is what you have to do

Buy a chick (uriem okuko) and oji gbara mkpi ato.

Bring out the ofo from his room. Understand, ofo is not to be left outside because of rain

Don't allow rain or waters to touch him anytime or anyday. When you bring the ofo outside. Use the chick to perform a ritual cleansing all over his body (piachasia ya bu ofo ofo nkeoma). Throw the chick out. When it fall on the ground, you find out the chick won't rise or stand to leave again instead it will fall dead

Get the oji and start praying the ofo. State your ignorance, admitting that ama ama anaghi egbu dike. Accept that it was as a result of your spiritual ignorance you left your duty. Now you have returned, let them guide you. Ask them to guide you, speak to you, giving you relevant information on next steps to take. Accept your readiness.

After all these and other prayers you wish, break the kolanut and offer to them.

After sum minutes, take the ofo inside. Consult me for a spiritual information. I will engage you on a consult, telling you what you have to offer to the Ofo as he demands

Upon spiritual information, I will tell you how to approach the ofo and things you are not to be done before the ofo

Angels guide

Samuel Calabar:
Thank you odogwuakataka, isimiri igbo nile for your advice, i will follow directives.

Uba Cynthia:
More light on our paths

Iseeeeeeeeee

Anastecia Okpara:
Iseeee this is knowledge

Uju Aniebonam:
Isimmili igbonile your words are knowledge! More light to your path GM
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2018
[8/9, 07:20] Odogwuakataaka: Our "ofo na ogu" rituals start today been Thursday nkwo market day. Remember our ritual directives to be on barefoot upon ritual performance. Be mindful of your affirmative. Remain focused and shun all vises causing distractions upon ritual exercise. Here are first thing you do! To open your oseoji, you must break it behind your back
[8/9, 07:21] Odogwuakataaka: When you do, use a seed with your left hand to ward off negative energy, move round about above your head four times anticlockwise and throw away. Repeat same cause with your right hand.
[8/9, 07:33] Odogwuakataaka: Count 7 seeds of oseoji (alligator pepper) and insert on your mouth. Open the nsiegbe (gun powder, take little and insert on your mouth. Say: okwu ojo, okwu oma: ka aja di ire bu ife ekwuru. Amara kwue amaghi kwue, ka aja ire bu ife ekwuru. Amara mee, amaghi mee, ka aja di ire bu ife ekwuru, na afia eke, orie, afo na nkwo nille. Ma o meghi kamu siri kwuo, eligwe na elu uwa ekwekwala. Ebe aja ani bidoro na na ebe aja ani jedobere, ebe osimmiri bidoro na ebe osimmiri jedobere, ebe ikuku bidoro na ebe iku jedobere: ekwekwala! Ndi chi m, Chi okike m, ndi nna na nna nna: ndi nne na nne nne: umu Ada na ndi ichie ala ekwekwala. Na oga emeriri kamu siri kwuo na afia eke, orie, afo na nkwo. (go outside and spit out 7 times above the air. Come back to take your rituals) you must be saying and doing these within the four ritual days starting today
[8/9, 07:34] Odogwuakataaka: Let someone help the Translation in English while I go on with other things!

[8/9, 07:59] Ikechukwu Awuzie: THE TRANSLATION INTO ENGLISH LANGUAGE AS ASKED BY GM
[8/9, 08:05] Ikechukwu Awuzie: Count 7 seeds of oseoji and insert into ur mouth. Open the gun powder, take a little and put into ur mouth. Say. Whether positive or negative talks, let this ritual bear positive results is my affirmation. Whether I said it rightly or wrongly my intention is for this my ritual to bear positive results. Whether it is done accordingly or otherwise, let this ritual bear positive results. Let this ritual be fulfilled on EKE, on ORIE, on AFOR and on NKWO market days. If it does not come to pass let heaven and earth reject. Where ritual started and where it ended, where ocean started and where it ended, where the wind started and where it ended should reject. My god, God my creator, my father and great grand fathers, my mother and great grand mothers, our daughters and ancestors should reject if my ritual does not bear positive results. It must bear positive results as I ask on EKE day, on ORIE day, on AFOR day and on NKWO day.

