Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

I Refused To Kneel For My Husband During Our Traditional Wedding - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Refused To Kneel For My Husband During Our Traditional Wedding (675 Views)

Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / The Gradual Phasing Out Of The Use Of Palm Wine For Traditional Wedding Rites / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Refused To Kneel For My Husband During Our Traditional Wedding by paxonel(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
A newly wedded Canada-based Nigerian lady identified as Eniola(Yoruba), has taken to the social media platform, Twitter, to reveal that she refused to kneel down before her husband during their recent traditional marriage, adding that she and her hubby instructed the elders at her wedding not to ask her to kneel down.
She wrote: "Speaking of submission, during my Yoruba engagement, my husband and I told the Alagas to not use that word or ask me to kneel for him. Everyone told me it wouldn't be possible because, culture. But guess whose knees didn't touch the ground?."

She added: "My sister’s wedding was earlier this week and she also warned against using the term “ile oko” (husband’s house). Everyone is setting their house rules and removing the bs one act at a time. Looking forward to subversive “no wedding” family members lol."

Re: I Refused To Kneel For My Husband During Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
useless bitch
Re: I Refused To Kneel For My Husband During Our Traditional Wedding by tungamaje: 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
Why didn't the traditional wedding take place in Canada? Why wed in Africa where customs and traditions are observed?
Re: I Refused To Kneel For My Husband During Our Traditional Wedding by SlayerForever: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
Every African woman who supports this,as well as the feminists and the idiot herself,they are all very stupid.

(1) (Reply)

I want to read Fagunwa's book / Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot / Odùduwà Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.