Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her (38279 Views)

Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery / NAFDAC Warns Against Smuggled Frozen Chicken, Says ‘They Contain Formalin’ / Formalin: Why You Should Reduce Eating Frozen Turkeys And Chickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Ekitiparapo(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
I doubt this story of injecting her with formaline. Formaline is kept separately and used to preserve biopsy or tissues collected intraoperatively . her could have been punctured during the epidural or spinal anaesthesia which led to paralysis not injection of formaline. Bloggers and lies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Ekitiparapo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
I doubt this story of injecting her with formaline. Formaline is kept separately and used to preserve biopsy or tissues collected intraoperatively . her spinal cord could have been pierced during the epidural or spinal anaesthesia which led to paralysis not injection of formaline. Bloggers and lies

1 Like

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by donbenie(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
dominique:
Formaline used to preserve corpses? How on earth did they mistake that for an anaesthetic? The hospital has to pay for this
Obviously it was not Formaline or there would have been severe tissue damage to show for the havoc it would have wreaked..
She very likely reacted to the Anaesthetic drug or it was most likely injected at the wrong site,this reporter is clearly embellishing the story and has zero medical knowledge..
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by gift2xl: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
Am sure doctors & police are behaving alike kwakes everywhere.

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Jman06(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is the unfortunate situation of things in Nigeria. Many people have been sent to their early graves by our incompetent medical doctors and the government is not doing anything about it.

DRUGS ARE DANGEROUS AS MUCH AS THEY ARE THERAPEUTIC. ONLY IN BACKWARD COUNTRIES LIKE NIGERIA DO THE GOVERNMENTS WATCH AS CHARLATANS SELL DRUGS IN BLACK MARKET WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
EVEN MEDICAL DOCTORS WHO OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER DON'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLAGRANT SELL OF UNWHOLESOME DRUGS BY THESE CHARLATANS IN OPEN DRUG MARKET, RATHER THEY SUPPORT AND PATRONIZE THEM.
AT THE END THE POOR PATIENTS ARE MADE TO SUFFER. MANY DIE UNTIMELY DEATHS WHILE OTHERS GET PARALYZED.

CLOSE ALL OPEN DRUG MARKETS TODAY AND WATCH AS OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IMPROVES.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by tolase220(m): 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
When Nigerian quacks fail, stories begin! We must change the story of Nigeria, for our children's sake.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by ollyruffy: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is a pathetic story. Is this a country?

The family needs to sue the hospital and all the quacks that are involved in this. Licenses need to be revoked and compensation claimed.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by overall90: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
I doubt if she was injected with formalin.
this is just one of the many complications of spinal anesthesia.

3 Likes

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by neonly: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
I had a similar issues but not d operating thing sha
I had thyroid went to mint hospital in front of queens college I was admitted spend two months plus no improvement I notice of something anytime am been given one particular capsule everything start over again(indosid) I complain to d nurse she beg me pls dint let them say it my fault dat what doctor say I should give u
Doctor came to me privately what wrong dint u want to go home I told her abt d drugs immediately she stop it two days later I was running up nd down healthy dat I want to go home

2 Likes

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Koga51: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
I don't know why most people commenting didn't bother to read the story well but just open their loud mouths blaming the doctors and nurses. This is simply a case of fake or adulterated medication administered to the patient by the Anaesthetist (Doctor) who clearly doesn't know he was giving a medication that is faked. How the hell can a sane person blame the doctor? It is clearly a fallout of the societal rot in this nation whereby human lives no longer matter so long as money is concerned hence illicit drug manufacturers can afford to produce cheap adulterated drugs and sell to vulnerable people.

1 Like

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by klax(m): 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
backnbeta:
This is Nigeria...government establishments don't respect the rule of law. Like oga at the top, like followers!

Even after a lawyer's intervention, the hospital management board still don't give a hoot! If they head to the courtroom and the judge rules in their favor, I'm sure the hospital will not pay a dime in compensation. Instead, they will rather spend money on coverups and appeals.

I swear I will never blame anybody for disobedience to court or or rule of law because buhari has never obey court order so let us keep running the banana kingdom.

If a man that called himself a president can disrespect court order then who should obey it? No one pls. I only pity this woman going through this in a wrong time under a wrong useless govt. Let everybody do anyhow no law anywhere in Nigeria let's keep playing it that way.

1 Like

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Henro123: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
This mistake is huge and millions are supposed to be paid to the victim plssssss

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by themanderon: 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
If the hospital has got nothing to hide why keep them in the dark for so long? Either ways someone has got to be held responsible. No wonder Mr integrity has to run away to his Darling London to get his medical fix. He don't want stories that touch. grin
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by lankonsegson(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
formalin way they de use preserve fish but na everybody dey eat am sha
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by mofedamijo(m): 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
I hope one day i will be able to gather sane youths in thier numbers and together change Nigeria forever.......just one day soon,because if we dont stand up today,it could be our kids to suffer tomorrow,sorry lady
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by NigeriaB(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
webincomeplus:
Diagnosed of myomectomy? Also known as fibroid? I give up!

lolz
d diagnosis ma weak me o..lol

when has myomectomy become a diagnosis?
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Josephjnr(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
donbenie:
She was not injected with Formalin,trust me she would most likely not be alive to be narrating her ordeal if such was the case,Formalin is very distinct with an unmistakable smell and would have caused SEVERE tissue damage..
She most likely had a severe reaction to the anaesthetic drug coupled with wrong injection site which would lead to the partial paralyses..