(go outside and spit out 7 times aboveby the air. Come back to take your rituals) you must be saying and doing these within the four ritual days starting today

[8/9, 10:19] Odogwuakataaka: As I take time composing the guide on mint do help us translate the ofo na ogu ritual on audio to English. Many thanks for the translation so far. Angels guide. Least we forget: as soon as you are done with your ritual affirmations, bring out the kolanut and break in 4 parts, add together (holding with your left hand and move above your head anticlockwise 8 times). Go out to drop on the road. Immediately you drop it, fiocha aka gi abuo (whip off your both hands and go back home).
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by chiommy123(f): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2018
Idol worship on nairaland too. Odikwa serious
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2018
[8/9, 07:37] Odogwuakataaka: While you return, watch the video to see how you make your ogu using the omu nkwu - palm front.
[8/9, 14:25] Odogwuakataaka: Having done with your ofo na ogu ritual the first day of the exercise, returning home. Look for a bucket and pour some waters, insert 7 seeds of alligator pepper inside and wash your hands without soap or detergent. Keep remaining waters inside the bucket to watch the pigeon and others (which we shall inform you at when due). Go direct to where you kept the white piece of cloth. Spray it on the ground and place a white/blue/yellow/green open plate on top the cloth. Get your pigeon, look for same waters and wash properly the mouth and foot. Drop on top the white sprayed cloth. Look for a knife � (wash properly as well). Get your mint leaves, drop ontop the white clothes. Get get one seed of alligator pepper, use it to cleanse the pigeon. Throw it away over your head backwards. Get another seed and do same on the mints leave.
[8/9, 14:28] Odogwuakataaka: Now you are done with the cleansing. Remember, yesterday I asked us to get the mints leave today to help services. You were asked to get as many as possible hence it's not sold. Whichever, the purpose for getting it plenty is to help volumes thus we asked to massage it (getting the water substance). The minerals are the essential commodities.
[8/9, 14:28] Odogwuakataaka: Get as many leaves as your hands can contain and start massaging
[8/9, 14:32] Odogwuakataaka: When you have enough waters, do sprinkle inside the open rituals plate kept ontop the white clothe. Repeat second to third times and drop the chalf by the side. This you are to do until you get as many as possible waters (pending on the volume you have). Understand this is not a little assignment therefore, get a little stool to sit down while doing this, keeping your foot ontop the white cloth until you are through. Be careful not to chat or discuss with someone else while performing this assignment
[8/9, 14:33] Odogwuakataaka: The reason is to help focus and avoid illicit words, which might ruin your exercise. Should you know the person whom you must chat with is not decent enough to respect what you are doing, kindly avoid his or her chat
[8/9, 14:34] Odogwuakataaka: While performing rituals, do your best to disengage oneself from third party chat. Chat with the gods and goddesses. Tell them what you wanted and how you wanted it. Enjoy such like chat than mere chatting
[8/9, 14:35] Odogwuakataaka: Therefore, it's good you speak powers to the mint while you massage it.
[8/9, 14:36] Odogwuakataaka: Have these information about mint leave to help knowledge. Knowing what you have in position perhaps to help focus
[8/9, 14:36] Odogwuakataaka: Mint leaf are powerful herbs causing success and progress.
[8/9, 14:37] Odogwuakataaka: It has the powers and supernatural ability to draw luck, success and progress if ones way are open!
[8/9, 14:38] Odogwuakataaka: Since we are performing open my ways ritual @ofo na ogu: we are asked to invite mint to help success (been our key point)
[8/9, 14:39] Odogwuakataaka: A bit of information for more knowledge. Helping you to know what you should be saying while massaging.
[8/9, 14:40] Odogwuakataaka: When you are done, get the pigeon, untie it (cut off the rope on its leg or feather).
[8/9, 14:47] Odogwuakataaka: Hold with your right hand on its legs and with your left hand hold it's head. Raise it's face up (face to face). When this is done say.......I am not killing you because I can but for your blood to open my way on eke, orie, afo and nkwo market days. You shall die for me to leave. Your blood shall cause me desired success and promotion. Let it be said in the land of the living by human and spirits, in the land beyond by human and spirits that I did it because I did. No spirit or human shall counter this subject and purpose for the ritual exercise which your blood shall witness. This I mote and so shall it be! Iseeeeee. (remove the little feathers on its throat and slaughter him)
[8/9, 14:48] Odogwuakataaka: Pour all the blood inside the ritual plate. When you are done, drop ontop the cloth.
[8/9, 14:51] Odogwuakataaka: Get seven seeds of alligator, put into your mouth. Get little of nsiegbe and put inside your mouth (take time not to frown your face or spit out nor demostrate signs of displeasure as a result of the gun powder) it's not food. You should know better. You are on a course, let whatever that take place at this point of ritual performance be a sacrifice you made. Freedom is not free. To be a man, is not a day job
[8/9, 14:51] Odogwuakataaka: Good!
[8/9, 14:53] Odogwuakataaka: Having done this, because of the presence of the gun powder inside your mouth, it will produce too many saliva. Bear it and never spit anything out. Be warned!
[8/9, 14:55] Odogwuakataaka: Mote positive words as your spirit persons tells you and spit seven times inside the ritual plate. Use your finger to mix together. Look for an empty container such like water bottle and pour inside for daily usage
[8/9, 14:57] Odogwuakataaka: How to use it. Whenever you want to take your bath, you may use cover of the water bottle to add twice the ritual inside your bath water. You are to be using it anything you bath until it's finished. Look for plenty mint.
[8/9, 14:59] Odogwuakataaka: Those of you who use to have disappointment or failure upon meeting, keep this ritual to bath with whenever you have an important meeting with someone or group of people. Same as when you are going for a job interview. If you do, we look forward having much testimony in the house. Angels guide
[8/9, 15:00] Odogwuakataaka: Now, the chalf and the dead pigeon. Should you have body poison or always experience hatred, dissapointment in the hands of people
[8/9, 15:06] Odogwuakataaka: Look for a mortar. Not mortar that is used for cook and cuisine services. To do this, you must have to pick a handful of sands on a busy road, pound both together inside the mortar until it becomes a medicine. Pour inside a bucket. Fetch a running water and bath with. After the bath, allow your body to run dry without cleaning with towel.
[8/9, 15:06] Odogwuakataaka: Angels guide!
[8/9, 15:07] Odogwuakataaka: If you aren't going to use it for the purpose, tie both together with the white cloth and insert on a black nylon. Throw inside dust bin or bush path. More light to our paths. Angels guide

