Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady (35772 Views)

Bride Stunned After Clergyman Asked Her To Pledge Her Breasts During Wedding Vow / My Ridiculous Bride Price / Marriage Rites List | We Gasped In Disbelieve! / Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by AcuraZDX: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
A Nigerian lady simply identified as @fetonghan on twitter, has got herself trending on the platform over her controversial post.

According to the lady, women from Imo, Cross river and Akwa Ibom state are supposed to be rolling on the floor during their traditional marriage because of the heart stopping bride price marriage list their prospective in-laws paid.

She wrote;
“Btw, if you are Imo, Kalabari, Cross river, Akwa Ibom please sit this argument out. With the list we give men, we should lie down and roll, not just kneel.”

Bride price is a sum of money or quantity of goods given to a bride’s family by that of the groom in some tribal societies.

Before now, a Nigerian woman based in Toronto has told of how she challenged cultural norms by choosing not to kneel down for her husband during her traditional marriage, and that Nigerian men are mad about it. The gorgeous Yoruba bride said she and her husband spoke …

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/the-kind-of-list-we-give-men-in-imo-akwa-ibom-women-are-meant-to-be-rolling-on-the-floor-during-traditional-wedding-2/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by herzernIsHere: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
Rubbish.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Preshy561(f): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
ewu.undecided

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Aonkuuse(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hahahahahah they don't know nah, but like seriously some people will be doing as if they are selling their daughters out

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2018
This one too wants to trend.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by donbachi(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
some tribes really need to work on their lists...it has kept many of their daughters in their fathers houses.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by MISEDUCATIONS: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
bride price should die with the patriarchy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by CAPSLOCKED: 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
SOMEONE SAID THAT TRADITIONAL WEDDING IS SEXISM, DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MEN, AND I AGREE.

MEN ARE MADE TO PAY HUGE SUMS JUST TO MARRY ANOTHER HUMAN (A LIABILITY THAT COMES WITH TOO MUCH RESPONSIBILITES IN MANY CASES).
WOMEN ON THE OTHER HAND, ARE BEING SOLD LIKE SALLAH RAMS IN THE MARKET.
THIS IS SLAVERY IN DISGUISE.

PATRIARCHY WILL NOT DIE UNTIL MEN STOP GETTING MILKED DRY IN THE NAME OF TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE. undecided

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by victorian(f): 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
No be only roll on the ground.

Why not roll and lick his feet join on the wedding day.

Nonsense.. Slave mentality also showing up when one least expects. Smhhhhhh.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by chiommy123(f): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
Honestly some lists need reevaluation. Guys should appreciate too. Its not easy answering someone else's name for life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by CAPSLOCKED: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:
Honestly some lists need reevaluation. Guys should appreciate too. Its not easy answering someone else's name for life.

I'LL TAKE UP YOUR NAME ANYTIME ANYDAY INSTEAD OF GIVING MILLIONS TO YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE FOR LIFE.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by chiommy123(f): 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I'LL TAKE UP YOUR NAME ANYTIME ANYDAY INSTEAD OF GIVING MILLIONS TO YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE FOR LIFE.
comeon you don't have to be pained like this. Its tradition you know and can't be forcefully changed rather you humbly explain things to them

5 Likes

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by CAPSLOCKED: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:
comeon you don't have to be pained like this. Its tradition you know and can't be forcefully changed rather you humbly explain things to them

NOW YOU KNOW IT'S TRADITION BUT THE OTHER LADY WAS APPLAUDED FOR BREAKING TRADITION BY NOT KNEELING. CLAP YOUR HANDS.

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Tamarapetty(f): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
Kay
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by chiommy123(f): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

NOW YOU KNOW IT'S TRADITION BUT THE OTHER LADY WAS APPLAUDED FOR BREAKING TRADITION BY NOT KNEELING. CLAP YOUR HANDS.
their tradition is quit different from ours. Maybe you are not Igbo cos you will not understand. In Igbo land its not just the parents of the girl that owns her. Hence everyone must partake in her marriage rites

1 Like

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by CAPSLOCKED: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:
their tradition is quit different from ours. Maybe you are not Igbo cos you will not understand. In Igbo land its not just the parents of the girl that owns her. Hence everyone must partake in her marriage rites