You said it all. Nigerians always looking for clinicians to crucify.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Josephjnr(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
donbenie:
NOBODY injected her with Formalin,read between the lines..Formalin would have caused SEVERE tissue destruction..she had a severe reaction to the Anaesthetic Drug and coupled with wrong injection site..
A Reporter that does not know difference between Myomectomy and Fibroid should not be taken serious..

You are right...any thing goes wrong... as long as it involves Drs or Nurses, the world will just look for way to crucify them.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Rhozabeth(m): 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
This is what happens in govt establishments, cover-up! When are we going to leave this stage of mediocrity!

1 Like

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by MunorAnne(f): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
webincomeplus:
Diagnosed of myomectomy? Also known as fibroid? I give up!
The tin taya me.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by anjilgreat(f): 9:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
gbadexy:
That is one act of serious negligence and not just the medical director should pay for it.
formalin has a very strong choking odor and there was no way anyone with the most basic knowledge of chemicals could miss it.
Even from tiny drops from the injection needle or just opening the vial.

It surprised me too that formalin was used unknowingly. In my university days especially, I couldn't withstand the smell whenever I perceived it. After every anatomy practicals I usually have serious catarrh with persistent tears from my eyes due to the pungent smell.

This woman is even lucky that she didn't experience multiple failure of her organs like a similar case of a 27yrs old Russian, Ekaterina Fedyaeva who on April 2018 was intravenously injected with formaldehyde when she went for an operation to remove cysts in her ovary in a Russian hospital. When the doctors realized their mistake, she was immediately put on a life support and flown to a bigger hospital in Moscow where she awoke briefly from the coma before dying of multiple organ failure. Major newspaper headlines in Russia carried the news that she was embalmed alive.

Doctors and health workers need to be extra careful when dealing with humans. Hope she recovers fully and still fulfill her dream of becoming a joyful mother of children. It is only God that will help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by gbadexy(m): 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
anjilgreat:

It surprised me too that formalin was used unknowingly. In my university days especially, I couldn't withstand the smell whenever I perceived it. After every anatomy practicals I usually have serious catarrh with persistent tears from my eyes due to the pungent smell.

This woman is even lucky that she didn't experience multiple failure of her organs like a similar case of a 27yrs old Russian, Ekaterina Fedyaeva who on April 2018 was intravenously injected with formaldehyde when she went for an operation to remove cysts in her ovary in a Russian hospital. When the doctors realized their mistake, she was immediately put on a life support and flown to a bigger hospital in Moscow where she awoke briefly from the coma before dying of multiple organ failure. Major newspaper headlines in Russia carried the news that she was embalmed alive.

Doctors and health workers need to be extra careful when dealing with humans. Hope she recovers fully and still fulfill her dream of becoming a joyful mother of children. It is only God that will help us.
You are right, only God can really save us since even russian hospitals could make such a costly mistake.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by anjilgreat(f): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
lankonsegson:
formalin way they de use preserve fish but na everybody dey eat am sha

I personally instinctively stopped eating iced fish and frozen chicken almost about seven years ago because I felt I was perceiving and tasting formalin in them. I have always hated the smell of formalin because of the bad experiences I have especially after perceiving it during my practicals in the university.

So, I am not among the everybody eating iced fish lol!
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by CSTR1005: 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Utter incompetence.

Is this not the same Lagos hospital that you need to have a pass in Yoruba to get employed just like other Lagos institutions. ?

I guess they employed an ngbatii-ngbatii nitwit to put patients lives at risk.

They should be sued for all they are worth. Sue the hospital, the CMD, the doctors and nurses on duty.

1 Like

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by CSTR1005: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
anjilgreat:

I even learnt that some market women use formaldehyde to swell ponmo.

Just terrible.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Bellezar: 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
Was admitted in d ward she is some months ago. Its indeed a sad story.
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by seunmohmoh(f): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
donbenie:
A very strong and caustic solution used in the preservation tissues and embalming of dead bodies..
omg shocked shocked
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by ivor1(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
No sane Anaesthetist ll administer formalin maybe she used l2/l3 or her spinal cord terminated at L3 either of the two but to say she the Anaesthetist use formalin big lies
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by Pataricatering(f): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
post=70631780:
SO many people that have been crippled or lost their lives by act of negligence like this millions of times.

May God keep protecting us and our families in his infinite mercy.
God didn’t protect her !
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Pataricatering:
God didn’t protect her !
Your point being?!
Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
Born2Breed:

Sorry to hear this sad story. May his soul rest in peace.

Thanks dear... 7 years gone by already and I still can't figure out what went wrong

1 Like

Re: Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her by nervorum: 12:49am On Aug 27, 2018
dominique:

That's Nigerian semi-literate journalists for you

Without meaning to discredit the claim of the report, it is difficult to manage to comment on this when the journalist(s) obviously don't even understand what they are 'talking' about.

This is 'motor park journalism'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! / Swollen Testicles: My Right Egg Is 3 Times The Size Of My Left Egg, Help / Does Penis Enlargement Really Works?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.