[8/9, 15:08] Sylvester Pat Abuja: This is great GM
[8/9, 15:08] Sylvester Pat Abuja: More light to ur path

[8/9, 15:11] Francis: GM please do you mean, pounding the sand, squeezed mint leave and the pigeon together?

[8/9, 16:05] Ikechukwu Awuzie: Thank you GM.
Please, what should we do with the remaining water containing seven seeds of OSE OJI which was used to wash the legs and mouth of the pigeon?

[8/9, 16:44] Adigom: Odogwuakataka isi mmiri Igbo nine ,the great man of our generation, in fact you re really sent by gods and goddesses to save humanity, may you live long, pls sir can I start my own ritual exercise next Nkwo market, more light to your path angel guide

[8/9, 17:56] Beluolisah Lagos: More light to your path GM
[8/9, 17:56] Beluolisah Lagos: I wasn't able to get all my materials available
[8/9, 17:56] Beluolisah Lagos: Can we perform this same ritual on next nkwo day?

[8/9, 18:42] Poku Ghana: Please after being with ofo stick for the first day what do we do with the stick should it be throne in the dust bin

[8/9, 19:09] Ikechukwu Awuzie: GM took put time to compose an easy and self explanatory direction.
That the eight ofo sticks, eight ogu sticks, eight cords with the kola nut when broken should be dropped along the road. That is after circling them together over your head eight times in anti-clock wise motion.

[8/9, 19:22] Poku Ghana: Here the are many of such resemble sticks of that nature. Please can you described the tree for me.

[8/9, 22:41] Ikechukwu Awuzie: Here is the translation

The voice translation.

The ofo sticks, the ogu sticks, cord eight pieces each with the igbo kola nut that has 4 cotyledons which you have washed, cleaned. All these items you must hold together in your left hand.
Hold them together in your left hand and pray seriously. That all the energies holding back my success, my progress, my favour with this ofo na ogu I cancel them.

If only your hands are clean. Ofo na ogu will destroy all these energies. Any thing preventing me from achieving my goals, any force making me a fool, today being NKWO I am using these ofo, ogu, cords and kolanut to liberate myself. All these evils in my life, coming from my father or his lineage, from my mother or her lineage, from my male or female friends, from my brothers or sisters, from my in-laws, are they from my business transaction on EKE day, ORIE day, AFOR day or NKWO day, that today I am victorious over you.

I am affirming that from today being NKWO (depending of the particular day) with ofo na ogu my hands are clean. I washing myself clean and free from all evil energies on EKE, ORIE, AFOR and NKWO. That from the beginning to the end of this world, I am innocent. Whatever I do not know, should not know me. Should not affect me - if your are innocent.

