Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1212707 members, 1571371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 30 July 2014 at 04:13 PM

Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? (4124 Views)

Reservoir Engineering For Computer Sci And IT Graduate At Heriot Watt University / How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree / Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by iHustle(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2010
Some people advice me to go to UK schools like the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, while some advice me to go to Canada.
In Aberdeen there is no such course as Petroleum Reservoir Engineering. what they have is Energy Futures(Oil & Gas). But in some Canadian schools like University of Calgary, they have Petroleum Reservoir Engineering. Petroleum Reservoir Engineering is more specific than Energy Futures(Oil & Gas). The Masters program in UK is 1yr, in Canada it's 2yrs.
I was also told that chances of getting a job in the UK is lower than in Canada, I don't know of the US.
I have some questions:

1. Considering the duration of the masters program in both countries, do you think the UK school will cover as much as the North American school?
2. Is it true that securing a job in the UK is tougher than in Canada? Is it easier in Canada than in the US?
3. Thinking out of the box, which other countries have very good Petroleum Engineering programs?
4. Are degrees from those/that country respected worldwide?
5. Please share your thoughts on the petroleum industry in Aberdeen, Calgary, Houston etc.

And please feel free to expound on the topic. Thanks a lot.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by olas2u: 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2010
Norway
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by iHustle(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
olas2u:

Norway

please give me reasons.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by olas2u: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2010
Well depends on what you want for youself,since you want to work after you finnish abroad then scotland will be okay for you,but Norway as excellent education but it diificult to access from people from Nigeria.Because tuition  is free  in most schools.But you could go on exchange during your programme and complete it in canada or U.s.masters degree in norway is 2 years as well.

It will be difficult to get a job in norway ,buts its possible,but you may not be happy with the job,you skin will still be a problem in norway.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by iHustle(m): 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2010
Tenx a lot Olas2u.
what I deduce from what you've said is that Scotland is better than Norway. cos i think if my skin is a problem in getting a job, it should also be a problem in the classroom, irrespective of their excellent education. To make it worse, it is free, so I can imagine how they are treating  blacks there.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by olas2u: 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
Dont get it wrong,they dont discriminate in schools,but there own discrimation is like eye service.You will enjoy schooling and learning,but the job part is what maybe difficult.There is no place like Nigeria if you have the right qualification and job,thats my opinion.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by iHustle(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2010
OK. thanks for ur response.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Study Petroleum Reservoir Engineering For Masters? by omivora: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
Dear Friends,
I am having a question about Masters in environmental Technology from University of stavanger-Norway. I want to know about job prospects after completion of course also what is the exact criteria and probability of getting selected for the course.

Thanks In advance

(0) (Reply)

You Cannot Seé Result Because NO BIOMETRIC Verification...what Can We Do / New Way To Check Your Esut 2009/2010 Admission Status / Why Should Students Pay To Check PUTME Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.