Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot (674 Views)

Oriki - Is There Anything Historical In It For Us? / Oriki Of All Towns In Ekiti State / The Oriki Of Omo Ede - What Is Your Oriki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by Tedpgrass: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2020
I'd like to get a variety of orikis

Just listened to one and I couldn't help but be moved..

Truly enthralling..

Cc. Lalasticlala..... (I no say e no be snake)
Mynd1.. (2..3..4 and all updated versions)
Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by gregyboy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tedpgrass:
I'd like to get a variety of orikis

Just listened to one and I couldn't help but be moved..

Truly enthralling..

Cc. Lalasticlala..... (I no say e no be snake)
Mynd1.. (2..3..4 and all updated versions)

Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by Tedpgrass: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2020
Greg how far..
Na Oriki I ask for.. Not attempts to legitimise Benin Kingdom supremacy...

Answer to your question...
Its the onus of the overall king or Emperor to take emblems or flags or staff of office of a lesser colony to demonstrate visible rulership or superiority!!! undecided

Stirring up someone's hornet's nest!! grin grin grin

Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by Tedpgrass: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=88769357][/quote]

See reply

Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by AreaFada2: 1:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Over three days and nobody has come up with their oriki?
We have our oriki. on two sides even. Part of it in my post years back here. But I guess this is for certain people only.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by gregyboy(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Tedpgrass:

Greg how far..
Na Oriki I ask for.. Not attempts to legitimise Benin Kingdom supremacy...

Answer to your question...
Its the onus of the overall king or Emperor to take emblems or flags or staff of office of a lesser colony to demonstrate visible rulership or superiority!!! undecided

Stirring up someone's hornet's nest!! grin grin grin

Lol that will be foolishness

Britain won't take up nigeria flag

He should have taken the orikis of the emir of kwara, or the orikis of alafin of oyo

He took only the orikis of benin then you should know what it means, i can show you many yoruba kings who have the bini orikis as thier staff of office
But you won't see any yoruba orikis at the oba palace.......

Our benin ancestors bleeped yoruba women alot
Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by Tedpgrass: 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
gregyboy:

Our benin ancestors bleeped yoruba women alot

That has to count for something if you are to be believed.. Yoruba women are exotic!! The Binis could not do without!!

On a serious note though, adopting a staff or emblem peculiar to a former independent colony or regional power is an age-old tradition of Emperors trying to show a visible confederation of states in obeisance..
The Greeks, Romans, Persians all did.

Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by gregyboy(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Tedpgrass:

That has to count for something if you are to be believed.. Yoruba women are exotic!! The Binis could not do without!!

On a serious note though, adopting a staff or emblem peculiar to a former independent colony or regional power is an age-old tradition of Emperors trying to show a visible confederation of states in obeisance..
The Greeks, Romans, Persians all did.

Yea the yorubas loves our history and they deny it

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Oriki / Lineage Greetings Here. Hot Hot Hot by Tedpgrass: 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Yoruba don't deny but simply represent the history as made available through oratory literature and from evidence from artefacts.

(1) (Reply)

Be Black & Proud Of Being BLACK ... / Contradictions In Al-mustapha Case / Mention Which State In Nigeria,you Would Like To Spend Your Hol's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.