If u are sure that you are not in any form guilty against any body. Because in light house justice is supreme. That today, ( EKE or ORIE or AFOR or NKWO according to the days) I declare all my problems have come to an end. To I am standing as a (man or woman) to take that which is mine. From man, from woman, from the spirit world all that is mine.

I decree that whatever spell or juju done against me, whether it was done with the head of person, mad or not, the bones of a person dead or alive, buried in the sand, or thrown into the over, burnt or poured into the air, done with the tongue is a deaf and dumb, in a grave yard, all preventing from you from achieving your goals, all eating and wasting your god given favour and success, u overcome them today with ofo Na ogu.

This ritual is personal. Not for your father, mother, husband, wife or children.
More light to our paths.

[8/9, 22:55] Addul Accra: Thank you so much

[8/10, 06:06] Valentine Aba: Thank you so much

[8/10, 06:25] Odogwuakataaka: Those of you who could not make it this day can start next nkwo market. If you are going to do that, follow directives and don't consider contacting me for I will register it as disturbances. There's a time for a very thing I do on earth. I have this time for the exercise. Ask your questions on the ongoing ritual @ofo na ogu now. If you are starting yours next week, next month or next year. Count me off! You can serve yourself using available info right now! This is why, whether you joined or yet to join, kindly ask whatever question you have as regards the ofo na ogu ritual now and get clarified. I have made myself clear! More light to our paths
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2018

Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bigfrancis21: 5:26am On Aug 29, 2018
Interesting.

Some deep knowledge about Igbo native doctoring (Dibia).

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chinenye Enugu:
Dear GM,plz sir,is there any ritual one can undertake to loose one from spiritual bondage(ito ekike).will daily ose oji ritual be enough?
More light to your paths sir!

Odogwu Akataaka:
Get knowledge and understanding.
Wisdom is the principle thing.
In all your get, get wisdom!

Understand, it's not same ingredients used to cook egusi soup that we use to cook onugbu soap. Even though there are all said to be soup

Wisdom ask us to tackle every problem using true spiritual information for positive results

When you come to spirituality. There are different ways of doing things which often offers different results

Whichever way we do it, for positive results, it calls for true spiritual knowledge

This is why people prayed in the name of Jesus and things get better for them and others prayed in the name of Satan and things get better for them while some prayed in the name of Abraham and things get better for them. We also see people who are doing well praying in the name of baal, mushid and maghod, all are doing well

At same time you see people who are praying in the name of Satan, Jesus, baal, magod, ngwu, this and that yet things are getting worse day by day

What does that means and what are the lessons?
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
That simply means we have individual cases which must be settled individually for our success and we'll being

When you do make this settlement, clearing your path from negative vibes causing hindrances, you stand for success and progress

To tackle this problems asked for wisdom

When you go to spiritual material line (where they sell spiritual materials at market)

You might get surprised seeing different ritual materials which are used for spiritual purposes

You must not start gathering all the items for a ritual breakthrough should you lack success in your business

Wisdom ask you to know and understand reason for your misfortune and failure

It's when you get to know these through spirits review you stand positive chances to tackle the problems

Through spiritual consultation, you may find out an egg ritual can bring desired open door which you sought for

Through spiritual consultation, you might get to know that saraka can cause your open doors
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
When these information comes to you upon consult, be wise to apply all directives

Listen to understand your spiritualist and all spiritual information the gods reveal to you through him

It's when you listen you will be able to understand if it's a ritual you should do to liberate yourself by yourself

It's when you listen you be able to understand if the ritual requires services of a priest/spiritualist for perfection

It's when you listen you be able to understand if the ritual has to do with this or that

These are most reason while you must pay attention upon consultation report

Not just to consult but to understand the report from the gods

It's one thing to ask from the gods, another thing to understand what the gods has said or has to say

These are reason while we should learn to pay attention

If you have been consulted and you case has it to seek for a priest to help your deliverance, do so

Don't be stupid and awkward to think you have the ability to perform all spiritual duties

You can't!

This is why the gods by their infinite powers assigned priest to humanity

To help in some spiritual
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2018
Bh
Re: What You Must Know About Ofo And Ogu by bunbit23: 7:31am On Oct 14, 2018
Nv

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Mythology / Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King / Why Do Pple Shave Their Hair 2 Mourn D Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.