YESTERDAY AN IGBO MAN NEXT TO MY TABLE BRAGGED HOW HE SHUTS DOWN HIS WIFE BY SHOWING HER "THE LIST" AND ALL HIS EXPENSES DURING THE TRAD. ACCORDING TO HIM ITEMS ON THE LIST ALONE WORTH MOST 2.5M.. NOT TO TALK OF OTHER MERRIMENTS. SO SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO ANY OPINIONS IN THE MARRIAGE BECAUSE HE HAS PAID FOR HER, AND SHE'S "PROPERTY", JUST AS YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.
PEOPLE ACTUALLY "OWN" OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR TRIBE AND YOU WANT TO CARRY ON WITH THAT SORT OF SLAVERY, JUST LIKE THE JEWS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.
WHY NOT OPEN YOUR MIND AND YOUR HEAD, AND ALLOW SOMETHING NEW ENTER FOR ONCE? undecided

chiommy123:
and what good did you do to us by settling the umunnas items on the list? Am sure you are not Igbo. That list most times is for the umunna not even the girls family alone

A FEW MONTHS INTO THE MARRIAGE AND YOU'LL HAVE THOSE IGBO HUSBANDS REGRETTING AND LAMENTING, THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT MORE GOODS WITH ALL THAT WASTED MONEY INSTEAD. SO WHAT'S THE POINT? undecided

THE SAME "UMUNNA" AND VILLAGERS YOU FEED AND CLOTHE ARE STILL THE ONES THAT WILL GO AND PLANT CHARMS FOR YOU TO DIE SO THAT THEY'LL INHERIT YOUR PROPERTIES.
AGAIN, WHAT'S THE THE POINT? undecided

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by chiommy123(f): 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YESTERDAY AN IGBO MAN NEXT TO MY TABLE BRAGGED HOW HE SHUTS DOWN HIS WIFE BY SHOWING HER "THE LIST" AND ALL HIS EXPENSES DURING THE TRAD. ACCORDING TO HIM ITEMS ON THE LIST ALONE WORTH MOST 2.5M.. NOT TO TALK OF OTHER MERRIMENTS. SO SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO ANY OPINIONS IN THE MARRIAGE BECAUSE HE HAS PAID FOR HER, AND SHE'S "PROPERTY", JUST AS YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.
PEOPLE ACTUALLY "OWN" OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR TRIBE AND YOU WANT TO CARRY ON WITH THAT SORT OF SLAVERY, JUST LIKE THE JEWS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT.
WHY NOT OPEN YOUR MIND AND YOUR HEAD, AND ALLOW SOMETHING NEW ENTER FOR ONCE? undecided
why don't you stick with your own traditions and let me stick with mine. A million and one guys and still counting do this everyday without complaining. Am Igbo and am proud of my culture

27 Likes

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Fazemood(m): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:
And we are cool
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by chiommy123(f): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fazemood:

And we are cool
wat
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by AcuraZDX: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
farano
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Fazemood(m): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:
wat
Watching you while you sit n think that you have done us good by changing your names to ours. Wake up from your slumbers dearies

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by chiommy123(f): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fazemood:

Watching you while you sit n think that you have done us good by changing your names to ours. Wake up from your slumbers dearies
and what good did you do to us by settling the umunnas items on the list? Am sure you are not Igbo. That list most times is for the umunna not even the girls family alone
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Fazemood(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:

The good that we made your umu-nna richer just to go back home with you is enough good. And also, your father, mother and every member of your family get to enjoy the benefit of getting you married to a man who is able to pay that humongous amount as your bride price.

Women are just lucky.

17 Likes

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by IMASTEX: 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Some families are turning it to total sell off
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Paulfroshman: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ok
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by zicoraads: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
Thank God for allowing me see 'the light'.

So this is how I would have suffered if I didn't break up with my Cross River flame? grin angry

But...

Why do we even have to do this in the first place? Why do we even have to have 'a list', whether small or big? This practice, in my opinion, is outdated and should be done away with.

14 Likes

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by happney65: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
I went to court and got married with just about 10 People in attendance..I dont have time for all these nonesense marriage list where the daughter is being sold..Have always had it in mind of just going to court and thats all..My wife agreed with me but she just dey use style to ask me if we can still do it later..and even at that her list is about 60K or thereabout..we are sensible yoruba's and we aint selling our daughters like some people do..

Some stupid yoruba's these days also come with a big list as if the daughter is being sold.I dont blame them sha,I blame the mumu man that will go through hell all because i want to marry their daughter..On top that ohh,the lady nor her family wont drop a dime..Na on top of the Man them go put everything..

Nonesense and Buhari

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
Interesting
Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by zicoraads: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
chiommy123:
Which name? The lady can keep her name. Things like name don't even bother me. Who name EPP?

Are the kids not going to be bearing the man's name?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady by Simeony007(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
She's got point tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Husband Brutalizes His Pretty Wife As She Seeks For Divorce. Photos / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / Signs That Your Husband Does Not Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.